2007 Chevrolet Corvette 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Extremely impressed after 3,000 miles

2007 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (6.0L V8 6-speed Manual)

Extremely impressed after 3,000 miles
By Steve K. on

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have had my 2007 C6 Coupe with paddle shift for a little over 2 months and have driven about 3,300 miles. The performance is exceptional. I've owned sedans from BMW (2002 and 535i), Infiniti (Q45,G35x), Mercedes 300D and Volvo S70, and sports models from Alfa Romeo And Subaru SVX, plus old time muscle cars ('66 Impala 396 and '67 Olds 442). The Corvette is by far the most powerful, best handling and most fun to drive. At $48,000 list, it is a great value. When driving sedately, it is as well behaved as a performance sedan. When you ask for speed and handling, it responds aggressively. Plus, I've been averaging a little over 21 mpg. Going to Spring Mtn Vette School next week. Can't wait!

Favorite Features

Speed, acceleration and stability at speed. Great handling. Tame when driving conservatively, a brute when you ask for power. Beautiful lines and color (Monterey Red)

Suggested Improvements

More internal storage and "cubby" holes Better seats - although still pretty good