2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Boyhood dream
By Jack on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've salivated over Vettes ever since the 1958 model came out, and still think the 58 - 61 models are the most beautiful cars ever made. Wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, so my first vehicles weren't much to talk about, then along came wife and children. Children all grown now with their own children, so I love my machine silver 2008 LT3 convertible with titanium interior and gray top. My wife never liked Vettes, but now she's a fan too! Nearing 16,000 miles and only one small issue - the cheap plastic glove box latch broke and was replaced under warranty. NPP option is nice. I added a "mild to wild" module (easy to do) so I can run in either mode at touch of a button.

2008 Corvette Convertible
By cleo299 on 03/23/10 18:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Amazing car - impressive acceleration and handling when driven hard. Smooth and quiet when driven soft. Surprisingly good fuel economy - 23-25 mpg. Good trunk space - even with the top down. Low cost insurance. Zero problems after 24K miles.

WOW
By FLADAVE on 02/22/10 10:13 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Well I feel like a little kid because after having many different cars over the years I finally found my favorite new toy. Quite simply put, this car is the American Dream in all its glory. Go drive one and you will understand....

I'll get another one already
By Rick on 09/08/09 17:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have an 08 convertible with the 3LT option and my wife has the 08 coupe with the Z51 option and the dual mode exhaust. I did not get the exhaust option on mine or the Z51 option and quickly wanted to drive her car instead. Now I've added a GM performance exhaust system to mine and wooooo!!!! However, I am now already looking at jumping on an 09 model as they now offer the cyber grey color. I hope to get a dealer to put me into that car, otherwise my wife and I can still enjoy our two 08 models. Now I will shop for an 09 with the dual mode exhaust and Z51 options exclusively.

Go buy one today!
By Matt on 11/11/08 09:33 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've been looking to buy a new Corvette for about 3 months. With GM reporting a sales decrease of 45% for October, I knew now was the time to pull the trigger. I bought the machine silver 2008 convertible with titanium interior and a black top. It looks great in the garage and I smile everytime I open the garage door. Absolutely no buyer's remorse. The only reason I gave the interior design a 9 is because I can't plug my MP3 into the stereo... what's that all about? The NPP dual mode exhaust is cool as hell and the magnetic selective ride rocks. If you're thinking at all about buying one of these, don't wait any longer. Now's the time do get a great deal on a great American sports car.

An Elephant in the Alps
By Bill on 09/03/08 04:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I got this car in place of a Porsche 911 S and believe me, this car is no Porsche. It's huge for a "sports car". A sports car is supposed to be small, powerful and nimble. The Vette's handling is comparable to an elephant trying to perform on the balance beam at the Olympics. Sure, I like the power under the hood. 30 horses with the dual mode exhaust sounds great, but that's about the only thing that's great on this car. After driving BMW's, Z cars, Porsche's and even my Mercedes E350, I am very disappointed in the way this car's handing and appointments are for the money. Can't anyone in the U.S. build a "sports car" at least in the league of the afore mentioned. Pitiful.

Wow!
By Paul on 08/24/08 05:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had an M3 ten years ago which was the benchmark for me for purchasing a new sports car. The Corvette handles as well as the M3 with an enormous amount of power. I still can't wipe the smile off of my face everytime I drive this car.

Best Ever
By STAN ALEXANDER on 08/15/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned five Corvettes in my life, but my 2008 is the first new one I have had. In 2004 I bought a beautiful black 2002 convertible and I really loved it, then I began reading about the 2008 and the new engine, and I figured since I had just turned 60 I would by a new Corvette. I ordered a Crystal red convertible, ebony interior, dual mode exhaust and LT3 package. I have not been disappointed, it handles like a dream, it feels so tight and manageable and when you just step on the gas, not floor it, you are doing 70 before you know it, but the best part is that almost every time I take it out, strangers will stop and tell me that is the "best looking car I've ever seen". No problems.

Just can't stop smiling
By Still Smiling on 06/20/08 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've been a fan of the Corvette as long as I remember, but this is my first one. Comparing it to anything else I've ever driven... well, I just can't. It outperforms them all in just about every way. Obviously, it is a sportscar and no one can deny it's performance (even not considering it's price). I shopped several european vehicles and looked at a couple of Asian models. The only thing close of US manufacturer's are the Viper (not civil enough for me) and the Cadillac, which is a heavier underpowered Corvette. Nothing compared. Acceleration is incredible, handling sublime, but what I'm most impressed with is the comfort. I'm 6'3" and feel comfortable enough to enjoy a 10 hr trip

Fun Factor = 10
By Lloyd on 06/08/08 09:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Corvette. After owning a 1986 Vette that I sold due to 2 teenage boys I just had to have another once they moved out. This Vette will keep a smile on your face. Very fun car to own and drive! Zero problems in the first 6 months and 2k miles of ownership. Paddle-shifting at full throttle with the optional dual-mode exhaust is a blast! Great handling and smooth ride - hard to believe you could have both! I expect we'll keep this Vette for quite some time and then pass it down to the kids.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.