Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette 427 Limited Edition Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Most Helpful|
Best dollars spent
By Bigwoody

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 427 Limited Edition Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Smooth engine, watertight, amazing handling. Powerful, cheap compared to Europen competition. Reliable, no problems

Favorite Features

Power, sound system

Suggested Improvements

Install Corsa exaust, awesome sound

What an awesome Vette
By Jersey Jeff

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 427 Limited Edition Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 4th new Corvette, my first Z06, and by far my most powerful and fun Vette ever. This car looks incredible and has the performance to match the looks. Complete strangers tell me they love it, and even my wife saw it and said it was the best looking Vette she had ever seen. I bought it 48 hours later. It graces my garage parked next to my 02 vette (7,200 miles) which I am saving for my only daughter who was born in 2002. The license plates have her name and 02. At 5 years old she is already a Vette fanatic, she has good taste like her dad and mom.

Favorite Features

The sound of that motor is music to my ears, so much so that I do not even listen to the radio at all. It screams power from start to shut down,and oh what a feeling. The car just exceeds my every expectation and was money well spent no matter what fuel cost.

Suggested Improvements

Auto-up for the windows would have been a great feature. That is the only thing I have found annoying about the car in my first few months of ownership.

Like riding a wild bear
By Randude

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 427 Limited Edition Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

It is a privilage and pleasure to own and drive a 2008 "Crystal Red" 427 special edition Z06 Corvette. I thought seriously about buying a Nissan GTR, but after seeing the GTR in person, I felt it remined me of a fancy Nissan Altima with new fenders. The engine sounded tame and boring. It just didnt excite me much. In contrast, just standing near the Z06 Corvete and looking at it, makes your heart race. I fell in love with this sexy beast from the moment it rumbled to life with a push of the button. The car looks twice in good in person as it does in pictures and sounds beautiful. It's incredibly fun to drive, and I have to beat the girls away from it. I absolutly love it.

Favorite Features

Beautiful color, full leather interior. Comfort of the seats, the HUD display. Seat and mirror memory setting for me and my wife. The roar of the engine especially with the fuse pulled and all exaust ports open. It sounds like the opening to Van Halens "Hot for Teacher" drum roll. Rockin!

Suggested Improvements

Larger drink holders! I get thirsty! Oh, and a neck brace for passengers would be helpful... and could they throw in a bat to knock all the drooling people off it everytime I come outside?

Perfect choice to replace old Vette
By Lea

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 427 Limited Edition Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I owned a '69 427 pumped up Vette for 16 years. Decided at last, to replace it instead with a new one a few weeks ago. My old car was a beast, and this one equals it, but stock and under warranty! Chevy has finally brought back a true muscle car! Fun to drive, great gas mileage, unbelievably 26.5 mpg after a 3200 mile trip out west, and a rather comfortable ride to boot. I still miss my old car but this one takes away the pain leaving nothing to be desired.

Favorite Features

Horse power to burn, heads up display, all the options including Nav, interior/exterior design, gas mileage with big fat tires.

Suggested Improvements

Better heat insulation under console, it gets too hot to store anything safely inside except metal. Not very good steering on uneven ridged roads. It will steer into and with road ruts but then again, the older Vettes did the same. Seats could be improved tilting headrest back