2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
2008 Red Vette
By M13 on 07/27/08 15:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Excellent car providing power on demand, great fuel mileage, and fun to drive. Zero problems so far. Mostly in town driving with an average of 20.7 MPG in stop and go traffic..not bad! Appears to be getting about 27-28 MPG on the open road at a steady 55MPH. This is the best of 4 Vettes I've owned over the years and hopefully it won't be my last.

Best American Car I've Ever Owned
By Whaler21 on 07/09/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm not one for american cars. Honda and Toyota are the quality I expect. So spending 45K on this car was a huge gamble for me. If Toyota or Honda made a real supercar then there would be no Vette in my garage. But I have to say, without a doubt this is one of the best cars in America today. Built with quality and not one problem so far. Very happy with the performance, 26+MPG on the highway and the fit and finish that will match anything from Japan. The 08 is much more than the 07 model. Hold out for a 08, you will be glad you did. Excellent ride and performance for the money. Much nicer dash layout than any other year Vette. I'm just so happy the fit and finish is as nice as it is. Also, Chevy is finally after all these years making the dash layout worth looking at. Seeing the same dash components in the Vette as the Chevette is one reason I waited so long to get one. Much better dash/interior than the previous years. Go and get one.

True sports coupe (Z06)
By Z06 owner on 07/07/08 17:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my first Vette ever(Red 2008 Z06). I traded a 07 BMW 335i (I miss it by the way). The Z06 feels very fast and safe. Ggreat handling, great brakes, fat tires, low to the ground, super wide, etc. The looks of this car is just unbelievable. The regular Vette looks so plain and simple compared to the fat fender z06. This car is a real challenge for Ferrari, Porsches, Lamborghinis, you name it. This car screams on the highway, the sound of the engine is spectacular. It makes you want to go to the garage and just start up the car so that you can hear the engine. This car is a perfect sport coupe with a huge trunk (best on its class)

Oh Yeah!
By DC Vette Lover on 07/06/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 5th Vette. The 08 LS3 is so smooth. The interior upgrades were overdue and really enhance the overall quality of the car. The 6 speed auto works well for high traffic cities while the paddles allow for manual pleasures when desired. When comparing my Vette to my brother's Cobra Mustang, I really appreciate the refined cockpit and nicely placed shifter, interior controls, and the overall feel and control of a 400+hp monster. If you can afford one you would be crazy not to buy one.

Do I have a lemon
By RICHARD LEE on 07/02/08 22:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have been having constant problems with my new Z06.1. The automatic shift from 1st to 4th light does not comes on and off whether I am actually shifting from 1st to 4th. Sometimes the vehicle will not let me fill a full tank instead it only allows me to fill 1/2 a tank. My traction light comes on and off whenever it wants and it seems the rear end is slipping. When I make wide slow turns the steering wheel gets rock hard and I have to really hold it tight as if I didnt have power steering. When I pull my vehicle up to my drive way I hear the roof of the car crackling as if the roof is shifting. My power seat control went out the first week of owership and they had to replace it.

Wow!
By C.I. Crouch on 06/23/08 14:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Originally, I was going to get the wife a new Cadillac, and make my first Vette a used one. We both decided we weren't ready for the a Caddy, so we got a new Vette. The only comment I can make that says it all is that it is everything I dreamed it would be and more. We got the Z51 package, which is a little bit stiffer suspension. I was worried it might be a little rough riding, but it isn't. It's smooth as glass. I reccomend the Z51. The one option I didn't get and wish I had is the dual mode exhaust. Even without it, it still has a pretty good sound to it. If you take it easy on the highway, you can get pretty close to 30mpg, which is amazing for 430 HP. It's a rocket on wheels.

Unbelievable
By JohnR on 06/22/08 08:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have been a Ford man for many years and never liked Corvettes.This is an unbelievable car in performance, handling, braking and fuel economy. In highway driving I can easily get 26 or 27 MPG, this is incredible for a 500 HP car. The seats are very comfortable as is the driving position. The car is hard to get in and out because it is very low to the ground. The suspension is very stiff which does not bother me but could be to much for some owners. This car is scary fast !

Just can't stop smiling
By Still Smiling on 06/20/08 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've been a fan of the Corvette as long as I remember, but this is my first one. Comparing it to anything else I've ever driven... well, I just can't. It outperforms them all in just about every way. Obviously, it is a sportscar and no one can deny it's performance (even not considering it's price). I shopped several european vehicles and looked at a couple of Asian models. The only thing close of US manufacturer's are the Viper (not civil enough for me) and the Cadillac, which is a heavier underpowered Corvette. Nothing compared. Acceleration is incredible, handling sublime, but what I'm most impressed with is the comfort. I'm 6'3" and feel comfortable enough to enjoy a 10 hr trip

Big Black
By Big Black on 06/13/08 06:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Z06. The first was an '06. I loved it, but decided to return to an '08 convertible. It was a nice car, but I quickly missed my Z06.So, it was back to a Z06. I have never driven a better, more enjoyable car in my life! It's an everyday driver, and I can't wait to start the motor each day. If you can afford it, don't miss the chance to own and drive one. The Z06 will do everything that GM says...and more.

Best dollars spent
By Bigwoody on 06/09/08 09:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 427 Limited Edition Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Smooth engine, watertight, amazing handling. Powerful, cheap compared to Europen competition. Reliable, no problems

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.