Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

BEST VETTE YET
By Dave Torres

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I recently purchased an 08,z51 package and I love it.I've owned 4 vettes one being a 69 with 327 which I loved,but this baby is my favorite.I can complain about anything,it's great that. All American Chevy has taking the vettes to the next level,awesome...

Favorite Features

The exhaust, I was shown what it sounds like with and without the fuse, dates have to get used to a non-fuse, it's fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

None

Neck Snapping Fast
By 1st Corvette

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have only owned sports cars, and this is the fastest car I have ever owned. Had several Mustangs, Porsches, and now my first Chevrolet. The 6.2 litre is has more horsepower than most will be able to handle. This car could break the tires loose in 4th gear. I almost didn't purchase the car because I thought the interior was kind of cheap looking. But I have adjusted. Car sounds good! Who doesn't like an American V8. Had some issues with heated seats, headlight, and stereo is subpar.

Favorite Features

6.2 litre engine. 6 speed transmission. 19inch stock chrome wheels. Keyless entry, keyless start.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo is a little weak, interior feels cheesy at first.

Absolutely love this car
By Jeffrey

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased an Atomic Orange Z-51 4LT with all the options. This car is absolutely fantastic. Sticks to the road like the tires are glued down. Gas mileage is unbelievable for a car with 436 hp. I use the cruise control a lot to improve the mileage, and often find myself getting in the low 30's, until I get up past 60 mph, when it drops down to 28 to 29 mpg. No other car with this much power, comfort, and performance can compare. I get compliments about my car everywhere, even while sitting at stop lights. Reliability has been absolutely superb (do you hear that Consumer Reports???).

Favorite Features

First, the interior quality (4LT). The hand sewn leather dash and door panels are stunning, and as well made as any foreign car costing 3x as much. Heads up display (GM - put this in all your cars), push button start, duel mode exhaust, and more raw HP than can sanely be used.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing on the car. The depreciation value on Corvettes is unrealistic, dropping 20 grand in the first year alone. I paid over 64K for mine new, and with only 7k miles on it now, there's no way I would even think of taking less than 55k for it now. Lets get realistic on values here.

Wow
By Ted

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I now have this car almost 2 years with only 1 minor issue. The trunk release from outside the car(by the rear plate)don't work. Besides that no other issues. This car is awesome, with incredible power. It's also very comfortable even on long trips. I'm always looking for an excuse to drive because of the fun of this machine.

Favorite Features

Power, Nav, memory seats, heated seats,the looks.

Suggested Improvements

make the doors/armrest with leather instead of plastic.

Amazing power and handling
By fl_vetteguy

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

talk about fun! 6 spd and 430hp with 10 inch wide rear wheels and a rocking stereo to boot! there is nothing like sitting in the cockpit, looking out over that long hood and curvy wheelwells while running from 3rd to 6th gear merging on the interstate! a truely genuine classic.

Favorite Features

6spd, body design, stereo, engine, wheels and belonging to a corvette club!

Suggested Improvements

the only thing i can say to do is jazz up the doors and dash, everything else i love...