Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Amazing power and handling
By fl_vetteguy

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

talk about fun! 6 spd and 430hp with 10 inch wide rear wheels and a rocking stereo to boot! there is nothing like sitting in the cockpit, looking out over that long hood and curvy wheelwells while running from 3rd to 6th gear merging on the interstate! a truely genuine classic.

6spd, body design, stereo, engine, wheels and belonging to a corvette club!

the only thing i can say to do is jazz up the doors and dash, everything else i love...

Best Vette since the '67
By Marc

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first Vette since my 1969 convertible. The performance is exceptional. The aerodynamics are well engineered, the car actually feels like it's attached to the road - extremely solid and smooth on the highway. Low end torque is so powerful that you never have to rev the engine past 2200 RPM if you don't want to. The shift linkage is very smooth and short coupled. Steering wheel controls are unnecessary because the stereo and HVAC dash controls are perfectly position right above your hand when on the shifter. The panel is a throw back to the 63-67 series, my favorite. I'm 62 and I absolutely love every minute I spend in this car, it's a delight to own and drive.

Targa top - simple to remove. Takes me less than 30 seconds to remove and store in the trunk. DIS - much more logical and easier to use than my 08 Caddy. Hatch Back Storage - unlike previous Vetts lots of space, even with the Targa top in place.

The peddles are too small. I also found it hard to find a seat position that allowed me to fully disengage the clutch without the break peddle being too close. The seat back needs to be reinforced on the edge facing the door to prevent abrasion when entering the vehicle.

1st Corvette (my dream car)
By wh

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've driven several corvettes in my quest to buy one. I am very pleased with the car.

it's a corvette

stop making so many automatic vettes!

Perfect choice to replace old Vette
By Lea

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 427 Limited Edition Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I owned a '69 427 pumped up Vette for 16 years. Decided at last, to replace it instead with a new one a few weeks ago. My old car was a beast, and this one equals it, but stock and under warranty! Chevy has finally brought back a true muscle car! Fun to drive, great gas mileage, unbelievably 26.5 mpg after a 3200 mile trip out west, and a rather comfortable ride to boot. I still miss my old car but this one takes away the pain leaving nothing to be desired.

Horse power to burn, heads up display, all the options including Nav, interior/exterior design, gas mileage with big fat tires.

Better heat insulation under console, it gets too hot to store anything safely inside except metal. Not very good steering on uneven ridged roads. It will steer into and with road ruts but then again, the older Vettes did the same. Seats could be improved tilting headrest back

My Dream Car
By M. Biagini

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Got this as a Christmas gift Dec. 07. We are a Corvette family, with my mom owning a 82' and also a 2005. After driving both of those I was ecstatic to get in my 08 for the first drive. This thing handles like nobody's business, so smooth and responsive. I love all the little gadget-y stuff (like the OnStar, GPS, heated seats are fab. in the cold NY winters). The push button start took some getting used to, I prefer to turn a key myself. Also, getting in and out was a comedy of errors until I figured out how it's supposed to be done. My only real complaint was an extremely squeaky roof. Every time I hit a bump, squeak, squeak. Dealer fixed it no problem. This car is amazingly sharp!

*heated seats *OnStar *nice sound system *FAST *can change the color scheme on the display to suit your taste (sorry..but I'm a girl you know!)

*Let's get back to using an actual KEY. I know car manufacturers like to update everything, but one of the great pleasures of a vette' is turning that key and feeling that engine start up. My battery died once and we needed a freakin' engineer to figure out how to get into the car to pop the hood.