2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
A decent car
By antwoine on 02/17/13 09:42 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is actually my second Corvette. I love the performance and the sleek lines of the exterior. The exterior, however, leave much to be desired. The hard plastic isn't so attractive. The roof also creaks and squeaks in the heat. That becomes annoying after driving on bumpy roads and long stretches. The C6 model also has a pretty badly-designed harmonic balancer. It's been a known design flaw for at least a few years now.

Never Again
By lowdwn on 07/29/10 13:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

If I would have only known the car would be worth a 3rd of my purchase price after 3 yrs of ownership and 15,000k, I would have never bought it. The build quality makes my Wonder why and how gm is still alive. But hey, the next guy who gets the car for next to nothing sure won't have much to complain about.

Falling apart
By Skydive1954 on 07/13/09 10:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This corvette has been a nightmare. The first thing was the top creaks when hot and has been to the shop 4 times and still not fixed. Both front sway bar links had to be replaced and the entire rack and pinion. The drivers bottom seat panel has to be replaced and the battery has been replaced. The problems just keep mounting and for a car that costs this much I would have expected better quality.

2007 Z51 Manual (bad fit and finish)
By sir vettealot on 05/28/09 13:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Donít get me wrong the car is so much fun to drive and looks great but the interior quality is very bad and does not compare to any German or Japanese carsí quality. It feels a little cheap. My friend drives a 2008 BMW M3 which is comparable to the vette in power and price but the interior quality on the beemer is much better than my corvette for the same price. Some of my interior trim is coming off and the car is still under warranty.

Wow
By Chet on 02/06/09 19:56 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This was my seventh Vette purchase. What a blast. There is no comparing this car after 20 months of ownership to any of my previous Vettes. What more can I say. I'll leave it at wow.

Great 2007 C6
By oldsuperdave on 01/12/09 20:45 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first GM car in 25 years. It's a 2007 coupe with 6M Z51 2LT with about 14K miles. It's a dream come true. GM has really put together a great combination of performance, practicality, and efficiency. Performance in every aspect will make you forget your troubles for awhile when driving. I'm pleasantly suprised at the effecient engine compartment layout as well as the well placed traditional interior controls, right where they should be. The interior, while good, could use a few improvements. However, overall, this is a great car. Only a slight roof sqeak and a differental noise, both corrected with known fixes.

Still Fun 50 years later
By Rick Roma on 01/12/09 16:34 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My first Corvette was a 1957 that I sold in 1979 to buy my Home. I now have a new 2007 Coupe that was worth waiting for. It looks and drives just the way I want it to. Just enough power to get in trouble with. I drive the Corvette to work in good weather. It's the best feeling to drive a car that you love, even if it's just to work. Jay Leno said it best; "if you don't like the interior, buy a nice Dinette set."

Best Vett Yet
By Robert on 01/03/09 18:20 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned Corvettes since my first in 1974. I bought it new upon my return from Vietnam. I traded my 2004 in on this one and it is by far the best one I have owned. My next one may be the new ZR1 that just came out, but I am not sure.

Trim / Molding Windows and Differential
By Roy on 11/26/08 20:42 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I guess I can start by saying this car is my mid-life crisis car, anyway the car performs everytime time I put my foot into. It fires like a bullet, no complaints for power, but there are some other problems so beware. My vehicle has had molding on the driver & passengers side replace twice for peeling. Front windshield crack and replaced due to body stress as descibe in my documentation. Rear differential went out grining noise when backing up or going around curves. Dealer wants to add rear differential TSB-additive waste of time. My passenger door has a continous rattle in the center of the panel with very little volume on speakers. GM fix is adding foam to interior of door, doesn't work.

Reliability 07 Vette
By 07Reliability on 11/25/08 22:37 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Reliability is not there. Electrical system drains battery so car will not start if car is left parked for more than 10 days. So many things on this car are attached to the battery--it does nothing but kill battery. Try taking this car to the airport and come back 2 weeks later and see what happens. When you're not driving for even short periods in must be plugged in to a charger. Dealer says all is working properly-- even the car manual says battery will not last more than 25 days?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.