2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2007 Corvette Consumer Reviews

Z06 7.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (23 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

Amazing bang for the buck, especially used
By tracknut

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Found my Lemans Blue 07 Z with 4400 miles on it in 09, certified dealer in Idaho. Searched long time for this rare color, bought it sight unseen had it shipped to SoCal. Never looked back, have 18k on it now, probably 3-4k of that is on the track, only place to actually use this car the way it was meant to be used. Great Car! Upgraded oil sump to that of 09 models, but besides that the car is basically stock, and runs great on the street and track. I have a great mechanic that keeps it maintained so that helps. But very reliable car. Would recommend in a minute, especially to anyone wanting to experiment with some HPDE track days. Just have the heads checked! (see below)

Favorite Features

427 LS7, 505 HP, practically a race car out of the factory, Incredible power, decent comfort, great handling, amazing gas mileage 27mpg on hi-way) ... well, that's in 6th gear with my foot out of it!, Great Vette look, relatively cheap and easy to maintain (until you need tires and brake pads, which is a lot if you track it!). It's certainly not in the 'exotic' category, but hey, I paid 50k for this car... not expecting it to be! It's a two seat sports car, with the emphasis on SPORTS.

Suggested Improvements

427 LS7 ... Better QC on the engine building.. these things have a possible design flaw, bad parts, or lack of QC, as some of them are blowing up (dropping valves), and not only on the track. Do your research if you want one... Lots of folks are redoing the heads after warranty. My valve clearance has been checked and all good. Most of the desired improvements have been met in the new C7. Waiting to see if the new ZO6(7) will debut in Detroit in Jan. '14 as rumored... drooling.... oh yeah.. hope they at least have 'auto up' on the P.Windows now... can't believe mine doesn't!

Corvette Z06
By Marc Medrano

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car has an awesome acceleration that needs to be respected. A fun car to drive. However the interior starts to heat up from the engine and transmission. Chevrolet should have used better or more insulation. The manual transmission is spongy. This car eggs you to go fast. MPG in city is 14.5 and HWY is at 24.5. Interior quality is poor(lots of plastic). Nav is a nice touch but no bluetooth connectivity. You need to subscribe to Onstar cell plan to use the hands free phone. No lumbar support on the seats. One needs to shut the rear hatch hard to close. Resale value stinks. Better off buying a used z06 with pampered miles.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, mileage, fun to drive, gets lots of attention, cargo capacity for a sports car.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior insulation, lumbar support in seats, to plastic of an interior (could use better materials), automatic motor to close rear hatch.

Great Super Car
By Runeman

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great super car! I have owned 2 Porsches, 2 Caddys, 6 Marks, 1 Infinity, 6 Vettes and many others. This is the absolutely the best and greatest experience of all! Awesome acceleration, superb handling, good comfort, excellent reliability and good gas mileage. It's all I expect from a car and it's made in America.

Awesome
By Lou c

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

You simply cannot go wrong. I have owned 7 Corvettes. Every model from C- 1 to C-6 are beautiful. But the ZO6 is simply one of the best cars ever made. It has stunning looks and great performance. Cannot park or drive it without people commenting on it's beauty. This car is second to none.

Favorite Features

Performance and looks, what else can one ask for.

Suggested Improvements

Fit/finish can improve.

Fantastic All American Sportscar
By Wayne F

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned this vehicle now for a year and have had nothing but a phenomenal experience. The car is quiet, handles superb and had the power to keep things interesting always. I ways amazed at getting 26.8 mpg on a trip back from Kentucky. Great to have an all American Sportscar available that can perform with the best of them. The storage in the back is great for road trips. No regrets on purchase of my first Corvette!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Incredible exhaust note. Quiet interior.

Suggested Improvements

Steering on the 2007 somewhat stiff at highway speeds. Corrected in 2008

Bang for the buck
By RoyS

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I had owned and enjoyed a 2003 Z06, but the 2007 is basically the same curb weight with 100 more hp. The car must be driven with respect for its capabilities. I do 2-3 HPDE events a year with it. The coupe design allows a lot of luggage space. On a road trip of nearly 2000 miles using the AC over half the time, the car got 27.5 mpg.

Favorite Features

Tremendous acceleration, non-invasive stability control, strong brakes, good handling. Power windows that raise and lower slightly for a good seal on opening and closing the doors.

Suggested Improvements

The weakest part of the car is probably its clutch. The prodigous torque can easily overpower it. The runflat tires will heat up and pressure up on a track.

Convinced!
By Convinced!

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first GM product. I am a self-described Mustang nut. My last vehicle was a 2004 SVT Cobra vert Mystichrome package. I have been critical of Vettes since the late 1970s. My last Cobra impressed on me, again, how uninspired contemporary Vettes were. Then the Z06 came out. After test driving a used 2006 model, I was smitten! We bought our Z06 on June 30, 2007. I am convinced and converted from Ford "faithfulness." This is the performance car for under $100,000.00!

Favorite Features

Fast, fun, well mannered in town, fast, fun, handles fantastically, fast, fun, head turner, comfortable, heads-up-display,

Suggested Improvements

Free performance upgrades? Seriously, the exhaust sounds wimpy for a 505 hp car!

Screamin Machine
By John Connally

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Incredible acceleration. Good engine sound, handles like a big go cart. Nice interior. By far, the quickest car I've ever driven, and I've driven some fast ones. Reminds me of the song, "The Best is Yet to Come-...you think you've flown before, but babe, you ain't left the ground."

Favorite Features

Great sound system, GPS, nice seats, AC works great.

Suggested Improvements

Interior could be a bit nicer, which I think they've done in 2008. Also, I wish I had an iPod jack, which the new one has.

I Own One
By fredolivo

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The first time I drove my ZO6 Corvette i could not get over the extreme acceleration, braking and handling the ZO6 produces. The comfort and beauty of this precision machine is definetely and finally considered in my book a super sports car. Way to go Chevy!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is that they finally got rid of the flip headlights. The new headlights give it a sleaker and an impressive front end look. Also love the fender flares given it a European look. Outstanding Chevy engineers!

Suggested Improvements

My only suggestion is a scoop on the hood to improve cooling, air intake and of course the scoop will give it a bit more " I mean business" appearance.

Awesome Machine!
By vette_man

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The new Corvette Z06 is the fastest car I have ever driven. Its heart stopping acceleration is astonishing! I found that the 6 speed gear box feel like it belongs in a truck. The clutch is also very hard to push and you will get a sore leg after awhile. Otherwise...I loveit! The exhaust sounds like the good old American muscle that I have been used to. Awesome brakes, handling is great, and most of all, great engine! The car turns heads because of its awsome design. My car is victory red. Red looks the best on this car. Fun car to drive. There is no car on the road that even think of racing you and your car, you look at them and laugh. The best thing is...power!

Favorite Features

505 HP engine. OnStar. Nicer rims. Bigger brakes compared to the normal coupe. Nice stereo

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the leaf suspension at the rear