2008 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: $50k piece of junk

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

$50k piece of junk
By Dissapointed on

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Considering all the good reviews I must have gotten the car built on a Friday before a holiday. This is the worst car I have ever owned. Worst paint job I have ever seen. Silver body doesn’t match the gray front. Visible drips in the paint. Car was purchased new but I took it to a body shop to see if it was ever hit and repainted. Seams don't line up, door doesn't close flush. Worst stereo I have ever heard. Cheap interior. Center console was put on incorrectly. Window indexing mechanism was defective. Brakes continued to squeak even after service addressed issue. Loud and embarrassing buzzing/humming sound coming from the dash when car goes over 70mph. Too many other problems to list.

The exterior of this car is a work of art (from a distance). Great gas mileage. OnStar is a nice feature.

How this car made it through the quality control part of production line is beyond me. Hire people that actually care about the quality of their work.