2008 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Best car I've owned in 50 years
By pscarpelli on 02/23/13 13:37 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 2008 Z06 replaced a 2005 Z51 Corvette. Beside providing world-class performance, in 26,000 miles this car hasn't had a single issue other than changing tires and oil. It's the best car I've ever owned. It has no rattles, no glitches, and at a steady 80 mph, it gets 32 mpg. Highly recommended.

Enjoying my lifetime dream car!
By johncarl on 02/21/11 06:20 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Lucky guy! I also own a new Camaro and love it. I have always wanted a Corvette since working at a dealership after high school. I checked out a local 2008 that I located on the internet. I had never driven one and didn't know if the power would be too much for me to handle. It wasn't and I bought it too. This car drives perfectly at any speed. And I simply love its beauty and performance. My lifetime car choice had been right all along. I have the Atomic Orange 3LT transparent removable roof. I can't seem to stay out of this car. I receive compliments on both cars each time I drive them. I agree with every positive thing I have read on this forum. Buy one if u can!

Vette Owner w/Real Objective Review
By VetteOwner on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned my '08 vette for 26 months and enjoy it. The car is great overall, is fun to drive, but is far from perfect. Here are the issues I've dealt with and you'll see why I gave the reliability a 3 ranking. After 1 week the glove box latch fell apart. In less than a year the rear end started clunking around corners, replaced the fluid. At year 1 the clutch pedal started squeaking every time it was released, replaced the position sensor. At year 1.5 a cam position sensor failed. After 2 years the water pump failed. Worst of all is that the first set of tires only lasted 16,000 miles with easy driving. Be prepared for lots of driving fun and numerous trips to the dealer for repairs.

Great overall car with some flaws
By Chad on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

C6 LS3 Corvettes are arguably the best sports car value for the money. No other manufacturer can give you the performance, reliability, comfort, fuel economy, design and value that Chevrolet provides. I've owned my 'Vette for ~ 1 yr and can't be happier with the experiences thus far. The car has unbelievable amounts of HP and torque. The ride is quite comfortable too; on par with most sports sedans / coupes. The interior is a little sub par when taking into consideration the MSRP when new, but I'd recommend not purchasing new if you want to save some considerable money. The seats are a little flimsy, but for daily driving or simply cruising, the seats are more than adequate.

Boyhood dream
By Jack on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've salivated over Vettes ever since the 1958 model came out, and still think the 58 - 61 models are the most beautiful cars ever made. Wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, so my first vehicles weren't much to talk about, then along came wife and children. Children all grown now with their own children, so I love my machine silver 2008 LT3 convertible with titanium interior and gray top. My wife never liked Vettes, but now she's a fan too! Nearing 16,000 miles and only one small issue - the cheap plastic glove box latch broke and was replaced under warranty. NPP option is nice. I added a "mild to wild" module (easy to do) so I can run in either mode at touch of a button.

2008 Z06 is a winner!
By C6YelowZ06 on 05/07/10 11:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love this car! I have had 4 back fusions and triple neck fusion and this fits like a glove. It is hard to get in and out of at 55 but once in it, I hate to get out. It is truly an amazing automobile, especially for the money. I have yet to have it over 155 but I can't wait. It performed very well on a NASCAR track, I can't tell you which one, obviously, but it was unbelievable going into a corner at 150 and the "G meter" shows only .6! I was too afraid to put it into the wall, plus my tires had 4500 miles on them. With sticky rubber, I think it could have gone into the corner at 175 but I am too old for that. WOW, you have to get one of these before you die!

2008 Corvette Convertible
By cleo299 on 03/23/10 18:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Amazing car - impressive acceleration and handling when driven hard. Smooth and quiet when driven soft. Surprisingly good fuel economy - 23-25 mpg. Good trunk space - even with the top down. Low cost insurance. Zero problems after 24K miles.

WOW
By FLADAVE on 02/22/10 10:13 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Well I feel like a little kid because after having many different cars over the years I finally found my favorite new toy. Quite simply put, this car is the American Dream in all its glory. Go drive one and you will understand....

Great Car (3LT, NPP, Z51, 6M)
By Frank on 02/13/10 13:03 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in my 03 BMW M3 for the corvette. Overall I am very happy with the total package. The engine is amazing and the exhaust note (mild to wild installed) is awesome. The interior fit and finish (quality of materials) does not stand up to the M3 but I prefer driving this car. Only problem that I have experienced was a faulty alternator that left me stranded one night but was replaced quickly by the dealer. The pure performance alone is a good reason to get one!

Great Car Little Money
By Great on 01/17/10 16:24 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Wonderful automobile. Runs terrific, handles well, and wow what an incredible acceleration. Fasters car I have ever owned. Have owned Porsche and many Mustangs. Incredible automobile.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.