2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
2008 Black Coupe
By Howard Clem on 11/29/07 11:07 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned Vette's starting with 67, 76, 95, 99 and now a 2008. All were coupe's with the exception of the 67 that was a vert. I use to say that the best build quality was the 67 until I purchased the 1999 and the most aggressive looking body style and bay far the best bass sound from the bose stereo was the 95. However, the 2008 coupe is by far the best overall corvette I have ever owned. My 99 was a great car with the z51 handling package but I picked up my 2008 and drove it 800 miles in 2 days and it hands down has the best ride and driver seat comfort. GM continues to impove on the American Icon each generation and I consider myself fortunate to have the opportunity to own one.

New and improved
By 2008 z51 on 11/19/07 15:30 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2005 C6 with z51 for a 2008 base model 6m with just the Z51 option. I purchased the new 2008 for just under 42k(thats around $800 under invoice. The new car is almost like a night and day difference. The new c6 has a much nicer interior, much tighter and quiter ride, much better shifting and steering and last, but not least, the power of the new engine. I can defenitely tell the difference in acceleration. I think Chevy under estimated the 430 horses to make a larger gap in horse power for the Z06. This new car is just simply amazing.

2008 4LT Jetstream Blue Coupe
By nhnascar on 11/06/07 10:14 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

The all "new" 2008 Corvette is exactly that! From a new Jetstream Blue exterior, a revamped upscale interior, 36HP increase, and a new exhast system the new feature enhancements are extraordinary. The new Jetstream Blue exterior really stands out in the crowd. The 4LT interior (Linen & Ebony) finally puts Corvette in the luxury realm. The 436 HP puts the Vette way above any other car in the price range. The optional Z06 style butterfly exhaust makes the car really sound like a Vette should right from the start. I added an optional remote that lets me control the exhaust butterfly. I owned a 2004 C5 prior to this C6 and was completely blown away at how much better this car is over my C5.

2008 C6
By Scott on 10/10/07 11:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Love my new 2008 Coupe. I traded my 04 Z06 Commemorative for it and havenít looked back. This car is a dream to drive, a computer on wheels.

Rocket ship!
By Scott on 09/01/07 09:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I love this new Vette! It is a rocket ship and has way more power than anything in the same price class and even as fast as much more expensive cars like the Porsche 911 S. It does not handle as well as the German sports cars like Porsche or BMW, but it has gobs of power. I was doing 90 in 3rd gear! Amazing design and much better than the 2006 model. Now if Chevy can improve the poor handling it would be the ultimate sports car!

New owner experience
By initial skeptic on 08/24/07 23:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

For years, I've stayed away from the Vette because of poor quality interior and poor feedback response. I've owned a S2000, 350z (modified twin turbo), Audi S4, and Lexus SC430. I can honestly say I'm impressed with every aspect of the care especially the great handling and daily livability. Feedback response is not as crisp as the S2000, but its good enough to instill confidence. The interior is so much better now, it feels like a luxury sports car (on-star, turn-by- turn navigation, radio frequency keyless entry/start, coach-like leather, and tactile sensation of each dial/button, phone). Every day, I find something more to like and I'm a hard person to please when it comes to details

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.