Used 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

I Love It
By SRAF

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had this car for 2 months and have had zero problems. This is my 4th Vette and I thought I loved my 25th anniversary C5 - but this one is superior in every way. Interior styling is a vast improvement. They finally included a decent stereo and power top. I'm a big guy so getting out is a little difficult - but I'll live with it. Plenty of head/leg room.

Favorite Features

Integrated DVD navigation and stereo. Power folding top. Interior and exterior styling. Monterey red paint is beautiful.

Suggested Improvements

Add fuel level to HUD. Get rid of lock-out on navigation input while car is moving. IPOD input

Overachiever
By John

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

So far at 7000 miles, the car has been flawless. Explosive acceleration, delightful torque at any speed. The car is a red Z51 convertible 6 speed manual. This car has a dual personality. If you want to just commute normally, it's relatively quiet, smooth and docile. If you drop the hammer, it turns into an animal, loud and brash. Even frightening if you are not expecting it. Despite stiffer Z51 option, ride is firm, but not harsh, I was impressed also with the stiffness of the structure despite being a convertible. So far no rattles and a door squeak went away as weather warmed up.

Favorite Features

Styling, engine, quickness of response to steering, brakes and of course, accelerator. Smoothness of powertrain power of brakes, instrumentation, overall build quality. Also, fuel economy impresses. I do a lot of freeway and I am averaging 22MPG...not bad for 400HP.

Suggested Improvements

Some interior materials are cheap, seat recliner feels cheap. Also, I wish I could delete some forced options. I don't really need the HUD, automatic climate control or stability control, throttle is a bit slow to respond to blipping and there is little engine braking. Exhaust could be louder.

Big Surprise
By Rick

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned many makes of cars, from a 260-Z to a Cadillac, including a couple of Mercedes. This is the best riding car I have owned. It gets very good gas mileage, especially for a 400 hp gorilla. I love driving it, riding in it, looking at it and touching it. I have turned the seat heater on and driven a few minutes to relieve back pain. It also relieves depression except when one writes the check to pay for it.

Favorite Features

The seats, ride, handling, responsiveness, looks

Suggested Improvements

Make the computer screen readable in daylight when the top is down. The cheap plastic throughtout the car. (The little hinge was in the trunk storage compartment was broken the first day I had the car) Build in an I-pod connection, the dealer installed one for me at no charge.

Wonderful/beautiful/exquisite sports car
By The Maverick

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

It is absolutly the greatest experience in the world for me to be able to own and drive the only hand built American sports car left. Its style, comfort, and yes even economy is just out of this world. Thanks Chevrolet for building a sports car that is above the rest.

Favorite Features

Handling, performance, style, braking ability.

Suggested Improvements

I am very pleased with everything. No changes needed for me.

American made
By coleton lollis

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is a great car. An amazing ride. One of the best Vettes yet. The sleek interior design and ultimate performance makes it one of the best

Favorite Features

The flip LCD screen and big engine