Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Z06 7.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (15 reviews )

Most Helpful|
My Best Corvette Yet (Number 8)
By K7XB

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This 2008 Corvette ZO6 is the second ZO6 I've owned...and by far the best. Back in 68' I had another 427 Corvette but it sure didn't have the performance of this new one. Looks like GM now knows how to transfer all 505 hp to the road. Good job guys! Super car this ZO6.

Favorite Features

1). Hand made LS7 with 505 hp. 2). Traction 3). New head lights...I can see at night now. 4). Styling. Love the fixed roof and sloping rear window. Big improvement over my 2004 C5 ZO6.

Suggested Improvements

The Nav system isn't as good as it should be for the extra $1750. Stop making so many Commemorative Edition Corvettes!

Best car I've owned in 50 years
By pscarpelli

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 2008 Z06 replaced a 2005 Z51 Corvette. Beside providing world-class performance, in 26,000 miles this car hasn't had a single issue other than changing tires and oil. It's the best car I've ever owned. It has no rattles, no glitches, and at a steady 80 mph, it gets 32 mpg. Highly recommended.

Do I have a lemon
By RICHARD LEE

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have been having constant problems with my new Z06.1. The automatic shift from 1st to 4th light does not comes on and off whether I am actually shifting from 1st to 4th. Sometimes the vehicle will not let me fill a full tank instead it only allows me to fill 1/2 a tank. My traction light comes on and off whenever it wants and it seems the rear end is slipping. When I make wide slow turns the steering wheel gets rock hard and I have to really hold it tight as if I didnt have power steering. When I pull my vehicle up to my drive way I hear the roof of the car crackling as if the roof is shifting. My power seat control went out the first week of owership and they had to replace it.

Favorite Features

I really do like the performance of the engine and how much power it has. I fell in love with the car when I saw the exterior of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

I think for a car this expensive the interior of the vehicle could need some vamping. I thought the seats were all made of leather but I found out part was leather and other vinyl. I thought the carbon fiber dash parts were real but rather it was imitation. Even the floor matts are low quality.

2008 Z06 is a winner!
By C6YelowZ06

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love this car! I have had 4 back fusions and triple neck fusion and this fits like a glove. It is hard to get in and out of at 55 but once in it, I hate to get out. It is truly an amazing automobile, especially for the money. I have yet to have it over 155 but I can't wait. It performed very well on a NASCAR track, I can't tell you which one, obviously, but it was unbelievable going into a corner at 150 and the "G meter" shows only .6! I was too afraid to put it into the wall, plus my tires had 4500 miles on them. With sticky rubber, I think it could have gone into the corner at 175 but I am too old for that. WOW, you have to get one of these before you die!

Favorite Features

575 hp with very little mods-only CAI, tune & muffler change! Headers, cam & heads could push it over 600 easy - this is a must have!

Suggested Improvements

The driveline should be beefier, but i have not had any problems. I just know some who have, but they probably did not read their manual. YOU HAVE to put the car in competitive mod before smoking the tires. By the way, why would you heat up radials anyway? Competition tires I can understand.

What a beast!
By Cokernut

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I finally pulled the trigger when Chevy had the employee pricing. I couldn't be happier with the car. The acceleration is breathtaking. The lines of the car are sharp and a real eye catcher. My only complaint on this beast is the stereo sound system. For $70K put a good sound system in. I purchased the atomic orange Z06 and it accelerates like an atomic bomb and the roar of the exhaust is better than the stereo anyways. I have owned a 1990 Vette and the technology now is just unbelievable especially the Z06. Am I happy with the car, heck yes.

Favorite Features

The engine and the beautiful color. Heads up display is so cool. It's like you are in a fighter jet.

Suggested Improvements

Get a good sounding stereo system. Other than that the boys in Detroit did good!