2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Enjoying my lifetime dream car!
By johncarl on 02/21/11 06:20 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Lucky guy! I also own a new Camaro and love it. I have always wanted a Corvette since working at a dealership after high school. I checked out a local 2008 that I located on the internet. I had never driven one and didn't know if the power would be too much for me to handle. It wasn't and I bought it too. This car drives perfectly at any speed. And I simply love its beauty and performance. My lifetime car choice had been right all along. I have the Atomic Orange 3LT transparent removable roof. I can't seem to stay out of this car. I receive compliments on both cars each time I drive them. I agree with every positive thing I have read on this forum. Buy one if u can!

Vette Owner w/Real Objective Review
By VetteOwner on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned my '08 vette for 26 months and enjoy it. The car is great overall, is fun to drive, but is far from perfect. Here are the issues I've dealt with and you'll see why I gave the reliability a 3 ranking. After 1 week the glove box latch fell apart. In less than a year the rear end started clunking around corners, replaced the fluid. At year 1 the clutch pedal started squeaking every time it was released, replaced the position sensor. At year 1.5 a cam position sensor failed. After 2 years the water pump failed. Worst of all is that the first set of tires only lasted 16,000 miles with easy driving. Be prepared for lots of driving fun and numerous trips to the dealer for repairs.

Great overall car with some flaws
By Chad on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

C6 LS3 Corvettes are arguably the best sports car value for the money. No other manufacturer can give you the performance, reliability, comfort, fuel economy, design and value that Chevrolet provides. I've owned my 'Vette for ~ 1 yr and can't be happier with the experiences thus far. The car has unbelievable amounts of HP and torque. The ride is quite comfortable too; on par with most sports sedans / coupes. The interior is a little sub par when taking into consideration the MSRP when new, but I'd recommend not purchasing new if you want to save some considerable money. The seats are a little flimsy, but for daily driving or simply cruising, the seats are more than adequate.

Great Car (3LT, NPP, Z51, 6M)
By Frank on 02/13/10 13:03 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in my 03 BMW M3 for the corvette. Overall I am very happy with the total package. The engine is amazing and the exhaust note (mild to wild installed) is awesome. The interior fit and finish (quality of materials) does not stand up to the M3 but I prefer driving this car. Only problem that I have experienced was a faulty alternator that left me stranded one night but was replaced quickly by the dealer. The pure performance alone is a good reason to get one!

Great Car Little Money
By Great on 01/17/10 16:24 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Wonderful automobile. Runs terrific, handles well, and wow what an incredible acceleration. Fasters car I have ever owned. Have owned Porsche and many Mustangs. Incredible automobile.

BEST VETTE YET
By Dave Torres on 01/07/10 06:17 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I recently purchased an 08,z51 package and I love it.I've owned 4 vettes one being a 69 with 327 which I loved,but this baby is my favorite.I can complain about anything,it's great that. All American Chevy has taking the vettes to the next level,awesome...

Neck Snapping Fast
By 1st Corvette on 12/11/09 12:39 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have only owned sports cars, and this is the fastest car I have ever owned. Had several Mustangs, Porsches, and now my first Chevrolet. The 6.2 litre is has more horsepower than most will be able to handle. This car could break the tires loose in 4th gear. I almost didn't purchase the car because I thought the interior was kind of cheap looking. But I have adjusted. Car sounds good! Who doesn't like an American V8. Had some issues with heated seats, headlight, and stereo is subpar.

Absolutely love this car
By Jeffrey on 11/07/09 21:54 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased an Atomic Orange Z-51 4LT with all the options. This car is absolutely fantastic. Sticks to the road like the tires are glued down. Gas mileage is unbelievable for a car with 436 hp. I use the cruise control a lot to improve the mileage, and often find myself getting in the low 30's, until I get up past 60 mph, when it drops down to 28 to 29 mpg. No other car with this much power, comfort, and performance can compare. I get compliments about my car everywhere, even while sitting at stop lights. Reliability has been absolutely superb (do you hear that Consumer Reports???).

Wow
By Ted on 09/27/09 08:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I now have this car almost 2 years with only 1 minor issue. The trunk release from outside the car(by the rear plate)don't work. Besides that no other issues. This car is awesome, with incredible power. It's also very comfortable even on long trips. I'm always looking for an excuse to drive because of the fun of this machine.

Amazing power and handling
By fl_vetteguy on 07/14/09 18:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

talk about fun! 6 spd and 430hp with 10 inch wide rear wheels and a rocking stereo to boot! there is nothing like sitting in the cockpit, looking out over that long hood and curvy wheelwells while running from 3rd to 6th gear merging on the interstate! a truely genuine classic.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.