Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Enjoying my lifetime dream car!
By johncarl

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Lucky guy! I also own a new Camaro and love it. I have always wanted a Corvette since working at a dealership after high school. I checked out a local 2008 that I located on the internet. I had never driven one and didn't know if the power would be too much for me to handle. It wasn't and I bought it too. This car drives perfectly at any speed. And I simply love its beauty and performance. My lifetime car choice had been right all along. I have the Atomic Orange 3LT transparent removable roof. I can't seem to stay out of this car. I receive compliments on both cars each time I drive them. I agree with every positive thing I have read on this forum. Buy one if u can!

Power, handling, HUD, 3LT package, ride comfort, 6-disc CD changer and Bose speakers, manual transmission, memory and heated seats, garage remotes,trunk space. To sum it up, I cannot think of anything I don't like.

Bluetooth would be nice.

Vette Owner w/Real Objective Review
By VetteOwner

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned my '08 vette for 26 months and enjoy it. The car is great overall, is fun to drive, but is far from perfect. Here are the issues I've dealt with and you'll see why I gave the reliability a 3 ranking. After 1 week the glove box latch fell apart. In less than a year the rear end started clunking around corners, replaced the fluid. At year 1 the clutch pedal started squeaking every time it was released, replaced the position sensor. At year 1.5 a cam position sensor failed. After 2 years the water pump failed. Worst of all is that the first set of tires only lasted 16,000 miles with easy driving. Be prepared for lots of driving fun and numerous trips to the dealer for repairs.

Exterior styling, engine horsepower, manual transmission, overall performance, great seats, and the hatchback storage capacity. After 26 months my car still smells new inside. Even with the poor reliability, I love the car.

Car should be much more reliable than it is. Be prepared for trips to the dealer for repairs every 6 months or so.

Great overall car with some flaws
By Chad

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

C6 LS3 Corvettes are arguably the best sports car value for the money. No other manufacturer can give you the performance, reliability, comfort, fuel economy, design and value that Chevrolet provides. I've owned my 'Vette for ~ 1 yr and can't be happier with the experiences thus far. The car has unbelievable amounts of HP and torque. The ride is quite comfortable too; on par with most sports sedans / coupes. The interior is a little sub par when taking into consideration the MSRP when new, but I'd recommend not purchasing new if you want to save some considerable money. The seats are a little flimsy, but for daily driving or simply cruising, the seats are more than adequate.

Exhaust note, engine power and torque, heads-up-display, exterior styling, value, fuel mileage, cost-to-own. I'm now a Corvette owner for life!

Interior design, interior materials are cheap in some areas (4LT dresses up the cabin quite a bit), padded center console armrest and door armrests should be standard, Navigation GUI is outdated and ugly, conventional spare rather than run flats, some exterior panel fitment is off.

Great Car (3LT, NPP, Z51, 6M)
By Frank

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in my 03 BMW M3 for the corvette. Overall I am very happy with the total package. The engine is amazing and the exhaust note (mild to wild installed) is awesome. The interior fit and finish (quality of materials) does not stand up to the M3 but I prefer driving this car. Only problem that I have experienced was a faulty alternator that left me stranded one night but was replaced quickly by the dealer. The pure performance alone is a good reason to get one!

Exterior looks fantastic

Better interior materials

Great Car Little Money
By Great

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Wonderful automobile. Runs terrific, handles well, and wow what an incredible acceleration. Fasters car I have ever owned. Have owned Porsche and many Mustangs. Incredible automobile.

Engine. 6.2 LS3

Interior. 70K should have nicer guts.