2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
It's all about the performance
By mp on 11/21/08 18:17 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car strictly for the performance. It is not a daily driver for me. This is my first Vette. I test drove TT,335I, IS350, G35. The power of this car with NPP,Z51 and 6 speed manual is a rush. Nothing compares in this price range. I do think the seats could be more comfortable and I will replace the run flats with Pilot Sports when worn out. The targa top "pops" over large bumps. I've been told that is a common issue but easy to fix. When driving aggressively I sometimes have troulbe finding 3rd gear. Bought the Mild to Wild dual mode exhaust controller and run it open all the time. The sound is awesome. Overall very happy with it and can't wait to get back in it.

They finally got it right.
By Ron on 10/26/08 11:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased a 2005 auto Vette 11/05 and had nothing but trouble with it, mostly electronics. I took a chance and purchased a 2008 12/15/07 with six speed and very little in options. What a car. The ride is better, my wife hated the ride in the 2005, and it is a joy to drive. The color is Crystal Red and is an attraction where ever we ago. Gas mileage is around 25 mpg. The six speed has enhanced the overall enjoyment even when in traffic, which is common in the DFW area freeways. My next Vette will be the ZR1- I hope.

Pure Adrenaline Rush!
By Mark C on 09/10/08 20:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

No doubt this is an awesome car to drive and own. You will get a lot of attention as you drive up and down the roads in this fine tuned machine. I have the crystal red with a 6 speed manual.

08 Vette
By dirk Miller on 08/12/08 00:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Driving either on the track or milk runs to Safeway is really enjoyable. Magnetic shocks energized for comfort or tighter sport ride is the way to go for me. No wonder the ZR1 is using similiar technology. Gas mileage has a wide range; from 13 in town to truly over 3l mpg on the freeways.

2008 Red Vette
By M13 on 07/27/08 15:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Excellent car providing power on demand, great fuel mileage, and fun to drive. Zero problems so far. Mostly in town driving with an average of 20.7 MPG in stop and go traffic..not bad! Appears to be getting about 27-28 MPG on the open road at a steady 55MPH. This is the best of 4 Vettes I've owned over the years and hopefully it won't be my last.

Best American Car I've Ever Owned
By Whaler21 on 07/09/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm not one for american cars. Honda and Toyota are the quality I expect. So spending 45K on this car was a huge gamble for me. If Toyota or Honda made a real supercar then there would be no Vette in my garage. But I have to say, without a doubt this is one of the best cars in America today. Built with quality and not one problem so far. Very happy with the performance, 26+MPG on the highway and the fit and finish that will match anything from Japan. The 08 is much more than the 07 model. Hold out for a 08, you will be glad you did. Excellent ride and performance for the money. Much nicer dash layout than any other year Vette. I'm just so happy the fit and finish is as nice as it is. Also, Chevy is finally after all these years making the dash layout worth looking at. Seeing the same dash components in the Vette as the Chevette is one reason I waited so long to get one. Much better dash/interior than the previous years. Go and get one.

Oh Yeah!
By DC Vette Lover on 07/06/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 5th Vette. The 08 LS3 is so smooth. The interior upgrades were overdue and really enhance the overall quality of the car. The 6 speed auto works well for high traffic cities while the paddles allow for manual pleasures when desired. When comparing my Vette to my brother's Cobra Mustang, I really appreciate the refined cockpit and nicely placed shifter, interior controls, and the overall feel and control of a 400+hp monster. If you can afford one you would be crazy not to buy one.

Wow!
By C.I. Crouch on 06/23/08 14:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Originally, I was going to get the wife a new Cadillac, and make my first Vette a used one. We both decided we weren't ready for the a Caddy, so we got a new Vette. The only comment I can make that says it all is that it is everything I dreamed it would be and more. We got the Z51 package, which is a little bit stiffer suspension. I was worried it might be a little rough riding, but it isn't. It's smooth as glass. I reccomend the Z51. The one option I didn't get and wish I had is the dual mode exhaust. Even without it, it still has a pretty good sound to it. If you take it easy on the highway, you can get pretty close to 30mpg, which is amazing for 430 HP. It's a rocket on wheels.

'08 3lt, auto
By rocitman on 05/25/08 17:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Wow! This care is awesome to say the least. Pound for pound the best American performance sports car ever built. The look, power, handling, daily driveablity, interior features and pricing says it all. I finally have my dream car and there are only a few carnal pleasures that trump driving this machine. The dual mode exhaust is so cool, sounds like afterburners on a jet and the power is like riding in a rocket. HUD display is unique and a must have. Paddle shift and magnetic select ride features allow the driver to have two cars in one. Interior is luxurious enough for the real sports car enthusiast.

Glad I sprung for the 4LT
By Romes on 05/24/08 14:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

When I ordered the 4LT package I was a bit skeptical, but after seeing the Linen first hand and feeling the difference in comfort and support alone compared to the 3LT or below I'd definitely say it was worth it. The only compliant is actually not even the cars fault, and that is the tire roar at highway speeds with the run flats. I've driven the last 3 generations of Vettes and this is by far the most advanced.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.