2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Consumer Reviews

Z06 7.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (15 reviews )
Best car I've owned in 50 years
By pscarpelli on 02/23/13 13:37 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 2008 Z06 replaced a 2005 Z51 Corvette. Beside providing world-class performance, in 26,000 miles this car hasn't had a single issue other than changing tires and oil. It's the best car I've ever owned. It has no rattles, no glitches, and at a steady 80 mph, it gets 32 mpg. Highly recommended.

2008 Z06 is a winner!
By C6YelowZ06 on 05/07/10 11:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love this car! I have had 4 back fusions and triple neck fusion and this fits like a glove. It is hard to get in and out of at 55 but once in it, I hate to get out. It is truly an amazing automobile, especially for the money. I have yet to have it over 155 but I can't wait. It performed very well on a NASCAR track, I can't tell you which one, obviously, but it was unbelievable going into a corner at 150 and the "G meter" shows only .6! I was too afraid to put it into the wall, plus my tires had 4500 miles on them. With sticky rubber, I think it could have gone into the corner at 175 but I am too old for that. WOW, you have to get one of these before you die!

My Best Corvette Yet (Number 8)
By K7XB on 10/22/09 08:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This 2008 Corvette ZO6 is the second ZO6 I've owned...and by far the best. Back in 68' I had another 427 Corvette but it sure didn't have the performance of this new one. Looks like GM now knows how to transfer all 505 hp to the road. Good job guys! Super car this ZO6.

What a beast!
By Cokernut on 12/01/08 13:55 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I finally pulled the trigger when Chevy had the employee pricing. I couldn't be happier with the car. The acceleration is breathtaking. The lines of the car are sharp and a real eye catcher. My only complaint on this beast is the stereo sound system. For $70K put a good sound system in. I purchased the atomic orange Z06 and it accelerates like an atomic bomb and the roar of the exhaust is better than the stereo anyways. I have owned a 1990 Vette and the technology now is just unbelievable especially the Z06. Am I happy with the car, heck yes.

Simply awesome
By dsinned on 08/20/08 15:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

427 cubes of modern day small block, push rod V8 engine technology is a wonderful thing! I never thought it would happen in an age of hybrids and ever greener emission standards. The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is the best of all worlds. Big time muscle car performance, yet still docile and comfortable enough for every day commuting. It don't get much better than this! Corvette still rules as America's #1 favorite sports car. Thank you Chevrolet!

True sports coupe (Z06)
By Z06 owner on 07/07/08 17:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my first Vette ever(Red 2008 Z06). I traded a 07 BMW 335i (I miss it by the way). The Z06 feels very fast and safe. Ggreat handling, great brakes, fat tires, low to the ground, super wide, etc. The looks of this car is just unbelievable. The regular Vette looks so plain and simple compared to the fat fender z06. This car is a real challenge for Ferrari, Porsches, Lamborghinis, you name it. This car screams on the highway, the sound of the engine is spectacular. It makes you want to go to the garage and just start up the car so that you can hear the engine. This car is a perfect sport coupe with a huge trunk (best on its class)

Do I have a lemon
By RICHARD LEE on 07/02/08 22:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have been having constant problems with my new Z06.1. The automatic shift from 1st to 4th light does not comes on and off whether I am actually shifting from 1st to 4th. Sometimes the vehicle will not let me fill a full tank instead it only allows me to fill 1/2 a tank. My traction light comes on and off whenever it wants and it seems the rear end is slipping. When I make wide slow turns the steering wheel gets rock hard and I have to really hold it tight as if I didnt have power steering. When I pull my vehicle up to my drive way I hear the roof of the car crackling as if the roof is shifting. My power seat control went out the first week of owership and they had to replace it.

Unbelievable
By JohnR on 06/22/08 08:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have been a Ford man for many years and never liked Corvettes.This is an unbelievable car in performance, handling, braking and fuel economy. In highway driving I can easily get 26 or 27 MPG, this is incredible for a 500 HP car. The seats are very comfortable as is the driving position. The car is hard to get in and out because it is very low to the ground. The suspension is very stiff which does not bother me but could be to much for some owners. This car is scary fast !

Big Black
By Big Black on 06/13/08 06:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Z06. The first was an '06. I loved it, but decided to return to an '08 convertible. It was a nice car, but I quickly missed my Z06.So, it was back to a Z06. I have never driven a better, more enjoyable car in my life! It's an everyday driver, and I can't wait to start the motor each day. If you can afford it, don't miss the chance to own and drive one. The Z06 will do everything that GM says...and more.

A Dream Come Thrue
By A Dream come thrue on 04/02/08 21:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love this car, this is my dream car. Black 2008 Z06 with 3LZ pack, chrome wheels and Navigation system. It is everything I was expecting and more. A well and improved Corvette compared with the previous ones. A car in the mid $70,000 and capable of competing with the high prices cars like Porshe ect. The American auto industry is raising the bar with this car. I was shopping between all the new cars and I am very happy with my decision. The power in this car is unbelievable but at the same time it give you all the technology and accessories the perfect combination. I am using it as a daily driving car and no complaints at all. It making 16/28 MPG not bad for a 505 HP.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.