Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Best Vette since the '67
By Marc

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first Vette since my 1969 convertible. The performance is exceptional. The aerodynamics are well engineered, the car actually feels like it's attached to the road - extremely solid and smooth on the highway. Low end torque is so powerful that you never have to rev the engine past 2200 RPM if you don't want to. The shift linkage is very smooth and short coupled. Steering wheel controls are unnecessary because the stereo and HVAC dash controls are perfectly position right above your hand when on the shifter. The panel is a throw back to the 63-67 series, my favorite. I'm 62 and I absolutely love every minute I spend in this car, it's a delight to own and drive.

Favorite Features

Targa top - simple to remove. Takes me less than 30 seconds to remove and store in the trunk. DIS - much more logical and easier to use than my 08 Caddy. Hatch Back Storage - unlike previous Vetts lots of space, even with the Targa top in place.

Suggested Improvements

The peddles are too small. I also found it hard to find a seat position that allowed me to fully disengage the clutch without the break peddle being too close. The seat back needs to be reinforced on the edge facing the door to prevent abrasion when entering the vehicle.

1st Corvette (my dream car)
By wh

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've driven several corvettes in my quest to buy one. I am very pleased with the car.

Favorite Features

it's a corvette

Suggested Improvements

stop making so many automatic vettes!

My Dream Car
By M. Biagini

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Got this as a Christmas gift Dec. 07. We are a Corvette family, with my mom owning a 82' and also a 2005. After driving both of those I was ecstatic to get in my 08 for the first drive. This thing handles like nobody's business, so smooth and responsive. I love all the little gadget-y stuff (like the OnStar, GPS, heated seats are fab. in the cold NY winters). The push button start took some getting used to, I prefer to turn a key myself. Also, getting in and out was a comedy of errors until I figured out how it's supposed to be done. My only real complaint was an extremely squeaky roof. Every time I hit a bump, squeak, squeak. Dealer fixed it no problem. This car is amazingly sharp!

Favorite Features

*heated seats *OnStar *nice sound system *FAST *can change the color scheme on the display to suit your taste (sorry..but I'm a girl you know!)

Suggested Improvements

*Let's get back to using an actual KEY. I know car manufacturers like to update everything, but one of the great pleasures of a vette' is turning that key and feeling that engine start up. My battery died once and we needed a freakin' engineer to figure out how to get into the car to pop the hood.

08 Coupe
By Pleased

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased new in March of 09. 0% financing and steep discount was enough to convince. The car looks fantastic in Velocity Yellow. Turns heads around town. Averaging over 21+ MPG.

Favorite Features

Paddle shifter automatic, LS3 power, performance, handling, exterior.

Suggested Improvements

More supportive seats, upgraded stereo

08 Vette Coupe
By 08 Z-51 Coupe

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

AI bought an 08 with 5000 miles on it. It has Z-51, dual mode and 6 speed manual. Performance is outstanding, dual mode is fun. Z-51 suspension is on the stiff side. It is OK in states with smooth roads, but would be bothersome in northern climates with cracked pavement. Overall a well built car so far.

Favorite Features

Dual mode exhaust is cool. I have dual tops and like the ability to change when I want to. The Bose stereo is decent for a Vette and the 6 speed has nice short throws. I like the XM radio a lot.

Suggested Improvements

Lighten up the spring rates on the Z-51 a bit. My tops have the creaking latch issue which I will have the dealer fix. Not OK on a body that has been in production since 05.