Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Sexy and fun
By Dale Bogle

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Make sure you get the paddle shift and NPP exhaust options. More fun shifting with paddles and NPP exhaust gives you the loud rumble a Corvette should have. The 2008 mods to the C6 line are welcome, handling much improved, but I would get the Z51option next time.

Always an eye-catcher
By Dominick Lacovara

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

My wife and I have absolutely loved this car from the day we purchased it. The comfort, performance and reliability can't be beat, especially for the price. You could pay twice as much and still not get a car of this quality. We drove it on a 9,000 mile road trip around the United States in the fall of 2008 and averaged 27 mpg. The navigation was a huge aid. Don't believe the car magazine criticisms of the seats, but ask any C6 owner or try them yourself to realize how comfortable and supportive they are. The 430 horsepower is all you could desire and more. The Corsa Sport exhaust I installed added 12 additional horses and 13 lbs of torque and an aggressive throaty sound on acceleration and quiet cruising. While I aspire to eventually purchase a C7, I will have difficulty parting with this C6, the lines of which I actually prefer.

Well Pleased
By Rob Joyner

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2008 Base model, 3LT, Z51, NPP 3 years ago with 29,000mi. on the clock. I have been very pleased with it. I have done only oil changes; everything has been completely reliable. The car is easy to learn, very driver friendly. My partner (girlfriend) enjoys it very much (definitely a plus).
I have put 14,000mi. on it since getting it and have absolutely no complaints.
Some have commented that the interior is a little drab but I am very satisfied with it.
The engine is "leggy" with good torque and hp throughout a broad rpm range, I don't have to be constantly changing gears although I like the engine sound with the NPP defeated so I find myself shifting almost unnecessarily just hear the exhaust note. I have the NPP bypass remote (came with the car) and that enhances the driving a great deal as I can hear the exhaust when I want and I can return it to normal mode when I want less sound so I can listen to music (I really like this feature).
The roof panel is fairly easy to remove/replace with no particular awkwardness although care must be used when doing so, and it stows in the trunk area in the retaining brackets, only it does take up a lot of the available trunk area, but if I'm traveling with luggage I'm not going to be doing it with the roof panel off as I would likely get tired of that after couple hours.
I scored the performance high but I'm sure I haven't tested the limits of the car (I'm a senior citizen, and I think it's a good idea for me to not push the car beyond my limits with the possible consequences of breakage, collision and higher insurance premiums; the car does everything I want it to.
The leather on the seats is good quality and the fit/finish of the car overall is very good.
I drive it year round here in the mountains of western NC, USA, and I have a set of summer tires on aftermarket wheels and change over to the all-season tires on the factory wheels when winter comes. This is an extra expense but I really don't like the idea of the car sitting in the garage thru the winter and my not being able to enjoy it, but to each his own. I chose to go this route with the tires since these cars come with summer tires and it's not recommended they be used below 50 degrees F, and since the all-season tires are twice the price of summer tires I think I'm saving money in the long run, and again, I get to enjoy the car year-round.
A lot of people (who are true car people) do look at the car with interest/admiration and I have to admit that's a pretty cool feeling, although that's not the reason I bought it. I bought it to drive and enjoy the technology/performance/style, and it's a car I could afford where I could get that.
Overall, the fuel economy is good, surprising that 430hp could still result in such figures (average 23mpg). If I had $110k to spend, I'd probably get a 2016 ZO6. I toured the Bowling Green Assy. plant a couple years ago and was impressed with the dedication that goes into these cars.

2008 Z51 Manual Transmission Convertible, 1 of 923
By 08 Z51 Vette Guy

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Second owner and have put 8k miles on the car in 10 months, totaling 31k. I can't speak to every Corvette and will speak toward mine. It's amazing. No squeaks, creaks or rattles. Incredible power whenever you'd like it, and the exhaust note is magic. Mine is a factory dual mode car, with the fuse pulled. I've crushed new 5.0 ponies easily.

The top end of 4th, or my fifth gear shift happens about 147 mph. Most of my passengers tap out before I grab fifth.

Ultimately I was hoping to find out how rare my configuration really is.
Here's what she is....
1SZ - PREFERRED EQUIPMENT SAVINGS 313 - CASHMERE
31I - LT CASHMERE INTERIOR TRIM 35T - TOP - BEIGE
3LT - 3LT PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP AM/FM STEREO, 6 DISC CD CHANGER, MP3 FORMAT, BOSE PREMIUM 7 SPEAKER SYSTEM, (REPLACES STD/OPT/PKG RADIO) HEAD-UP DISPLAY PWR TELESCOPING STEERING WHEEL HEATED SEATS MEMORY PACKAGE UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE STEERING WHEEL RADIO CONTROLS POWER CONVERTIBLE TOP
89U - CRYSTAL RED METALLIC TINTCOAT
AAB - MEMORY PACKAGE AG2 - 6 WAY POWER PASSENGER SEAT
AJ7 - AIR BAGS, FRONTAL & SIDE IMPACT, DRIVER & PASSENGER AL0 - SENSOR INDICATOR INFLATABLE RESTRAINT, FRT PASS/CHILD PRESENCE DETECTOR
AQ9 - ADJUSTABLE SPORT BUCKET SEATS W/PERFORATED LEATHER INSERTS BGR - BOWLING GREEN PLANT
CJ2 - DUAL ZONE, ELECTRONIC A/C CM7 - POWER CONVERTIBLE TOP
N37 - PWR TELESCOPING STEERING WHEEL NK4 - TILT LEATHER WRAP STNG WHEEL
NPP - DUAL MODE EXHAUST NT7 - EMISSION SYSTEM FEDERAL TIER 2
QX3 - CHROME ALUMINUM WHEELS R6K - PROCESSING CODE
R9N - PROCESSING CODE - SEAT SLM - STOCK ORDERS
U2K - XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL. U52 - ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTATION
U65 - SPEAKER SYSTEM 7, PREMIUM UE1 - 1 YR ONSTAR SAFE & SOUND(ASK DLR ABOUT TURN-BY-TURN NAV UPGRADE)
UG1 - UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE UJ9 - LOW TIRE PRESS. INDICATOR
UK3 - STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS US3 - ANTENNA DIVERSITY
US9 - AM/FM STEREO, 6 DISC CD CHANGER, MP3 FORMAT, BOSE PREMIUM 7 SPEAKER SYSTEM, (REPLACES STD/OPT/PKG RADIO) UV6 - HEAD-UP DISPLAY
V73 - STATEMENT OF VEHICLE CERT.-U.S. /CANADA VA5 - ENGLISH LANGUAGE LABEL
VDD - VEHICLE INFORMATION DVD VH9 - ENVELOPE OWNER INFO MANUAL
VT7 - OWNERS MANUAL ENGLISH XND - FRONT TIRE - P245/40ZR18
YTK - REAR TIRE P285/35ZR19 Z51 - Z51 PERFORMANCE PKG (INCLUDES:LARGER CROSS-DRILLED BRAKE ROTORS,PERFORMANCE-TUNED: TIRES, STABILIZER BARS,SPRINGS, SHOCKS, GEAR RATIOS)

Best car I've owned in 50 years
By pscarpelli

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 2008 Z06 replaced a 2005 Z51 Corvette. Beside providing world-class performance, in 26,000 miles this car hasn't had a single issue other than changing tires and oil. It's the best car I've ever owned. It has no rattles, no glitches, and at a steady 80 mph, it gets 32 mpg. Highly recommended.