2006 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: Problems with owning an '06 Z0

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

Problems with owning an '06 Z06 Corvette
By alenatasevich1 on

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have had nothing but problems with this car. Starter needs replacing. I had on road assistance called twice because the car didn't start. 2 & 1/2 months of owning this car and I'm informed that the "engine is cracked". I speak with mechanics & the dealership and I'm informed that this happened on installation at the factory as there was overtorquing that cracked the lower engine block. I was shown the problem visually. It's as clear as day which is another testimony to GM's & Chevrolet's quality control which is anything but. Nevertheless, they refuse to replace the car although its obvious that the car was delivered defective. GM is willing to replace the engine.

I have trouble seeing any favorite features as my focus has been on the problems I'm having with this car.

GM & Chevrolet needs to focus on the quality of the product, but more importantly on the proper treatment of their customers. I know of at least 3 situations where a Porsche 911, a BMW M3, and a Honda with similar or more minor problems was replaced WITHOUT any headaches or issues.