Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

08 Vette
By dirk Miller

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Driving either on the track or milk runs to Safeway is really enjoyable. Magnetic shocks energized for comfort or tighter sport ride is the way to go for me. No wonder the ZR1 is using similiar technology. Gas mileage has a wide range; from 13 in town to truly over 3l mpg on the freeways.

Bold power, magnetic ride, heads up display

Rear brake rotors are cooled with air vents while front brakes are not. For $25 I installed the Z06 front air ducts to hit the rotors at 90 degrees. Front brakes need more cooling than rears. The rugs could use a denser and higher quality nap. I'd pay more for a higher quality of seat leather

2008 Red Vette
By M13

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Excellent car providing power on demand, great fuel mileage, and fun to drive. Zero problems so far. Mostly in town driving with an average of 20.7 MPG in stop and go traffic..not bad! Appears to be getting about 27-28 MPG on the open road at a steady 55MPH. This is the best of 4 Vettes I've owned over the years and hopefully it won't be my last.

Sleek lines, excellent finish, power, gas mileage, run flats with excellent grip.

Extended XM radio service should be included in the price.

Best American Car I've Ever Owned
By Whaler21

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm not one for american cars. Honda and Toyota are the quality I expect. So spending 45K on this car was a huge gamble for me. If Toyota or Honda made a real supercar then there would be no Vette in my garage. But I have to say, without a doubt this is one of the best cars in America today. Built with quality and not one problem so far. Very happy with the performance, 26+MPG on the highway and the fit and finish that will match anything from Japan. The 08 is much more than the 07 model. Hold out for a 08, you will be glad you did. Excellent ride and performance for the money. Much nicer dash layout than any other year Vette. I'm just so happy the fit and finish is as nice as it is. Also, Chevy is finally after all these years making the dash layout worth looking at. Seeing the same dash components in the Vette as the Chevette is one reason I waited so long to get one. Much better dash/interior than the previous years. Go and get one.

6 speed manual is fun. Dual mode exhaust is a must have. Z51 is a must have. Are the rest of the bells and whistles worth the cost? Not to me. I stayed with the L1 package. Best bang for the buck.

Oh Yeah!
By DC Vette Lover

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 5th Vette. The 08 LS3 is so smooth. The interior upgrades were overdue and really enhance the overall quality of the car. The 6 speed auto works well for high traffic cities while the paddles allow for manual pleasures when desired. When comparing my Vette to my brother's Cobra Mustang, I really appreciate the refined cockpit and nicely placed shifter, interior controls, and the overall feel and control of a 400+hp monster. If you can afford one you would be crazy not to buy one.

Style, performance, cockpit, cargo space, interior quality, removable roof, did I say performance!

I'm 6 ft 4 and with a little more leg room, I might have bought a 6 speed manual. The sound system is average at best.

Wow!
By C.I. Crouch

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Originally, I was going to get the wife a new Cadillac, and make my first Vette a used one. We both decided we weren't ready for the a Caddy, so we got a new Vette. The only comment I can make that says it all is that it is everything I dreamed it would be and more. We got the Z51 package, which is a little bit stiffer suspension. I was worried it might be a little rough riding, but it isn't. It's smooth as glass. I reccomend the Z51. The one option I didn't get and wish I had is the dual mode exhaust. Even without it, it still has a pretty good sound to it. If you take it easy on the highway, you can get pretty close to 30mpg, which is amazing for 430 HP. It's a rocket on wheels.

The seats wrap around you for a really good feel. The Z51 package is awesome. The transmisson in the rear really equalizes the weight. Engine compartment is almost totally sealed which makes it easy to keep the engine clean.