Boyhood dream
By Jack on
2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)
I've salivated over Vettes ever since the 1958 model came out, and still think the 58 - 61 models are the most beautiful cars ever made. Wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, so my first vehicles weren't much to talk about, then along came wife and children. Children all grown now with their own children, so I love my machine silver 2008 LT3 convertible with titanium interior and gray top. My wife never liked Vettes, but now she's a fan too! Nearing 16,000 miles and only one small issue - the cheap plastic glove box latch broke and was replaced under warranty. NPP option is nice. I added a "mild to wild" module (easy to do) so I can run in either mode at touch of a button.
Favorite Features
From pussycat to wildcat with a mere flex of the right foot. Can actually tour in this car without feeling beat up at end of trip. Magnetic ride control. Averaged 28.6 MPG on 1500 mile trip, 70 -80 MPH. Saw 35 mpg on a 50 mile leg at 55 MPH. Awesome acceleration! Service - Chevy dealers everywhere
Suggested Improvements
More supportive seats. Handling on a par with it's European competition - you can do this, Chevy! Spice up the bland interior and use soft touch materials, especially on the center console. Fix the unacceptably slow down-shifts of the paddle shift and add "throttle blip". Better, quieter run-flats.