2007 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Squeaks and rattles
By familymealdeal on 11/17/08 12:15 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Soon after I got this car something inside the door panel started to rattle. Had to go to 3 different dealer to finally get one willing to take the door panel off to fix. Squeaks/rattle all over the car when driving on rough surface. Roof when stored in trunk squeaks like mad. Window squeaks when rolled all the way up where it hits the roof. Dealer would apply some lube which works for about a week then rattle/squeaks returns and becomes worse. Get real people with 400hp the acceleration isn't much faster than a V6 Toyota Camry with 270hp. It probably is not worth to endure the noisy tire and all the poor interior.

Follow up after 15 months and long drive
By Toydriver on 10/03/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 07 C6 6 speed auto coupe is now broken in. I drive it only in good weather and stow it in winter, so every time I use it is a treat. Just returned from a 1300mi road trip. It is a perfect road car for two. Very comfy, plenty of passing power when you need to leave the 18wheelers in the dust, and stores plenty of luggage, golf clubs, etc. The base version is just great. It has all of the creature comforts needed. Only problem has been some noise in the rear differential which was corrected by dealer with a TSB- recommended additive to the differential lube. If I lived in a warmer climate I'd use this car as my daily driver. It's well made and I'm proud to drive the best all-American sports car.

My 2007 C6 Rocks' Chevy's in the Game!
By wrb on 04/16/08 21:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had a lot of different sport cars and roadsters which includes MG's to 1967 Firebird, 1972 Chevelle SS, 1967 Triump, BMW's Z-3, Z-4 and the 3 series which then led me back to machines that can perform like my Harley Davidson VRod with a few mods pushs over 120hp. Nothing even comes close to coming back to an American made quality product like the Corvette. You really need to start looking at what GM has produced its better quality than any foreign car that I've owned in the last 20 years. Chevy, you rock.

Rocky from the OC in California
By Rocky on 04/08/08 09:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I went from a 2001 ZO6 to a 2007 coupe. The coupe's ride is signifigantly smoother than the ZO6 and I recommend the coupe as a daily driver vs ZO6. The coupe is very powerful & styling can't be beat. I receive a lot of turned heads & waives from other Vette drivers. Gasoline mileage is good not great, lots of cargo space but interior fit & finish lacking. Has been in and out of the shop for warranty issues; cigarette lighter not working - glove box open/close latch keeps breaking - cheap plastic. Removable top, although light in weight for it's size, needs two people to safely taking on-off. As a previous owner of a ZO6 I'd opt for the coupe every time as ZO6 is designed for racing.

Outstanding car, but not perfect.
By Snowman on 03/17/08 15:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Corvette. The first was a Yellow C5 Coupe. It was an awesome car and I loved every day I drove it. This White C6 is also a great car. I was so enamored with the extra 50hp that I didn't even notice how bad the "paddle shifters" were until I'd had it for a couple months. The six-speed auto is head and shoulders above the four-speed auto that was in my C5. But forget using the paddles. By the time it actually changes gears, the moment has passed and you forget you wanted to do something. I also preferred the C5s interior. I do love lots of the features of the C6 and in full-auto mode it's really quick. But I think I should have gotten the manual.

Great car to own
By Roger on 02/14/08 10:59 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

With out doubt, the best performance bang for the buck. Unbelievable fuel mileage from a 400 HP engine. Drove it up to Utah from So Cal, averaged 30.5 MPG over 1750 miles! No problems yet. Car is great as a daily driver, gets compliments were ever you take it. Also surprisingly easy to insure.

Best buy for a true sports car
By Alan Rubin on 01/30/08 07:12 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

It took a little time for me to get used to a car with this much power, but I really enjoy the car. The riding comfort is great. the car rides very smoothly, however it is a little noisy. However the car is not as hot rough riding as its predecessors. Interior design is not bad and there is enough storage room for most items. There are some minor things that could have been done a little differently, but they are very minor. The exterior of the car is beautiful, a true American sports car, we can all be proud of. Gas mileage is great, I get 22 in the city and 30+ on the hwy. So far, quality and reliability are very good. Only one problem which has been corrected.

2007 C6 Coupe
By jc71251 on 01/26/08 15:22 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I traded a 2004 350Z on this car. I also drove a Porsche Cayman S before purchasing. The Corvette has unmatched acceleration, but is not as "toss-able" in corners as the Z or Porsche. I am very please with the car and use it as my daily driver in all seasons except the winter.

5th Corvette and the best yet
By Dan Jarvie on 01/22/08 06:29 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 5th Corvette and, while everyone buys a Corvette for performance, this one has a great ride and gets excellent mileage. It's one year old and nearly perfect from all points of view. Museum pickup is highly recommended for the experience and perhaps better quality assurance as they thoroughly check out the vehicle.

A Disappointment
By 007vette on 12/03/07 12:41 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

After waiting 40 years to finally get the boyhood dream, I purchased an '07 Corvette only to find out the name went on before the quality went as the quality never made it. The car is great looking, runs great and is fun to drive, but the drive components and rear end are junk, whenever I turn or start out it is if I were going over bumps in the road, I took it back and the dealer simple lubed the rear end, this worked until the lube wore and the problem reappeared again. On the second trip it was found that a tech bulletin had been generated for the problem and the dealer replaced the friction pads,this didn't cure the problems.I am getting rid of it after this. No more American cars for me

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.