Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Best American Car I've Ever Owned
By Whaler21

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm not one for american cars. Honda and Toyota are the quality I expect. So spending 45K on this car was a huge gamble for me. If Toyota or Honda made a real supercar then there would be no Vette in my garage. But I have to say, without a doubt this is one of the best cars in America today. Built with quality and not one problem so far. Very happy with the performance, 26+MPG on the highway and the fit and finish that will match anything from Japan. The 08 is much more than the 07 model. Hold out for a 08, you will be glad you did. Excellent ride and performance for the money. Much nicer dash layout than any other year Vette. I'm just so happy the fit and finish is as nice as it is. Also, Chevy is finally after all these years making the dash layout worth looking at. Seeing the same dash components in the Vette as the Chevette is one reason I waited so long to get one. Much better dash/interior than the previous years. Go and get one.

6 speed manual is fun. Dual mode exhaust is a must have. Z51 is a must have. Are the rest of the bells and whistles worth the cost? Not to me. I stayed with the L1 package. Best bang for the buck.

Oh Yeah!
By DC Vette Lover

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 5th Vette. The 08 LS3 is so smooth. The interior upgrades were overdue and really enhance the overall quality of the car. The 6 speed auto works well for high traffic cities while the paddles allow for manual pleasures when desired. When comparing my Vette to my brother's Cobra Mustang, I really appreciate the refined cockpit and nicely placed shifter, interior controls, and the overall feel and control of a 400+hp monster. If you can afford one you would be crazy not to buy one.

Style, performance, cockpit, cargo space, interior quality, removable roof, did I say performance!

I'm 6 ft 4 and with a little more leg room, I might have bought a 6 speed manual. The sound system is average at best.

Wow!
By C.I. Crouch

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Originally, I was going to get the wife a new Cadillac, and make my first Vette a used one. We both decided we weren't ready for the a Caddy, so we got a new Vette. The only comment I can make that says it all is that it is everything I dreamed it would be and more. We got the Z51 package, which is a little bit stiffer suspension. I was worried it might be a little rough riding, but it isn't. It's smooth as glass. I reccomend the Z51. The one option I didn't get and wish I had is the dual mode exhaust. Even without it, it still has a pretty good sound to it. If you take it easy on the highway, you can get pretty close to 30mpg, which is amazing for 430 HP. It's a rocket on wheels.

The seats wrap around you for a really good feel. The Z51 package is awesome. The transmisson in the rear really equalizes the weight. Engine compartment is almost totally sealed which makes it easy to keep the engine clean.

'08 3lt, auto
By rocitman

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Wow! This care is awesome to say the least. Pound for pound the best American performance sports car ever built. The look, power, handling, daily driveablity, interior features and pricing says it all. I finally have my dream car and there are only a few carnal pleasures that trump driving this machine. The dual mode exhaust is so cool, sounds like afterburners on a jet and the power is like riding in a rocket. HUD display is unique and a must have. Paddle shift and magnetic select ride features allow the driver to have two cars in one. Interior is luxurious enough for the real sports car enthusiast.

Dual mode, paddle shift, removable roof, steering audio controls, satellite radio and OnStar, smooth ride, responsive handling, remote fob, active handling

Parking brake lever set too high, paddle shifting response a bit slow. Cup holders too small, automatic rear hatch release/close needs some engineering.

Glad I sprung for the 4LT
By Romes

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

When I ordered the 4LT package I was a bit skeptical, but after seeing the Linen first hand and feeling the difference in comfort and support alone compared to the 3LT or below I'd definitely say it was worth it. The only compliant is actually not even the cars fault, and that is the tire roar at highway speeds with the run flats. I've driven the last 3 generations of Vettes and this is by far the most advanced.

Head up display, linen interior, dual mode exhaust, the shifter is 10 times better than '07 I drove, and the amount of ease to bump up the horsepower to 500+ while retaining around 30 mpg on the highway! GM has come a full 180 since 2000 even, major kudos.

LED tail lights, a new contract for different run flats.