2007 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: Z06 earned my respect

2007 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

Z06 Coupe (7.0L V8 6-speed Manual)

Z06 earned my respect
By seslew on

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I was not until recently a big Corvette fan. But I have changed my mind after owning the Z06 for the last month. It is the fastest car I have ever driven, even faster than the Lamborghini Gallardo ($200g's) a friend brought by to compare to the Z06. The handling is superb and for normal driving it is very comfortable. Everything about the car says quality. Large multi-piston brakes, advanced electronic traction control, design and attention to detail. The Goodyear Eagle Runflats stick to the road like they are part of it. The gearbox seems a little heavy but I haven't missed a shift and the throw is short and fast. I have never had a car that attracts so much attention. A great car.

Flawless paint. Traction control (this is a lot of car to handle with the TC off, but when it's on you feel like a top pro driver) and most of all the 427 small block engine and the sound and power that comes along with it. Acceleration like you can't believe.

Needs mp3 hookup on the upgraded Bose sound system, and larger cup holders. I thought it was a little awkward to get in and out of until I pretzeled myself trying to get into the Lamborghini, now I think its OK.