Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Most Helpful|
WOW
By FLADAVE

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Well I feel like a little kid because after having many different cars over the years I finally found my favorite new toy. Quite simply put, this car is the American Dream in all its glory. Go drive one and you will understand....

Favorite Features

Heads up display. Raw power. this car is tight and well built.

Suggested Improvements

Gun safe.....

Boyhood dream
By Jack

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've salivated over Vettes ever since the 1958 model came out, and still think the 58 - 61 models are the most beautiful cars ever made. Wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, so my first vehicles weren't much to talk about, then along came wife and children. Children all grown now with their own children, so I love my machine silver 2008 LT3 convertible with titanium interior and gray top. My wife never liked Vettes, but now she's a fan too! Nearing 16,000 miles and only one small issue - the cheap plastic glove box latch broke and was replaced under warranty. NPP option is nice. I added a "mild to wild" module (easy to do) so I can run in either mode at touch of a button.

Favorite Features

From pussycat to wildcat with a mere flex of the right foot. Can actually tour in this car without feeling beat up at end of trip. Magnetic ride control. Averaged 28.6 MPG on 1500 mile trip, 70 -80 MPH. Saw 35 mpg on a 50 mile leg at 55 MPH. Awesome acceleration! Service - Chevy dealers everywhere

Suggested Improvements

More supportive seats. Handling on a par with it's European competition - you can do this, Chevy! Spice up the bland interior and use soft touch materials, especially on the center console. Fix the unacceptably slow down-shifts of the paddle shift and add "throttle blip". Better, quieter run-flats.

2008 Corvette Convertible
By cleo299

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Amazing car - impressive acceleration and handling when driven hard. Smooth and quiet when driven soft. Surprisingly good fuel economy - 23-25 mpg. Good trunk space - even with the top down. Low cost insurance. Zero problems after 24K miles.

Favorite Features

Must haves - power top, head up display

Suggested Improvements

None

Go buy one today!
By Matt

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've been looking to buy a new Corvette for about 3 months. With GM reporting a sales decrease of 45% for October, I knew now was the time to pull the trigger. I bought the machine silver 2008 convertible with titanium interior and a black top. It looks great in the garage and I smile everytime I open the garage door. Absolutely no buyer's remorse. The only reason I gave the interior design a 9 is because I can't plug my MP3 into the stereo... what's that all about? The NPP dual mode exhaust is cool as hell and the magnetic selective ride rocks. If you're thinking at all about buying one of these, don't wait any longer. Now's the time do get a great deal on a great American sports car.

Favorite Features

It's a convertible. The top goes down and with the heated seats life couldn't be better. The dual mode exhaust sounds sweet when you start it up. The waves, honks, and thumbs up I get when I'm driving around town.

Suggested Improvements

A stereo plug in for an MP3 player.

I'll get another one already
By Rick

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have an 08 convertible with the 3LT option and my wife has the 08 coupe with the Z51 option and the dual mode exhaust. I did not get the exhaust option on mine or the Z51 option and quickly wanted to drive her car instead. Now I've added a GM performance exhaust system to mine and wooooo!!!! However, I am now already looking at jumping on an 09 model as they now offer the cyber grey color. I hope to get a dealer to put me into that car, otherwise my wife and I can still enjoy our two 08 models. Now I will shop for an 09 with the dual mode exhaust and Z51 options exclusively.

Favorite Features

both are fun to drive for their own reasons. Get one of both!

Suggested Improvements

USB connection and on the DVD nav system, design a media file system that does not take a special media format. Just try to play a regular MP3 CD created at home in the DVD nav system....It seems to have a very finicky format requirement to make your own MP3 CD.