2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Senses Beware
By Brian on 03/13/06 22:21 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

With 300 miles on the odometer, I came to rest at a familiar intersection. I then proceeded to roll the left window down of my monterey red 2006 Corvette. As the window disappeared within the door, I stuck my head out and screamed...."Thank God for the engineers that created the Vette!" With the window now up and the light now green, the emotions of excitement, gratitude, and disbelief of how wonderful a car could be begins to build yet again. In short, unbelievable acceleration, comfort, exacting heritage and beauty is the 2006 Corvette. Definitely in a class all its own.

The Best Corvette I Ever Owned
By Kirby on 03/04/06 14:28 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 15th Corvette (first one, a '57, in 1959). It is without any question the best in every category. Performance is awesome, and my gas mileage is above the published values.

Best bang for the buck!
By Jamie V. on 03/03/06 06:54 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first Corvette. I have had a Viper, NSX, Lotus and many others and this is a first class sports car. With 400 hp and great design this is a winning combanation, and dont leave out quality and the reviews show it is very dependable. My next one with be a Z06! Thanks Chevy for a awesome car!

Over the top
By blemley on 03/02/06 08:39 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Z06. I must say that I have been very surprised by the level of quality in the whole car. Every feature has been tweaked, improved or replaced. The interior is top notched. Every surface feels better to the touch. Since this one is based on the coupe it will now will allow me to carry larger items in the back which is amazing for a super car. This car is very efficient, comfortable, fast, affordable and athletic. The list of exotic materials in this car is simply amazing. The powerplant is this car is built with incredible strength and ability. I drove other cars in its performace range but the Z06 out shines them overall.

Not bad
By Jim on 02/13/06 16:16 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

So far so good. It's my 3rd Vette and by far the best. The interior could use some upgrades in the trim areas , maybe some wood grain around the radio. It does get 28 mpg at 70 mph, city is a little less then expected but the same as my other Vettes mid 14 to 15. not bad for 400 horses.

Corvette C6- best all around
By vicred-C6 on 02/12/06 14:58 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I'm glad I decided to wait for the 2006. A very upgraded (sportier) steering wheel & interior improvements were needed. Other than those minor improvements, this car is in a leauge of its own. Nothing else will give this type of saticfaction on the road. World class performance at such a value when compared to the cars in its class(Porshe, Viper, Lotus, BMW). My victory red with red interior 6 sp., with the 3LT package is a perfect blend of performance, style and comfort. This is an everyday car that looks and performs better than anything else. Trust me-GO DRIVE ONE!!!

Problems with owning an '06 Z06 Corvette
By alenatasevich1 on 02/07/06 20:33 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have had nothing but problems with this car. Starter needs replacing. I had on road assistance called twice because the car didn't start. 2 & 1/2 months of owning this car and I'm informed that the "engine is cracked". I speak with mechanics & the dealership and I'm informed that this happened on installation at the factory as there was overtorquing that cracked the lower engine block. I was shown the problem visually. It's as clear as day which is another testimony to GM's & Chevrolet's quality control which is anything but. Nevertheless, they refuse to replace the car although its obvious that the car was delivered defective. GM is willing to replace the engine.

I'm Hooked!
By John on 02/02/06 12:54 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've finally been able to buy my first Vette! Now I'm hooked, and I know that there will always be one (or more) parked in my garage. The power, handling, versatility, comfort, styling, and stereo are simply an amazing combination. I'm still not used to the admiring stares from other drivers, and people saying "nice ride" in parking lots , etc. I'm 6'-5", and am happy to report that I fit very well in the coupe & convertible. Alas, the Z06 "real" hard top has frame struts that prevented me from fitting into my true desire. Oh well, I probably would've got mare tickets with that baby...

BMW To C6
By L Schaffer on 01/28/06 00:05 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Loved my BMW 330i, until I test drove the C6. I did 15 months of research, sold the BMW, and bought a 2LT Z51 6spd coupe. Have now had it 5 weeks and love everything about it. Went with the 2LT as wanted side air bags, but none of the gadgets (HUD, nav, heated seats, etc). Extreme torque down low and wicked handling - Far superior to my BMW and the M3's I have test driven. Fit and finish is also comparable to BMW and have thus far had no problems. Cargo capacity is HUGE - We do grocery shopping for 5 when kids are home from college. Insurance is very reasonable and comparable to BMW. Best bang for the buck sports car with capability to function as a daily driver. I love this car.

Fun car to own and drive
By vett owner on 01/20/06 18:48 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Just back from Florida and had a blast driving it. It's yellow so you can't miss it and it seems like everyone saw it both on the road and off. No matter where I stopped people walked over to look and ask questions.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.