Best Vette since the '67
By Marc on
2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)
This is my first Vette since my 1969 convertible. The performance is exceptional. The aerodynamics are well engineered, the car actually feels like it's attached to the road - extremely solid and smooth on the highway. Low end torque is so powerful that you never have to rev the engine past 2200 RPM if you don't want to. The shift linkage is very smooth and short coupled. Steering wheel controls are unnecessary because the stereo and HVAC dash controls are perfectly position right above your hand when on the shifter. The panel is a throw back to the 63-67 series, my favorite. I'm 62 and I absolutely love every minute I spend in this car, it's a delight to own and drive.
Favorite Features
Targa top - simple to remove. Takes me less than 30 seconds to remove and store in the trunk. DIS - much more logical and easier to use than my 08 Caddy. Hatch Back Storage - unlike previous Vetts lots of space, even with the Targa top in place.
Suggested Improvements
The peddles are too small. I also found it hard to find a seat position that allowed me to fully disengage the clutch without the break peddle being too close. The seat back needs to be reinforced on the edge facing the door to prevent abrasion when entering the vehicle.