Used 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Great car to own
By Roger

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

With out doubt, the best performance bang for the buck. Unbelievable fuel mileage from a 400 HP engine. Drove it up to Utah from So Cal, averaged 30.5 MPG over 1750 miles! No problems yet. Car is great as a daily driver, gets compliments were ever you take it. Also surprisingly easy to insure.

Favorite Features

Strong performance, Great brakes (Z-51 option) very comfortable seating, great Bose radio, Awesome styling.

Suggested Improvements

Power steering is a little to firm at speed. Noticed rear tires are wearing out surprisingly fast, car leaves black marks behind it all the time (probably a design flaw) Exhaust is a little to quiet-personal preferance only.

Best buy for a true sports car
By Alan Rubin

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

It took a little time for me to get used to a car with this much power, but I really enjoy the car. The riding comfort is great. the car rides very smoothly, however it is a little noisy. However the car is not as hot rough riding as its predecessors. Interior design is not bad and there is enough storage room for most items. There are some minor things that could have been done a little differently, but they are very minor. The exterior of the car is beautiful, a true American sports car, we can all be proud of. Gas mileage is great, I get 22 in the city and 30+ on the hwy. So far, quality and reliability are very good. Only one problem which has been corrected.

Favorite Features

Targa roof, could not live without it. More than enough power for everyday driving. A great everyday car, unlike the Dodge Viper. Fun car to drive and great handling. I wish it was a little less noisy, but it is not bad. Car almost feels like a luxury sports car and a great buy for the money.

Suggested Improvements

A little less noisy. Could improve the center console with a nicer looking cover on the console. A little more support in the seats. I wish there was a switch to keep Fog lights on whenever the regular lights are on.

2007 C6 Coupe
By jc71251

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I traded a 2004 350Z on this car. I also drove a Porsche Cayman S before purchasing. The Corvette has unmatched acceleration, but is not as "toss-able" in corners as the Z or Porsche. I am very please with the car and use it as my daily driver in all seasons except the winter.

Favorite Features

Acceleration

Suggested Improvements

Even with the magnetic ride controll the handling needs a little improvement. I understand that this has been taken care of in the 2008 model.

5th Corvette and the best yet
By Dan Jarvie

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 5th Corvette and, while everyone buys a Corvette for performance, this one has a great ride and gets excellent mileage. It's one year old and nearly perfect from all points of view. Museum pickup is highly recommended for the experience and perhaps better quality assurance as they thoroughly check out the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Comfort of ride.

Suggested Improvements

Make the tail light sockets drain water better! This has been a problem for a long time. Also slope the mirror housing downward so it drains water better too.

A Disappointment
By 007vette

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

After waiting 40 years to finally get the boyhood dream, I purchased an '07 Corvette only to find out the name went on before the quality went as the quality never made it. The car is great looking, runs great and is fun to drive, but the drive components and rear end are junk, whenever I turn or start out it is if I were going over bumps in the road, I took it back and the dealer simple lubed the rear end, this worked until the lube wore and the problem reappeared again. On the second trip it was found that a tech bulletin had been generated for the problem and the dealer replaced the friction pads,this didn't cure the problems.I am getting rid of it after this. No more American cars for me

Favorite Features

Looks engine and fun to drive, when the rear end works.

Suggested Improvements

They get better rear ends and quality.