2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Bang for the Buck
By Neal on 05/13/08 15:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

First time owner '08 3LT, Z51, dual mode exhaust, with Nav, etc., crystal red. I liked the C5 styling, but the C6 is so much better without popup headlights. Performance at this price point is amazing. The ride with the optional Z51 suspension is still very smooth, yet taut. Dual mode exhaust sounds simply awesome when you punch it in the guts, and adds a bit more power to boot. And who knew that a car capable of nearly 190 mph could get 25-30 mpg when driven normally. Amazing. And the trick integration of the HUD with the nav unit is super cool. I have very few negative things to say about this car. It's a keeper.

Awesome performance vehicle
By Frank on 05/11/08 20:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Having have many performance German vehicles in the past (BMW E46 M3 was my last), there is no substitute for displacement. The torque on takeoff always puts a smile on my face. I love the NPP exhaust which I recommend to anyone as a must have. This car is a tremendous deal for the price that will spank many cars costing 2-3 times more. Also, to increase the HP to over 500 is relatively cheap compared to German or Italian cars.

Owner
By Allen June on 05/08/08 19:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have always wanted a Corvette, as most men. I finally made the big decision last year, with no regrets. This is an awsome machine. Driving the vehicle is totally off the chain, I want to drive it all the time. The only improvement that I would recommend is the console between the seats. This area can be improved, my wife has some great ideas on this.

2008 Corvette Coupe
By coolcat on 05/07/08 17:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 5th Corvette and by far and away the best. The Magnetic Selected Ride Control system is great. In the sport mode it feels like a Z51 but without the rough ride. In the tour mode it rides like a Caddy. It's like getting two Vettes for the price of one. The optional factory installed performance exhaust is a must have feature along with the performance axle. Feeling and hearing the roar from the dual exhaust at start-up is as they say worth the price of admission. The spectacular LS3 engine feels like it should be rated at 476 hp rather than the listed 436 hp. I'am so glad I made the upgrade from a 05 C6. The 08 Corvette with it's 22 improvements is an awesome sports car!

Tony's 3rd and best Corvette
By Tony's 3rd Corvette on 05/07/08 14:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Corvette 1993-C4, 1998-C5, and now 2008-C6-LT3. I got another all Black version with the LT3 package, 6sp manual, Navigation system, Z-51 handling package with dual exhaust system. I must be a masochist for getting black a third time but when clean nothing looks better. By far this is the best Corvette I have ever owned. The vehicle now really has the horse power to be called a Corvette. The handing is crisp and precise and the acceleration is enough to cause whiplash. I have installed some additions; mesh grill, wild to mild exhaust controller, CAGS eliminator, iPod interface with HD radio and better rear speakers (Focals). Other than that I can see nothing else to change.

Sweet Ride
By Jeff on 05/01/08 10:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have wanted a Corvette for along time now but never pulled the trigger. I bought an 08 Crystal Red 3LT. Magnetice ride a must if you live in the Northeast because of pot holes with The performance exhaust(this is a must option with the mild to wild remote,repeat a must option) This exhaust note is incredible but my neighbors are not liking it at night. and I got zo6 replica chrome wheels and red painted calipers. in a little over a month I have put 900 miles on it because I always want to drive it.

Don't wait any longer
By mike on 04/27/08 03:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first Vette. The quality and workmanship put into this car is the best and worth the price. Gas mileage at 65mph is 24 miles per gallon! The performance is unsurpassed. Don't wait any longer, for this car is truly an American classic. You can't beat the quality, price, and performance.

Paddle shifter
By David Gordon on 04/21/08 14:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This car is fantastic. This is our second Corvette and we like them so much we kept our 2001 for me and this one is hers. I am ussually a M-6 guy but this A-6 is plenty quick. The paddle shifters are way too slow and if you pull down instead of up you will overrev the engine quick. I think they are worthless and should have just left the selecter on the floor. We bought the crystle red metalic vette and it is georgous.

A true all around sports car
By Sam on 04/18/08 12:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

For years I didn't seriously consider the Vette due to the "gold chain" image and cheap looks. The looks and performance of the C6 got my attention and the 08 improvements really got me thinking. I finally took the plunge and bought an 08 JSB/Cashmere car w/ 6sp and 2LT. You can't help but smile when you nail the throttle, hear that big V8 scream, and feel the tires fighting for traction. I came from Porsches mostly but I have owned something from about every sports car manufacturer. My most recent was an 02 911 Cabrio. I have to say that this is my favorite of anything I've owned. GM has done a magnificent job and no excuses are necessary. Drive one and you'll understand!

Awesome car and value
By Brian on 04/16/08 13:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Awesome ride. In hind sight, I'd probably go with less options. Nav and XM radio are nice, but not why I bought the car. A portable nav is easier to operate and less expensive, save the money and get the nicer wheels. The (npp) bi-modal exhaust is very cool and with the wild to mild aftermarket kit, you can select it whenever you want to. Paddleshift aut is nice, but again I'd probably save the money next time and get the 6 spd manual. The hud is something you become dependent on, unfortunately it's only available with the 3lt upgrade. 25 mpg driving it with zeal. You only live once, live it in the fast lane.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.