2008 Chevrolet Corvette 6.2L V8 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - A true all around sports

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

A true all around sports car
By Sam on

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

For years I didn't seriously consider the Vette due to the "gold chain" image and cheap looks. The looks and performance of the C6 got my attention and the 08 improvements really got me thinking. I finally took the plunge and bought an 08 JSB/Cashmere car w/ 6sp and 2LT. You can't help but smile when you nail the throttle, hear that big V8 scream, and feel the tires fighting for traction. I came from Porsches mostly but I have owned something from about every sports car manufacturer. My most recent was an 02 911 Cabrio. I have to say that this is my favorite of anything I've owned. GM has done a magnificent job and no excuses are necessary. Drive one and you'll understand!

Favorite Features

LS3 Power (feels like a much bigger bump from the LS2 than GM claims). Styling, good stereo, sound, good ride, did I mention power?

Suggested Improvements

I find the center console cover hard on the elbow but they make a leather replacement for about $150 that should fix that. Shifter action could be more crisp. High hoodline makes it difficult to place the front of the car but I understand the front engine V8 nature. Nothing big really.