Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

2008 Z51 Manual Transmission Convertible, 1 of 923
By 08 Z51 Vette Guy

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Second owner and have put 8k miles on the car in 10 months, totaling 31k. I can't speak to every Corvette and will speak toward mine. It's amazing. No squeaks, creaks or rattles. Incredible power whenever you'd like it, and the exhaust note is magic. Mine is a factory dual mode car, with the fuse pulled. I've crushed new 5.0 ponies easily. The top end of 4th, or my fifth gear shift happens about 147 mph. Most of my passengers tap out before I grab fifth. Ultimately I was hoping to find out how rare my configuration really is. Here's what she is.... 1SZ - PREFERRED EQUIPMENT SAVINGS 313 - CASHMERE 31I - LT CASHMERE INTERIOR TRIM 35T - TOP - BEIGE 3LT - 3LT PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP AM/FM STEREO, 6 DISC CD CHANGER, MP3 FORMAT, BOSE PREMIUM 7 SPEAKER SYSTEM, (REPLACES STD/OPT/PKG RADIO) HEAD-UP DISPLAY PWR TELESCOPING STEERING WHEEL HEATED SEATS MEMORY PACKAGE UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE STEERING WHEEL RADIO CONTROLS POWER CONVERTIBLE TOP 89U - CRYSTAL RED METALLIC TINTCOAT AAB - MEMORY PACKAGE AG2 - 6 WAY POWER PASSENGER SEAT AJ7 - AIR BAGS, FRONTAL & SIDE IMPACT, DRIVER & PASSENGER AL0 - SENSOR INDICATOR INFLATABLE RESTRAINT, FRT PASS/CHILD PRESENCE DETECTOR AQ9 - ADJUSTABLE SPORT BUCKET SEATS W/PERFORATED LEATHER INSERTS BGR - BOWLING GREEN PLANT CJ2 - DUAL ZONE, ELECTRONIC A/C CM7 - POWER CONVERTIBLE TOP DD0 - ELECTROCHROMIC MIRRORS INSIDE REAR & LEFT OUTSIDE REAR DD8 - OSRV FE3 - SPORT SUSPENSION FE9 - FEDERAL EMISSIONS GU6 - REAR AXLE 3.42 RATIO IL3 - TRIM INTERIOR DESIGN-AQ9 J55 - HEAVY DUTY POWER BRAKES JJA - PT DRESS SUBASSEMBLY JL5 - CONTROL MANUAL TRANS, 1ST TO 4TH GEAR SKIP SHIFT K63 - 110 AMP GENERATOR KA1 - HEATED SEATS KNP - TRANSMISSION OIL COOLING SYSTEM KPS - COOLER OIL, ENGINE LS3 - 6.2 LITER 430 HP ENGINE MN6 - 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION MZ6 - 6 SPD MANUAL TRANSMISSION N37 - PWR TELESCOPING STEERING WHEEL NK4 - TILT LEATHER WRAP STNG WHEEL NPP - DUAL MODE EXHAUST NT7 - EMISSION SYSTEM FEDERAL TIER 2 QX3 - CHROME ALUMINUM WHEELS R6K - PROCESSING CODE R9N - PROCESSING CODE - SEAT SLM - STOCK ORDERS U2K - XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL. U52 - ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTATION U65 - SPEAKER SYSTEM 7, PREMIUM UE1 - 1 YR ONSTAR SAFE & SOUND(ASK DLR ABOUT TURN-BY-TURN NAV UPGRADE) UG1 - UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE UJ9 - LOW TIRE PRESS. INDICATOR UK3 - STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS US3 - ANTENNA DIVERSITY US9 - AM/FM STEREO, 6 DISC CD CHANGER, MP3 FORMAT, BOSE PREMIUM 7 SPEAKER SYSTEM, (REPLACES STD/OPT/PKG RADIO) UV6 - HEAD-UP DISPLAY V73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA VA5 - ENGLISH LANGUAGE LABEL VDD - VEHICLE INFORMATION DVD VH9 - ENVELOPE OWNER INFO MANUAL VT7 - OWNERS MANUAL ENGLISH XND - FRONT TIRE - P245/40ZR18 YTK - REAR TIRE P285/35ZR19 Z51 - Z51 PERFORMANCE PKG (INCLUDES:LARGER CROSS-DRILLED BRAKE ROTORS,PERFORMANCE-TUNED: TIRES, STABILIZER BARS,SPRINGS, SHOCKS, GEAR RATIOS)

Boyhood dream
By Jack

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've salivated over Vettes ever since the 1958 model came out, and still think the 58 - 61 models are the most beautiful cars ever made. Wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, so my first vehicles weren't much to talk about, then along came wife and children. Children all grown now with their own children, so I love my machine silver 2008 LT3 convertible with titanium interior and gray top. My wife never liked Vettes, but now she's a fan too! Nearing 16,000 miles and only one small issue - the cheap plastic glove box latch broke and was replaced under warranty. NPP option is nice. I added a "mild to wild" module (easy to do) so I can run in either mode at touch of a button.

From pussycat to wildcat with a mere flex of the right foot. Can actually tour in this car without feeling beat up at end of trip. Magnetic ride control. Averaged 28.6 MPG on 1500 mile trip, 70 -80 MPH. Saw 35 mpg on a 50 mile leg at 55 MPH. Awesome acceleration! Service - Chevy dealers everywhere

More supportive seats. Handling on a par with it's European competition - you can do this, Chevy! Spice up the bland interior and use soft touch materials, especially on the center console. Fix the unacceptably slow down-shifts of the paddle shift and add "throttle blip". Better, quieter run-flats.

2008 Corvette Convertible
By cleo299

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Amazing car - impressive acceleration and handling when driven hard. Smooth and quiet when driven soft. Surprisingly good fuel economy - 23-25 mpg. Good trunk space - even with the top down. Low cost insurance. Zero problems after 24K miles.

Must haves - power top, head up display

None

WOW
By FLADAVE

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Well I feel like a little kid because after having many different cars over the years I finally found my favorite new toy. Quite simply put, this car is the American Dream in all its glory. Go drive one and you will understand....

Heads up display. Raw power. this car is tight and well built.

Gun safe.....

I'll get another one already
By Rick

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have an 08 convertible with the 3LT option and my wife has the 08 coupe with the Z51 option and the dual mode exhaust. I did not get the exhaust option on mine or the Z51 option and quickly wanted to drive her car instead. Now I've added a GM performance exhaust system to mine and wooooo!!!! However, I am now already looking at jumping on an 09 model as they now offer the cyber grey color. I hope to get a dealer to put me into that car, otherwise my wife and I can still enjoy our two 08 models. Now I will shop for an 09 with the dual mode exhaust and Z51 options exclusively.

both are fun to drive for their own reasons. Get one of both!

USB connection and on the DVD nav system, design a media file system that does not take a special media format. Just try to play a regular MP3 CD created at home in the DVD nav system....It seems to have a very finicky format requirement to make your own MP3 CD.

• SUV