2008 Chevrolet Corvette 6.2L V8 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Vette Owner w/Real Objective Review

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Base Coupe (6.2L V8 6-speed Manual)

Vette Owner w/Real Objective Review
By VetteOwner on

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned my '08 vette for 26 months and enjoy it. The car is great overall, is fun to drive, but is far from perfect. Here are the issues I've dealt with and you'll see why I gave the reliability a 3 ranking. After 1 week the glove box latch fell apart. In less than a year the rear end started clunking around corners, replaced the fluid. At year 1 the clutch pedal started squeaking every time it was released, replaced the position sensor. At year 1.5 a cam position sensor failed. After 2 years the water pump failed. Worst of all is that the first set of tires only lasted 16,000 miles with easy driving. Be prepared for lots of driving fun and numerous trips to the dealer for repairs.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, engine horsepower, manual transmission, overall performance, great seats, and the hatchback storage capacity. After 26 months my car still smells new inside. Even with the poor reliability, I love the car.

Suggested Improvements

Car should be much more reliable than it is. Be prepared for trips to the dealer for repairs every 6 months or so.