A Dream Come True
By Ron Dudeck on
2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)
My First Vette - Crystal Red Metallic/ Cashmere interior. I have been looking and wanting a Vette for over 40 years, ever since I had my 69 GTO Judge. Your going to spend some money on your dream car, then don’t cut corners. I got all the options. I love the Nav System. The Z51 package is a must. Chrome wheels. The 3LT PEG gives you all you need (headsup display, heated seats, memory pkg, Bose). Six-Speed Paddle Shift w Auto modes, you have a standard without a clutch and an automatic. Remove the Roof Panel and you really improve the looks, more folks turn their heads as you drive past. With premium gas the cost to drive is less than my F150. The cost of insurance is also less than my truck.
Favorite Features
Dual mode exhaust gives this Vette 436 hp. Floor it from a stop or while moving 20-40mph - the wheels spin very little and the sound. You have to be there. The C6 design is the best Vette produced. Never cared for the pop up headlights, and when they went away I knew I was going to buy one.
Suggested Improvements
Learning about the tires was a little scary. 1 nail repair, half of the life of the tire was gone. 2 repairs – replace the tire ($400 ea). Even though it takes curves great, you are wearing down the edges of your tires fast. Remove the ash tray, too small to use - who would ever smoke in a Vette.