Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

My Dream Car
By M. Biagini

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Got this as a Christmas gift Dec. 07. We are a Corvette family, with my mom owning a 82' and also a 2005. After driving both of those I was ecstatic to get in my 08 for the first drive. This thing handles like nobody's business, so smooth and responsive. I love all the little gadget-y stuff (like the OnStar, GPS, heated seats are fab. in the cold NY winters). The push button start took some getting used to, I prefer to turn a key myself. Also, getting in and out was a comedy of errors until I figured out how it's supposed to be done. My only real complaint was an extremely squeaky roof. Every time I hit a bump, squeak, squeak. Dealer fixed it no problem. This car is amazingly sharp!

Favorite Features

*heated seats *OnStar *nice sound system *FAST *can change the color scheme on the display to suit your taste (sorry..but I'm a girl you know!)

Suggested Improvements

*Let's get back to using an actual KEY. I know car manufacturers like to update everything, but one of the great pleasures of a vette' is turning that key and feeling that engine start up. My battery died once and we needed a freakin' engineer to figure out how to get into the car to pop the hood.

08 Coupe
By Pleased

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased new in March of 09. 0% financing and steep discount was enough to convince. The car looks fantastic in Velocity Yellow. Turns heads around town. Averaging over 21+ MPG.

Favorite Features

Paddle shifter automatic, LS3 power, performance, handling, exterior.

Suggested Improvements

More supportive seats, upgraded stereo

08 Vette Coupe
By 08 Z-51 Coupe

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

AI bought an 08 with 5000 miles on it. It has Z-51, dual mode and 6 speed manual. Performance is outstanding, dual mode is fun. Z-51 suspension is on the stiff side. It is OK in states with smooth roads, but would be bothersome in northern climates with cracked pavement. Overall a well built car so far.

Favorite Features

Dual mode exhaust is cool. I have dual tops and like the ability to change when I want to. The Bose stereo is decent for a Vette and the 6 speed has nice short throws. I like the XM radio a lot.

Suggested Improvements

Lighten up the spring rates on the Z-51 a bit. My tops have the creaking latch issue which I will have the dealer fix. Not OK on a body that has been in production since 05.

Worth the wait!
By Bluuurr

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had never owned a Corvette before purchasing a new 2008 crystal red metalic coupe. I thought that I could not afford one yet, and then the Chevrolete employee pricing was offered. I had planned to wait another 5 years before taking the plung, but the price was right sooner. I had never even been in a Vette or even test driven a Vette until my purchase. I just knew I wanted one! I couldn't be any more pleased with color, speed and acceleration, interior. I love everything about this car. Everyone else loves it too. To all you who have put off purchasing the new C6 Corvette...go do it, you'll not regret it.

Favorite Features

My Corvette knows me. My Proximity key unlocks the vehicle as you walk up to it and locks when you walk away. OnStar is great. Push button start. Very easy to wash exterior surfaces. Neighbors come out of the wood work and are more personable people too due to their interest in the car.

Suggested Improvements

It is beyond me why anyone would complain about the C6 Corvette features. This is a keeper.

$50k piece of junk
By Dissapointed

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Considering all the good reviews I must have gotten the car built on a Friday before a holiday. This is the worst car I have ever owned. Worst paint job I have ever seen. Silver body doesn’t match the gray front. Visible drips in the paint. Car was purchased new but I took it to a body shop to see if it was ever hit and repainted. Seams don't line up, door doesn't close flush. Worst stereo I have ever heard. Cheap interior. Center console was put on incorrectly. Window indexing mechanism was defective. Brakes continued to squeak even after service addressed issue. Loud and embarrassing buzzing/humming sound coming from the dash when car goes over 70mph. Too many other problems to list.

Favorite Features

The exterior of this car is a work of art (from a distance). Great gas mileage. OnStar is a nice feature.

Suggested Improvements

How this car made it through the quality control part of production line is beyond me. Hire people that actually care about the quality of their work.