Used 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Looks and Feels Like a Million Bucks
By 3LT Black/Black

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

When I drove this car into work for the first time, my collegues thought I had won the lottery or sold a kidney. Most people thought this car should have costed well over $100k when I paid less than $50k for a fully loaded variety. The fact that it stands out more, and severly outperforms a BMW Z4, Mercedes- Benz SLK320 and Porsche Boxter and costs the same (or even a little less) is astonishing. This car is absolutly gorgeous and I can't imagine why anyone else would possibly buy any other sports car in the $50k price range. There is nothing that car doesn't have that a $200,000 Ferrari does have. Car feels/looks incredible and the 5 year warranty gives me great peace of mind.

Favorite Features

400 horses in a car that cuts through the air with less drag than an F22 Raptor. Heads up display with G-meter is very impressive and usefull. Navigation works excellent, except the voice command feature, Bose surround sound provides great quality sound for a stock system.

Suggested Improvements

No iPod integration in the '07. For future, integrate iPod to display songs/playlists on Nav Screen using digitial connection (not analog). Nav should have real-time traffic. Improve voice command accuracy. Passenger seatbelt flaps in the wind when top is down. Vinyl interior blemishes easily

Great Car
By toydriver

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've wanted a Vette since I first saw the '63 StingRay. Purchased my first; a C6 VictoryRed/Black coupe with auto6sp paddle shift, to replace a Honda S2000 convertible. The t-top was a wise choice for me, allowing the convertible experience while still allowing a quiet coupe ride and practical storage under the hatch. The 400 hp engine and 6sp paddle tranny gives plenty of power and sporty driving experience. It doesn't corner like a smaller roadster, but is a much better all around vehicle. Can store plenty of golf equipment and weekend luggage in the back, even with the t- top stowed. I find the stereo, a/c, basic seats and basic suspension to provide a very comfortable experience.

Favorite Features

Great value for a performance car. T- top. Glass hatch/coupe looks like a C2 StingRay. Awesome engine power. Quad exhaust look. Cold a/c with top off.

Suggested Improvements

Steering a bit too stiff and heavy at highway speed. Don't like the idea of run-flats at $300-$400 per tire. Instead make room for a donut spare allowing less expensive tire options.

A Rattle Trap
By 2007 Rattle Trap

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned my 2007 Corvette since October 13, 2006 and have had problems with the electronics in alarm system (which continue), severe problems with rattles coming from behind the dashboard due to broken welds and roof pins that were too small, and a bad shock absorber. The first repair to fix the broken weld took almost 6- weeks. After a month and less than 500 miles the rattle is back. Great looking car with substantial performance, but extremely poor quality. I wouldn't recommend anyone spend $45,000 or more for such a poor quality car which inturn leads to continue fustrations trying to get your problems resolved. To be honest I expected a higher quality car for the price I paid.

Favorite Features

Looks and performance

Suggested Improvements

Reduce the complexity of the electronics, improve manufacturing quality, eliminate the 1st to 4th shift annoyance, improved seats, eliminate the need to open a door or window in order to close the hatch.

Silver Bullet
By Dreamcomestrue

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

After a Mazda 626, Nissan Sentra, Isuzu I-Mark, 280Z, Ford Mustang, Toyota Camry LE, Odyssey, and Azera, I was finally able to get my dream car, the 2007 Corvette. My better half and I thoroughly enjoy the drive, especially with the option of the targa during the endless southern CA summers! No mechanical problems, good gas mileage (about 27 mpg highway, so far), beautiful paint (machine silver), titanium interior, XM radio, and paddle shifters in sport mode! Wonderful 400HP engine purrs along at highway cruising speeds, hardly breathing hard at 1800 rpm, then roars to life in an exciting way and eats up the road when presented with a chance to sprint. Miles of smiles guaranteed!

Favorite Features

Exterior lines, heads up display, 400HP engine, stow away capability of targa in spacious trunk, big brakes, run flat tires, memory seat/steering wheel/exit position for two drivers, audio set up, leather interior, keyless entry/start.

Suggested Improvements

Seat back recline lever needs to be beefed up.

Extremely impressed after 3,000 miles
By Steve K.

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have had my 2007 C6 Coupe with paddle shift for a little over 2 months and have driven about 3,300 miles. The performance is exceptional. I've owned sedans from BMW (2002 and 535i), Infiniti (Q45,G35x), Mercedes 300D and Volvo S70, and sports models from Alfa Romeo And Subaru SVX, plus old time muscle cars ('66 Impala 396 and '67 Olds 442). The Corvette is by far the most powerful, best handling and most fun to drive. At $48,000 list, it is a great value. When driving sedately, it is as well behaved as a performance sedan. When you ask for speed and handling, it responds aggressively. Plus, I've been averaging a little over 21 mpg. Going to Spring Mtn Vette School next week. Can't wait!

Favorite Features

Speed, acceleration and stability at speed. Great handling. Tame when driving conservatively, a brute when you ask for power. Beautiful lines and color (Monterey Red)

Suggested Improvements

More internal storage and "cubby" holes Better seats - although still pretty good