2007 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Amazing bang for the buck, especially used
By tracknut on 10/08/13 00:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Found my Lemans Blue 07 Z with 4400 miles on it in 09, certified dealer in Idaho. Searched long time for this rare color, bought it sight unseen had it shipped to SoCal. Never looked back, have 18k on it now, probably 3-4k of that is on the track, only place to actually use this car the way it was meant to be used. Great Car! Upgraded oil sump to that of 09 models, but besides that the car is basically stock, and runs great on the street and track. I have a great mechanic that keeps it maintained so that helps. But very reliable car. Would recommend in a minute, especially to anyone wanting to experiment with some HPDE track days. Just have the heads checked! (see below)

A decent car
By antwoine on 02/17/13 09:42 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is actually my second Corvette. I love the performance and the sleek lines of the exterior. The exterior, however, leave much to be desired. The hard plastic isn't so attractive. The roof also creaks and squeaks in the heat. That becomes annoying after driving on bumpy roads and long stretches. The C6 model also has a pretty badly-designed harmonic balancer. It's been a known design flaw for at least a few years now.

Never Again
By lowdwn on 07/29/10 13:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

If I would have only known the car would be worth a 3rd of my purchase price after 3 yrs of ownership and 15,000k, I would have never bought it. The build quality makes my Wonder why and how gm is still alive. But hey, the next guy who gets the car for next to nothing sure won't have much to complain about.

You'd Be Surprised!
By rcarter20 on 12/11/09 14:19 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my Vette used, with 25K miles. For a driving machine you would have to spend a lot more to better this car. Fast, great handling, reliable all what you expect. But what surprised me was that on long highway road trips I got 30 MPG averaging 75 MPH. My wife's 1.8L turbo VW Jetta doesn't get that. But then my BMW 540 beat her car in road mileage. I average 22 MPG with 50/50 intown/highway around Atlanta. This vehicle is great! The number of vehicles that are faster you can count on your fingers and cost twice the Vette's new retail!

Corvette Z06
By Marc Medrano on 11/10/09 08:25 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car has an awesome acceleration that needs to be respected. A fun car to drive. However the interior starts to heat up from the engine and transmission. Chevrolet should have used better or more insulation. The manual transmission is spongy. This car eggs you to go fast. MPG in city is 14.5 and HWY is at 24.5. Interior quality is poor(lots of plastic). Nav is a nice touch but no bluetooth connectivity. You need to subscribe to Onstar cell plan to use the hands free phone. No lumbar support on the seats. One needs to shut the rear hatch hard to close. Resale value stinks. Better off buying a used z06 with pampered miles.

Falling apart
By Skydive1954 on 07/13/09 10:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This corvette has been a nightmare. The first thing was the top creaks when hot and has been to the shop 4 times and still not fixed. Both front sway bar links had to be replaced and the entire rack and pinion. The drivers bottom seat panel has to be replaced and the battery has been replaced. The problems just keep mounting and for a car that costs this much I would have expected better quality.

2007 Z51 Manual (bad fit and finish)
By sir vettealot on 05/28/09 13:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Donít get me wrong the car is so much fun to drive and looks great but the interior quality is very bad and does not compare to any German or Japanese carsí quality. It feels a little cheap. My friend drives a 2008 BMW M3 which is comparable to the vette in power and price but the interior quality on the beemer is much better than my corvette for the same price. Some of my interior trim is coming off and the car is still under warranty.

Wow
By Chet on 02/06/09 19:56 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This was my seventh Vette purchase. What a blast. There is no comparing this car after 20 months of ownership to any of my previous Vettes. What more can I say. I'll leave it at wow.

Great 2007 C6
By oldsuperdave on 01/12/09 20:45 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first GM car in 25 years. It's a 2007 coupe with 6M Z51 2LT with about 14K miles. It's a dream come true. GM has really put together a great combination of performance, practicality, and efficiency. Performance in every aspect will make you forget your troubles for awhile when driving. I'm pleasantly suprised at the effecient engine compartment layout as well as the well placed traditional interior controls, right where they should be. The interior, while good, could use a few improvements. However, overall, this is a great car. Only a slight roof sqeak and a differental noise, both corrected with known fixes.

Still Fun 50 years later
By Rick Roma on 01/12/09 16:34 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My first Corvette was a 1957 that I sold in 1979 to buy my Home. I now have a new 2007 Coupe that was worth waiting for. It looks and drives just the way I want it to. Just enough power to get in trouble with. I drive the Corvette to work in good weather. It's the best feeling to drive a car that you love, even if it's just to work. Jay Leno said it best; "if you don't like the interior, buy a nice Dinette set."

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.