2006 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: C-6 vs SL55 - had both, kept C

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (6.0L V8 6-speed Manual)

C-6 vs SL55 - had both, kept C-6
By PHIL on

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Corvette ,2 C-5's & now C-6. This is one high quality, comfortable, high performance machine. I did not get the nav system although I here it is very good. Until I sold it a few weeks ago, I also had a Mercedes SL55. Feature for feature, the C-6 can match the SL55 and while it is not as smooth or quite, it is actually more comfortable. I sold the SL55. Lost the status, but not the pleasure [I drove my C-5 convertible 85% of the time and the SL just set in the garage. Fit and finish are excellent. Interior is improved but still needs to be improved. Overall, why would anybody buy a Porsche for twice the price.

Comfort, very fast, new 6-speed automatic. Incredible fuel ecomony for a 400 hp sports car. Features that are easy to use and pretty much match or exceed a Mercedes SL 55 and just as fast for $80K less.

Interior is improved but still notup to what it should be. Pretty much a sea of of black vinyl, although the leather seats have much better leather. Overall exterior design could be improved.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review