Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Most Helpful|
08 Vette Coupe
By 08 Z-51 Coupe

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

AI bought an 08 with 5000 miles on it. It has Z-51, dual mode and 6 speed manual. Performance is outstanding, dual mode is fun. Z-51 suspension is on the stiff side. It is OK in states with smooth roads, but would be bothersome in northern climates with cracked pavement. Overall a well built car so far.

Favorite Features

Dual mode exhaust is cool. I have dual tops and like the ability to change when I want to. The Bose stereo is decent for a Vette and the 6 speed has nice short throws. I like the XM radio a lot.

Suggested Improvements

Lighten up the spring rates on the Z-51 a bit. My tops have the creaking latch issue which I will have the dealer fix. Not OK on a body that has been in production since 05.

Neck Snapping Fast
By 1st Corvette

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have only owned sports cars, and this is the fastest car I have ever owned. Had several Mustangs, Porsches, and now my first Chevrolet. The 6.2 litre is has more horsepower than most will be able to handle. This car could break the tires loose in 4th gear. I almost didn't purchase the car because I thought the interior was kind of cheap looking. But I have adjusted. Car sounds good! Who doesn't like an American V8. Had some issues with heated seats, headlight, and stereo is subpar.

Favorite Features

6.2 litre engine. 6 speed transmission. 19inch stock chrome wheels. Keyless entry, keyless start.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo is a little weak, interior feels cheesy at first.

Great overall car with some flaws
By Chad

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

C6 LS3 Corvettes are arguably the best sports car value for the money. No other manufacturer can give you the performance, reliability, comfort, fuel economy, design and value that Chevrolet provides. I've owned my 'Vette for ~ 1 yr and can't be happier with the experiences thus far. The car has unbelievable amounts of HP and torque. The ride is quite comfortable too; on par with most sports sedans / coupes. The interior is a little sub par when taking into consideration the MSRP when new, but I'd recommend not purchasing new if you want to save some considerable money. The seats are a little flimsy, but for daily driving or simply cruising, the seats are more than adequate.

Favorite Features

Exhaust note, engine power and torque, heads-up-display, exterior styling, value, fuel mileage, cost-to-own. I'm now a Corvette owner for life!

Suggested Improvements

Interior design, interior materials are cheap in some areas (4LT dresses up the cabin quite a bit), padded center console armrest and door armrests should be standard, Navigation GUI is outdated and ugly, conventional spare rather than run flats, some exterior panel fitment is off.

08 Coupe
By Pleased

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased new in March of 09. 0% financing and steep discount was enough to convince. The car looks fantastic in Velocity Yellow. Turns heads around town. Averaging over 21+ MPG.

Favorite Features

Paddle shifter automatic, LS3 power, performance, handling, exterior.

Suggested Improvements

More supportive seats, upgraded stereo

Enjoying my lifetime dream car!
By johncarl

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Lucky guy! I also own a new Camaro and love it. I have always wanted a Corvette since working at a dealership after high school. I checked out a local 2008 that I located on the internet. I had never driven one and didn't know if the power would be too much for me to handle. It wasn't and I bought it too. This car drives perfectly at any speed. And I simply love its beauty and performance. My lifetime car choice had been right all along. I have the Atomic Orange 3LT transparent removable roof. I can't seem to stay out of this car. I receive compliments on both cars each time I drive them. I agree with every positive thing I have read on this forum. Buy one if u can!

Favorite Features

Power, handling, HUD, 3LT package, ride comfort, 6-disc CD changer and Bose speakers, manual transmission, memory and heated seats, garage remotes,trunk space. To sum it up, I cannot think of anything I don't like.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth would be nice.