Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Great Car (3LT, NPP, Z51, 6M)
By Frank

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in my 03 BMW M3 for the corvette. Overall I am very happy with the total package. The engine is amazing and the exhaust note (mild to wild installed) is awesome. The interior fit and finish (quality of materials) does not stand up to the M3 but I prefer driving this car. Only problem that I have experienced was a faulty alternator that left me stranded one night but was replaced quickly by the dealer. The pure performance alone is a good reason to get one!

Exterior looks fantastic

Better interior materials

Great Car Little Money
By Great

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Wonderful automobile. Runs terrific, handles well, and wow what an incredible acceleration. Fasters car I have ever owned. Have owned Porsche and many Mustangs. Incredible automobile.

Engine. 6.2 LS3

Interior. 70K should have nicer guts.

BEST VETTE YET
By Dave Torres

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I recently purchased an 08,z51 package and I love it.I've owned 4 vettes one being a 69 with 327 which I loved,but this baby is my favorite.I can complain about anything,it's great that. All American Chevy has taking the vettes to the next level,awesome...

The exhaust, I was shown what it sounds like with and without the fuse, dates have to get used to a non-fuse, it's fantastic.

None

Neck Snapping Fast
By 1st Corvette

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have only owned sports cars, and this is the fastest car I have ever owned. Had several Mustangs, Porsches, and now my first Chevrolet. The 6.2 litre is has more horsepower than most will be able to handle. This car could break the tires loose in 4th gear. I almost didn't purchase the car because I thought the interior was kind of cheap looking. But I have adjusted. Car sounds good! Who doesn't like an American V8. Had some issues with heated seats, headlight, and stereo is subpar.

6.2 litre engine. 6 speed transmission. 19inch stock chrome wheels. Keyless entry, keyless start.

Stereo is a little weak, interior feels cheesy at first.

Absolutely love this car
By Jeffrey

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased an Atomic Orange Z-51 4LT with all the options. This car is absolutely fantastic. Sticks to the road like the tires are glued down. Gas mileage is unbelievable for a car with 436 hp. I use the cruise control a lot to improve the mileage, and often find myself getting in the low 30's, until I get up past 60 mph, when it drops down to 28 to 29 mpg. No other car with this much power, comfort, and performance can compare. I get compliments about my car everywhere, even while sitting at stop lights. Reliability has been absolutely superb (do you hear that Consumer Reports???).

First, the interior quality (4LT). The hand sewn leather dash and door panels are stunning, and as well made as any foreign car costing 3x as much. Heads up display (GM - put this in all your cars), push button start, duel mode exhaust, and more raw HP than can sanely be used.

Nothing on the car. The depreciation value on Corvettes is unrealistic, dropping 20 grand in the first year alone. I paid over 64K for mine new, and with only 7k miles on it now, there's no way I would even think of taking less than 55k for it now. Lets get realistic on values here.