Used 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Great 2007 C6
By oldsuperdave

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first GM car in 25 years. It's a 2007 coupe with 6M Z51 2LT with about 14K miles. It's a dream come true. GM has really put together a great combination of performance, practicality, and efficiency. Performance in every aspect will make you forget your troubles for awhile when driving. I'm pleasantly suprised at the effecient engine compartment layout as well as the well placed traditional interior controls, right where they should be. The interior, while good, could use a few improvements. However, overall, this is a great car. Only a slight roof sqeak and a differental noise, both corrected with known fixes.

Favorite Features

Cornering and acceleration. For the mid-lifers like me the seats are great with the best lumbar support I've found in any car.

Suggested Improvements

The interior. While good, any car in this price range should have an MP3 player and audio controls on the steering wheel. Also, there should be leather on the doors and center console and less plastic. A valet switch is needed to limit RPM while in other's care.

Still Fun 50 years later
By Rick Roma

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My first Corvette was a 1957 that I sold in 1979 to buy my Home. I now have a new 2007 Coupe that was worth waiting for. It looks and drives just the way I want it to. Just enough power to get in trouble with. I drive the Corvette to work in good weather. It's the best feeling to drive a car that you love, even if it's just to work. Jay Leno said it best; "if you don't like the interior, buy a nice Dinette set."

Favorite Features

Victory Red paint is perfect

Suggested Improvements

None

Best Vett Yet
By Robert

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned Corvettes since my first in 1974. I bought it new upon my return from Vietnam. I traded my 2004 in on this one and it is by far the best one I have owned. My next one may be the new ZR1 that just came out, but I am not sure.

Favorite Features

Style, again one look and you know it is a Corvette with nothing else out there like it. Performance, nothing can touch it for the money and many far more expensive can not either. (Sorry Viper)

Suggested Improvements

Make it even faster.

Trim / Molding Windows and Differential
By Roy

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I guess I can start by saying this car is my mid-life crisis car, anyway the car performs everytime time I put my foot into. It fires like a bullet, no complaints for power, but there are some other problems so beware. My vehicle has had molding on the driver & passengers side replace twice for peeling. Front windshield crack and replaced due to body stress as descibe in my documentation. Rear differential went out grining noise when backing up or going around curves. Dealer wants to add rear differential TSB-additive waste of time. My passenger door has a continous rattle in the center of the panel with very little volume on speakers. GM fix is adding foam to interior of door, doesn't work.

Favorite Features

400 horses

Suggested Improvements

Remove the rubberize coating on mold trimming. Encase door panel with more insulation which will also help keep out road noise. Beware of winshield cracks my be due to falty glass or body stress. Gauges should be at the touch of a botton on steering wheel for headup display.

Reliability 07 Vette
By 07Reliability

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Reliability is not there. Electrical system drains battery so car will not start if car is left parked for more than 10 days. So many things on this car are attached to the battery--it does nothing but kill battery. Try taking this car to the airport and come back 2 weeks later and see what happens. When you're not driving for even short periods in must be plugged in to a charger. Dealer says all is working properly-- even the car manual says battery will not last more than 25 days?

Favorite Features

Great performance, great ride, looks great also

Suggested Improvements

Electrical system needs vast redesign improvements by GM so as not to drain battery. Quality/reliability --to me it means the car will start.