Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Wow!
By C.I. Crouch

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Originally, I was going to get the wife a new Cadillac, and make my first Vette a used one. We both decided we weren't ready for the a Caddy, so we got a new Vette. The only comment I can make that says it all is that it is everything I dreamed it would be and more. We got the Z51 package, which is a little bit stiffer suspension. I was worried it might be a little rough riding, but it isn't. It's smooth as glass. I reccomend the Z51. The one option I didn't get and wish I had is the dual mode exhaust. Even without it, it still has a pretty good sound to it. If you take it easy on the highway, you can get pretty close to 30mpg, which is amazing for 430 HP. It's a rocket on wheels.

Favorite Features

The seats wrap around you for a really good feel. The Z51 package is awesome. The transmisson in the rear really equalizes the weight. Engine compartment is almost totally sealed which makes it easy to keep the engine clean.

Unbelievable
By JohnR

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have been a Ford man for many years and never liked Corvettes.This is an unbelievable car in performance, handling, braking and fuel economy. In highway driving I can easily get 26 or 27 MPG, this is incredible for a 500 HP car. The seats are very comfortable as is the driving position. The car is hard to get in and out because it is very low to the ground. The suspension is very stiff which does not bother me but could be to much for some owners. This car is scary fast !

Favorite Features

The HUD is the best feature as it allows you to keep your eyes on the road. All cars should have this feature.

Suggested Improvements

I would have liked to have a sun roof or partial removable top.

Just can't stop smiling
By Still Smiling

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've been a fan of the Corvette as long as I remember, but this is my first one. Comparing it to anything else I've ever driven... well, I just can't. It outperforms them all in just about every way. Obviously, it is a sportscar and no one can deny it's performance (even not considering it's price). I shopped several european vehicles and looked at a couple of Asian models. The only thing close of US manufacturer's are the Viper (not civil enough for me) and the Cadillac, which is a heavier underpowered Corvette. Nothing compared. Acceleration is incredible, handling sublime, but what I'm most impressed with is the comfort. I'm 6'3" and feel comfortable enough to enjoy a 10 hr trip

Favorite Features

NPP exhaust, 436 HP, HUD, 6 sp manual (must have for me in a sportscar), surprising comfort of ride (Magnetic Select Ride included), wow factor from myself and everyone else who sees it. Fuel economy is great for the type of car (averaging 25 mpg).

Suggested Improvements

Nav system needs upgrade. It's nearly impossible to see in sunlight, and my cell phone is easier to use and more accurate. Oh yeah, and maybe add a "stealth" mode. 20 years of driving, and after 2 weeks of ownership I got my first speeding ticket. Need to factor that into "True Cost to own".

Big Black
By Big Black

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Z06. The first was an '06. I loved it, but decided to return to an '08 convertible. It was a nice car, but I quickly missed my Z06.So, it was back to a Z06. I have never driven a better, more enjoyable car in my life! It's an everyday driver, and I can't wait to start the motor each day. If you can afford it, don't miss the chance to own and drive one. The Z06 will do everything that GM says...and more.

Favorite Features

I know that it's in my garage and ready to push the button and go driving. It's truly a marvelous piece of machinery that has great styling and performance.

Suggested Improvements

The standard exhaust is fine, but if you really want to improve your enjoyment add a Corsa exhaust and "X" pipe. It's polite system when you want to listen to the stereo, but it has a throaty tone when you want to match sound to the Z06's performance. GM should make this an option.

Best dollars spent
By Bigwoody

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 427 Limited Edition Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Smooth engine, watertight, amazing handling. Powerful, cheap compared to Europen competition. Reliable, no problems

Favorite Features

Power, sound system

Suggested Improvements

Install Corsa exaust, awesome sound