Overachiever
By John on
2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)
So far at 7000 miles, the car has been flawless. Explosive acceleration, delightful torque at any speed. The car is a red Z51 convertible 6 speed manual. This car has a dual personality. If you want to just commute normally, it's relatively quiet, smooth and docile. If you drop the hammer, it turns into an animal, loud and brash. Even frightening if you are not expecting it. Despite stiffer Z51 option, ride is firm, but not harsh, I was impressed also with the stiffness of the structure despite being a convertible. So far no rattles and a door squeak went away as weather warmed up.
Favorite Features
Styling, engine, quickness of response to steering, brakes and of course, accelerator. Smoothness of powertrain power of brakes, instrumentation, overall build quality. Also, fuel economy impresses. I do a lot of freeway and I am averaging 22MPG...not bad for 400HP.
Suggested Improvements
Some interior materials are cheap, seat recliner feels cheap. Also, I wish I could delete some forced options. I don't really need the HUD, automatic climate control or stability control, throttle is a bit slow to respond to blipping and there is little engine braking. Exhaust could be louder.