Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Always an eye-catcher
By Dominick Lacovara

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

My wife and I have absolutely loved this car from the day we purchased it. The comfort, performance and reliability can't be beat, especially for the price. You could pay twice as much and still not get a car of this quality. We drove it on a 9,000 mile road trip around the United States in the fall of 2008 and averaged 27 mpg. The navigation was a huge aid. Don't believe the car magazine criticisms of the seats, but ask any C6 owner or try them yourself to realize how comfortable and supportive they are. The 430 horsepower is all you could desire and more. The Corsa Sport exhaust I installed added 12 additional horses and 13 lbs of torque and an aggressive throaty sound on acceleration and quiet cruising. While I aspire to eventually purchase a C7, I will have difficulty parting with this C6, the lines of which I actually prefer.

Well Pleased
By Rob Joyner

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2008 Base model, 3LT, Z51, NPP 3 years ago with 29,000mi. on the clock. I have been very pleased with it. I have done only oil changes; everything has been completely reliable. The car is easy to learn, very driver friendly. My partner (girlfriend) enjoys it very much (definitely a plus). I have put 14,000mi. on it since getting it and have absolutely no complaints. Some have commented that the interior is a little drab but I am very satisfied with it. The engine is "leggy" with good torque and hp throughout a broad rpm range, I don't have to be constantly changing gears although I like the engine sound with the NPP defeated so I find myself shifting almost unnecessarily just hear the exhaust note. I have the NPP bypass remote (came with the car) and that enhances the driving a great deal as I can hear the exhaust when I want and I can return it to normal mode when I want less sound so I can listen to music (I really like this feature). The roof panel is fairly easy to remove/replace with no particular awkwardness although care must be used when doing so, and it stows in the trunk area in the retaining brackets, only it does take up a lot of the available trunk area, but if I'm traveling with luggage I'm not going to be doing it with the roof panel off as I would likely get tired of that after couple hours. I scored the performance high but I'm sure I haven't tested the limits of the car (I'm a senior citizen, and I think it's a good idea for me to not push the car beyond my limits with the possible consequences of breakage, collision and higher insurance premiums; the car does everything I want it to. The leather on the seats is good quality and the fit/finish of the car overall is very good. I drive it year round here in the mountains of western NC, USA, and I have a set of summer tires on aftermarket wheels and change over to the all-season tires on the factory wheels when winter comes. This is an extra expense but I really don't like the idea of the car sitting in the garage thru the winter and my not being able to enjoy it, but to each his own. I chose to go this route with the tires since these cars come with summer tires and it's not recommended they be used below 50 degrees F, and since the all-season tires are twice the price of summer tires I think I'm saving money in the long run, and again, I get to enjoy the car year-round. A lot of people (who are true car people) do look at the car with interest/admiration and I have to admit that's a pretty cool feeling, although that's not the reason I bought it. I bought it to drive and enjoy the technology/performance/style, and it's a car I could afford where I could get that. Overall, the fuel economy is good, surprising that 430hp could still result in such figures (average 23mpg). If I had $110k to spend, I'd probably get a 2016 ZO6. I toured the Bowling Green Assy. plant a couple years ago and was impressed with the dedication that goes into these cars.

Enjoying my lifetime dream car!
By johncarl

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Lucky guy! I also own a new Camaro and love it. I have always wanted a Corvette since working at a dealership after high school. I checked out a local 2008 that I located on the internet. I had never driven one and didn't know if the power would be too much for me to handle. It wasn't and I bought it too. This car drives perfectly at any speed. And I simply love its beauty and performance. My lifetime car choice had been right all along. I have the Atomic Orange 3LT transparent removable roof. I can't seem to stay out of this car. I receive compliments on both cars each time I drive them. I agree with every positive thing I have read on this forum. Buy one if u can!

Power, handling, HUD, 3LT package, ride comfort, 6-disc CD changer and Bose speakers, manual transmission, memory and heated seats, garage remotes,trunk space. To sum it up, I cannot think of anything I don't like.

Bluetooth would be nice.

Vette Owner w/Real Objective Review
By VetteOwner

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned my '08 vette for 26 months and enjoy it. The car is great overall, is fun to drive, but is far from perfect. Here are the issues I've dealt with and you'll see why I gave the reliability a 3 ranking. After 1 week the glove box latch fell apart. In less than a year the rear end started clunking around corners, replaced the fluid. At year 1 the clutch pedal started squeaking every time it was released, replaced the position sensor. At year 1.5 a cam position sensor failed. After 2 years the water pump failed. Worst of all is that the first set of tires only lasted 16,000 miles with easy driving. Be prepared for lots of driving fun and numerous trips to the dealer for repairs.

Exterior styling, engine horsepower, manual transmission, overall performance, great seats, and the hatchback storage capacity. After 26 months my car still smells new inside. Even with the poor reliability, I love the car.

Car should be much more reliable than it is. Be prepared for trips to the dealer for repairs every 6 months or so.

Great overall car with some flaws
By Chad

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

C6 LS3 Corvettes are arguably the best sports car value for the money. No other manufacturer can give you the performance, reliability, comfort, fuel economy, design and value that Chevrolet provides. I've owned my 'Vette for ~ 1 yr and can't be happier with the experiences thus far. The car has unbelievable amounts of HP and torque. The ride is quite comfortable too; on par with most sports sedans / coupes. The interior is a little sub par when taking into consideration the MSRP when new, but I'd recommend not purchasing new if you want to save some considerable money. The seats are a little flimsy, but for daily driving or simply cruising, the seats are more than adequate.

Exhaust note, engine power and torque, heads-up-display, exterior styling, value, fuel mileage, cost-to-own. I'm now a Corvette owner for life!

Interior design, interior materials are cheap in some areas (4LT dresses up the cabin quite a bit), padded center console armrest and door armrests should be standard, Navigation GUI is outdated and ugly, conventional spare rather than run flats, some exterior panel fitment is off.

• SUV