2006 Chevrolet Corvette 7.0L V8 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - The Affordable Supercar

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

Z06 Coupe (7.0L V8 6-speed Manual)

The Affordable Supercar
By BikerJoe on

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The Z06 is truly a supercar that not only performs as well as cars costing hundreds of thousands, but beats most of them on the track and around town. I demand performance and drive mine fairly hard. My Z06 never lets me down, whether zipping through the curvy mountain roads at insane speeds or in stoplight to stoplight g-force fun. Also, I don't know where the mpg rating comes from in this listing, but I never get lower than 21-22 mpg average for a tank, and I get about 28-29 while cruising the highways at 74 mph. On a recent trip to Kentucky, I drove for 1200 miles and averaged 25 mpg, even though they were very mostly hard-driven miles. Interior is only okay. Build quality is awful.

Favorite Features

Performance, engineering, racecar that is daily drivable. The engineers deserve real credit and kudos. The assembly plant people should be ashamed of themselves for the horrible build quality. They cause a reliability shadow to be cast over what should be known as the best car in the world.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality - horrible - my roof flew off at highway speeds. Been to the assembly plant and saw why - worst I've seen and I've seen many. They should visit the Toyota plant 1.5 hours away to learn how to manufacture cars. CD is the worst I've seen - functions like an old cassette player.