Used 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

68 Vett When we got married 07 Vett 40 yrs later
By Anthony

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Buy a Battery Tender , GM Should have had one on the car , The Key fob is kind of funky , Garage door openers , Cell Phones , Sent in to the Twilight Zone , Other than that Its a Great Car , I am 6ft 3 , a lot of leg room , 68 vette was 1/4 mile fast ,07 is fast and quick as Far as You want to GO !

Amazing bang for the buck, especially used
By tracknut

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Found my Lemans Blue 07 Z with 4400 miles on it in 09, certified dealer in Idaho. Searched long time for this rare color, bought it sight unseen had it shipped to SoCal. Never looked back, have 18k on it now, probably 3-4k of that is on the track, only place to actually use this car the way it was meant to be used. Great Car! Upgraded oil sump to that of 09 models, but besides that the car is basically stock, and runs great on the street and track. I have a great mechanic that keeps it maintained so that helps. But very reliable car. Would recommend in a minute, especially to anyone wanting to experiment with some HPDE track days. Just have the heads checked! (see below)

427 LS7, 505 HP, practically a race car out of the factory, Incredible power, decent comfort, great handling, amazing gas mileage 27mpg on hi-way) ... well, that's in 6th gear with my foot out of it!, Great Vette look, relatively cheap and easy to maintain (until you need tires and brake pads, which is a lot if you track it!). It's certainly not in the 'exotic' category, but hey, I paid 50k for this car... not expecting it to be! It's a two seat sports car, with the emphasis on SPORTS.

427 LS7 ... Better QC on the engine building.. these things have a possible design flaw, bad parts, or lack of QC, as some of them are blowing up (dropping valves), and not only on the track. Do your research if you want one... Lots of folks are redoing the heads after warranty. My valve clearance has been checked and all good. Most of the desired improvements have been met in the new C7. Waiting to see if the new ZO6(7) will debut in Detroit in Jan. '14 as rumored... drooling.... oh yeah.. hope they at least have 'auto up' on the P.Windows now... can't believe mine doesn't!

A decent car
By antwoine

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is actually my second Corvette. I love the performance and the sleek lines of the exterior. The exterior, however, leave much to be desired. The hard plastic isn't so attractive. The roof also creaks and squeaks in the heat. That becomes annoying after driving on bumpy roads and long stretches. The C6 model also has a pretty badly-designed harmonic balancer. It's been a known design flaw for at least a few years now.

My favorite features are the heads up display and the Bose stereo.

Build a better and more sturdier interior. Also, design a better harmonic balancer.

Never Again
By lowdwn

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

If I would have only known the car would be worth a 3rd of my purchase price after 3 yrs of ownership and 15,000k, I would have never bought it. The build quality makes my Wonder why and how gm is still alive. But hey, the next guy who gets the car for next to nothing sure won't have much to complain about.

I Love the rattles and squeaks! Oh and the suspension creaking-- Reminds me of my 94 F-Body!

GM should just call it quits

You'd Be Surprised!
By rcarter20

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my Vette used, with 25K miles. For a driving machine you would have to spend a lot more to better this car. Fast, great handling, reliable all what you expect. But what surprised me was that on long highway road trips I got 30 MPG averaging 75 MPH. My wife's 1.8L turbo VW Jetta doesn't get that. But then my BMW 540 beat her car in road mileage. I average 22 MPG with 50/50 intown/highway around Atlanta. This vehicle is great! The number of vehicles that are faster you can count on your fingers and cost twice the Vette's new retail!

Runs like a scalded dog, stops like a brick and swoops around corners like it is glued to the road! Practical fun anywhere.

Expandable trunk? Get rid of EMTs.