Just can't stop smiling
By Still Smiling on
2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)
I've been a fan of the Corvette as long as I remember, but this is my first one. Comparing it to anything else I've ever driven... well, I just can't. It outperforms them all in just about every way. Obviously, it is a sportscar and no one can deny it's performance (even not considering it's price). I shopped several european vehicles and looked at a couple of Asian models. The only thing close of US manufacturer's are the Viper (not civil enough for me) and the Cadillac, which is a heavier underpowered Corvette. Nothing compared. Acceleration is incredible, handling sublime, but what I'm most impressed with is the comfort. I'm 6'3" and feel comfortable enough to enjoy a 10 hr trip
Favorite Features
NPP exhaust, 436 HP, HUD, 6 sp manual (must have for me in a sportscar), surprising comfort of ride (Magnetic Select Ride included), wow factor from myself and everyone else who sees it. Fuel economy is great for the type of car (averaging 25 mpg).
Suggested Improvements
Nav system needs upgrade. It's nearly impossible to see in sunlight, and my cell phone is easier to use and more accurate. Oh yeah, and maybe add a "stealth" mode. 20 years of driving, and after 2 weeks of ownership I got my first speeding ticket. Need to factor that into "True Cost to own".