2006 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: Unreal

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

Z06 Coupe (7.0L V8 6-speed Manual)

Unreal
By ELEANOR on

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

What an experience! Just picking up this beauty at the dealership was an experience. Had to go to NY to get this baby, was too much over list here in Miami. Drove car straight through overnight back to Miami from NY to avoid snowstorm. This is the car I have been waiting for my whole life. Had the 1969 427 with trips - brand new when I was young. What a difference between a 69 with the SAME 7 liter displacement and this new beauty. Don't know how they got the mileage from this new LS7 engine, remember very POOR mileage on my first Vette. Got so many stares and looks and the SOUND is INCREDIBLE! Every stop during trip home, found people standing around admiring the car. SOOOOO HAPPY!

Favorite Features

Think single best feature is the heads up display. Also love the new seats, very comfortable. Love the looks, handling, and the new Daytona Sunset Orange Metalic color is beautiful. Great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Only improvement I would like to see is radio control on the steering wheel. It's VERY convenient as far as the controls, but would still prefer having NOT to take hands off the wheel to adjust volume on radio.