Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Consumer Reviews

Z06 7.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (15 reviews )

True sports coupe (Z06)
By Z06 owner

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my first Vette ever(Red 2008 Z06). I traded a 07 BMW 335i (I miss it by the way). The Z06 feels very fast and safe. Ggreat handling, great brakes, fat tires, low to the ground, super wide, etc. The looks of this car is just unbelievable. The regular Vette looks so plain and simple compared to the fat fender z06. This car is a real challenge for Ferrari, Porsches, Lamborghinis, you name it. This car screams on the highway, the sound of the engine is spectacular. It makes you want to go to the garage and just start up the car so that you can hear the engine. This car is a perfect sport coupe with a huge trunk (best on its class)

Appeal (very wide, very low, flared fenders). Huge brakes, wide tires. The gearing makes this car reasonable in highway gas mileage, it is very good for a 505hp car. This car is a compliment magnet, it is attractive to all ages, genders, races, you name it.

Stock XM sounds like junk. Center console gets literally hot (very bad insulation). Trunk never closes, you must try several times. Stereo is mediocre, Bose let us down, I have had cheap cars with better stereo. Dusty brake pads. removable top.

Do I have a lemon
By RICHARD LEE

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have been having constant problems with my new Z06.1. The automatic shift from 1st to 4th light does not comes on and off whether I am actually shifting from 1st to 4th. Sometimes the vehicle will not let me fill a full tank instead it only allows me to fill 1/2 a tank. My traction light comes on and off whenever it wants and it seems the rear end is slipping. When I make wide slow turns the steering wheel gets rock hard and I have to really hold it tight as if I didnt have power steering. When I pull my vehicle up to my drive way I hear the roof of the car crackling as if the roof is shifting. My power seat control went out the first week of owership and they had to replace it.

I really do like the performance of the engine and how much power it has. I fell in love with the car when I saw the exterior of the vehicle.

I think for a car this expensive the interior of the vehicle could need some vamping. I thought the seats were all made of leather but I found out part was leather and other vinyl. I thought the carbon fiber dash parts were real but rather it was imitation. Even the floor matts are low quality.

Unbelievable
By JohnR

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have been a Ford man for many years and never liked Corvettes.This is an unbelievable car in performance, handling, braking and fuel economy. In highway driving I can easily get 26 or 27 MPG, this is incredible for a 500 HP car. The seats are very comfortable as is the driving position. The car is hard to get in and out because it is very low to the ground. The suspension is very stiff which does not bother me but could be to much for some owners. This car is scary fast !

The HUD is the best feature as it allows you to keep your eyes on the road. All cars should have this feature.

I would have liked to have a sun roof or partial removable top.

Big Black
By Big Black

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Z06. The first was an '06. I loved it, but decided to return to an '08 convertible. It was a nice car, but I quickly missed my Z06.So, it was back to a Z06. I have never driven a better, more enjoyable car in my life! It's an everyday driver, and I can't wait to start the motor each day. If you can afford it, don't miss the chance to own and drive one. The Z06 will do everything that GM says...and more.

I know that it's in my garage and ready to push the button and go driving. It's truly a marvelous piece of machinery that has great styling and performance.

The standard exhaust is fine, but if you really want to improve your enjoyment add a Corsa exhaust and "X" pipe. It's polite system when you want to listen to the stereo, but it has a throaty tone when you want to match sound to the Z06's performance. GM should make this an option.

A Dream Come Thrue
By A Dream come thrue

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love this car, this is my dream car. Black 2008 Z06 with 3LZ pack, chrome wheels and Navigation system. It is everything I was expecting and more. A well and improved Corvette compared with the previous ones. A car in the mid $70,000 and capable of competing with the high prices cars like Porshe ect. The American auto industry is raising the bar with this car. I was shopping between all the new cars and I am very happy with my decision. The power in this car is unbelievable but at the same time it give you all the technology and accessories the perfect combination. I am using it as a daily driving car and no complaints at all. It making 16/28 MPG not bad for a 505 HP.

The engine and transmission

No ipod conection with the nav sys.