Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Worth the wait!
By Bluuurr

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had never owned a Corvette before purchasing a new 2008 crystal red metalic coupe. I thought that I could not afford one yet, and then the Chevrolete employee pricing was offered. I had planned to wait another 5 years before taking the plung, but the price was right sooner. I had never even been in a Vette or even test driven a Vette until my purchase. I just knew I wanted one! I couldn't be any more pleased with color, speed and acceleration, interior. I love everything about this car. Everyone else loves it too. To all you who have put off purchasing the new C6 Corvette...go do it, you'll not regret it.

My Corvette knows me. My Proximity key unlocks the vehicle as you walk up to it and locks when you walk away. OnStar is great. Push button start. Very easy to wash exterior surfaces. Neighbors come out of the wood work and are more personable people too due to their interest in the car.

It is beyond me why anyone would complain about the C6 Corvette features. This is a keeper.

$50k piece of junk
By Dissapointed

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Considering all the good reviews I must have gotten the car built on a Friday before a holiday. This is the worst car I have ever owned. Worst paint job I have ever seen. Silver body doesn’t match the gray front. Visible drips in the paint. Car was purchased new but I took it to a body shop to see if it was ever hit and repainted. Seams don't line up, door doesn't close flush. Worst stereo I have ever heard. Cheap interior. Center console was put on incorrectly. Window indexing mechanism was defective. Brakes continued to squeak even after service addressed issue. Loud and embarrassing buzzing/humming sound coming from the dash when car goes over 70mph. Too many other problems to list.

The exterior of this car is a work of art (from a distance). Great gas mileage. OnStar is a nice feature.

How this car made it through the quality control part of production line is beyond me. Hire people that actually care about the quality of their work.

No car better!
By Conrad

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm a mechanical engineer and I love this car, my first Corvette! Acceleration, fuel economy, fun to drive. It's much more than I thought a Corvette could be. The engineers who worked on this car should be very proud. I test drove what I thought was my dream car, a BMW Z coupe, M series (my daily driver is a 5 series) and it did not compare. Only two options; Z51 and dual mode exhaust. I removed the fuse from the exhaust so it's open all the time. At 58 years old, this car makes me feel the same way I did when I was 23. I drive it on day long trips through the Ozark mountains, simply wonderful. A pure expression of freedom and individuality. It's magic!

Acceleration, it's breathtaking. Firing it up early on a Saturday morning. This car has long legs. I've spent twelve hours driving it, stopping only for gas and coffee, very comfortable. And I've averaged 22 miles per gallon overall since I bought it 7600 miles ago.

Better stereo. Led Zeppelin sound reproduction could be improved.

Best money ever spent
By George Ware

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I owned a 1984 and a 1986 Z51 C4. I liked the C5 but didn't have the money. When I picked up my black on black 3LT C6 the smile stuck to my face. and now I have high blood pressure when ever you push the start button 8^). I love this car... and after a year & 8k miles it keeps getting better!

Nav system, dual mode head up display, memory package, 6 speed and selective ride control, cross drilled brakes, univ. Home remote, dual mode performance exhaust, heated driver & passanger seat.

Less brake dust

American Muscle
By Tony Fiorello

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 11th Corvette since I was 18. I have had a pretty wide spread of years and this 2008 steals the show! Very docile in traffic but packs a heck of a punch when desired. I had a fast 1972 LT1 car that this one would probably beat, and be more comfortable doing it. The electronic suspension control really steps up to the plate when needed. Thanks Chevy, you're number 1 in my book!