Absolutely love this car
By Jeffrey on
2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)
Purchased an Atomic Orange Z-51 4LT with all the options. This car is absolutely fantastic. Sticks to the road like the tires are glued down. Gas mileage is unbelievable for a car with 436 hp. I use the cruise control a lot to improve the mileage, and often find myself getting in the low 30's, until I get up past 60 mph, when it drops down to 28 to 29 mpg. No other car with this much power, comfort, and performance can compare. I get compliments about my car everywhere, even while sitting at stop lights. Reliability has been absolutely superb (do you hear that Consumer Reports???).
Favorite Features
First, the interior quality (4LT). The hand sewn leather dash and door panels are stunning, and as well made as any foreign car costing 3x as much. Heads up display (GM - put this in all your cars), push button start, duel mode exhaust, and more raw HP than can sanely be used.
Suggested Improvements
Nothing on the car. The depreciation value on Corvettes is unrealistic, dropping 20 grand in the first year alone. I paid over 64K for mine new, and with only 7k miles on it now, there's no way I would even think of taking less than 55k for it now. Lets get realistic on values here.