Used 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Squeaks and rattles
By familymealdeal

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Soon after I got this car something inside the door panel started to rattle. Had to go to 3 different dealer to finally get one willing to take the door panel off to fix. Squeaks/rattle all over the car when driving on rough surface. Roof when stored in trunk squeaks like mad. Window squeaks when rolled all the way up where it hits the roof. Dealer would apply some lube which works for about a week then rattle/squeaks returns and becomes worse. Get real people with 400hp the acceleration isn't much faster than a V6 Toyota Camry with 270hp. It probably is not worth to endure the noisy tire and all the poor interior.

Engine

Interior noise

Follow up after 15 months and long drive
By Toydriver

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 07 C6 6 speed auto coupe is now broken in. I drive it only in good weather and stow it in winter, so every time I use it is a treat. Just returned from a 1300mi road trip. It is a perfect road car for two. Very comfy, plenty of passing power when you need to leave the 18wheelers in the dust, and stores plenty of luggage, golf clubs, etc. The base version is just great. It has all of the creature comforts needed. Only problem has been some noise in the rear differential which was corrected by dealer with a TSB- recommended additive to the differential lube. If I lived in a warmer climate I'd use this car as my daily driver. It's well made and I'm proud to drive the best all-American sports car.

High low-rpm torque response. Rear hatch and t-top. Comfy seats.

Goodyear OEM run-flat tires are too noisy at highway speed on conrete. I've heard that Michelin's are better.

My 2007 C6 Rocks' Chevy's in the Game!
By wrb

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had a lot of different sport cars and roadsters which includes MG's to 1967 Firebird, 1972 Chevelle SS, 1967 Triump, BMW's Z-3, Z-4 and the 3 series which then led me back to machines that can perform like my Harley Davidson VRod with a few mods pushs over 120hp. Nothing even comes close to coming back to an American made quality product like the Corvette. You really need to start looking at what GM has produced its better quality than any foreign car that I've owned in the last 20 years. Chevy, you rock.

Gas mileage, I get 23 in the city and 33 on the highway. Chevys has really out done themselves on desinging an excellent product. I have had it over a year and its been perfect car.

They need a button to disconnect the first to forth gear jump function.

Rocky from the OC in California
By Rocky

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I went from a 2001 ZO6 to a 2007 coupe. The coupe's ride is signifigantly smoother than the ZO6 and I recommend the coupe as a daily driver vs ZO6. The coupe is very powerful & styling can't be beat. I receive a lot of turned heads & waives from other Vette drivers. Gasoline mileage is good not great, lots of cargo space but interior fit & finish lacking. Has been in and out of the shop for warranty issues; cigarette lighter not working - glove box open/close latch keeps breaking - cheap plastic. Removable top, although light in weight for it's size, needs two people to safely taking on-off. As a previous owner of a ZO6 I'd opt for the coupe every time as ZO6 is designed for racing.

The coupe Corvette is a performance vehicle combining great looks, technology, and high end performance. Head Up Display, improved interior over pervious model, cargo space, seating comfort and it is a one of a kind and extremely enjoyable to drive. Reliability average recommend extended warranty.

Designers should combine chrome accents on the exterior. The interior uses too much plastic and it shows cheap. Fit and finish drastically improved over C5 but it does not compare to other performance vehicles in the market place - Porche-BMW- Lexus. More money should be expended on the interior.

Outstanding car, but not perfect.
By Snowman

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Corvette. The first was a Yellow C5 Coupe. It was an awesome car and I loved every day I drove it. This White C6 is also a great car. I was so enamored with the extra 50hp that I didn't even notice how bad the "paddle shifters" were until I'd had it for a couple months. The six-speed auto is head and shoulders above the four-speed auto that was in my C5. But forget using the paddles. By the time it actually changes gears, the moment has passed and you forget you wanted to do something. I also preferred the C5s interior. I do love lots of the features of the C6 and in full-auto mode it's really quick. But I think I should have gotten the manual.

400hp, exterior styling, lighter targa top, g-meter on heads-up, cup holder

Junk or fix the paddle shifters. A real semi-auto gearbox would be cool. Cheaper price for glass top. I love it (had one on my C5), but they are pretty steep. Heads-up with lower option packages.