Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

1st 'vette
By Ron

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had the car for about three months. At first I felt like I was driving a large sedan. After driving a Mercede SLK for 6 years the '06 Vette felt much bigger. Had to take a good look each time to remember it was a 2 seat sports car. Once I adjusted to the comfortable ride, I was able to grasp the power and the fantastic handling. Realy like the Vette and don't mis the Mercedes. I am not sorry in the least that I bought the car. Time will tell on reliability

The paddle shift is great once you adjust to it. Much better than tiptronic shifting.

Get rid of the ashtray and cup holders. Had to replace the ashtray because it kept popping open. Rather annoying, plus I don't smoke. The parking brake should be on the driver's side. My passenger keeps hitting her arm on it.

Dream Drive
By powrcat

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Baseball, hotdogs, apple pie, and Chevrolet! I love my Victory Red '06 Z-51 Convertible. I wash it, dry it, and could stare at it for hours. I have owned an M3, SL500, CLK55 AMG, and this Vette is by far the best of them all. It really is an American dream. I will own this car forever.

Paddle shift. The automatic transmission is a lot of fun to drive!

Better original equipment. Tires that last longer.

Second One
By Travis

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

What a great car, this is the second Corvette I have owned. The first was a C5. This is a great car to drive. Wow can it move and turn heads. Plus I get 27 miles a gallon going 80.

Styling, performance, and color.

My Blue ZO6
By My 5thvette

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car is one of the best beasts on the road. It rides like a Cadillac, but runs like a Ferrari. GMC -Chevrolet you guys have done a great job. The car runs, and runs. Handle great around the turns.

The interior with navigation is the best option anyone would want. The car is advanced for just a muscle car.

GMC stop the mark up on msrp, and just price the car right.

A great car!
By Bob

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I had a 2002 before purchasing the 2006. And while I liked the old one, there were a few little things that really annoyed me with it. The new one is really a great car! It has better quality interior, better ride/handling, nicer instrument panel, nicer closing doors, better fit and finish, less road noise, faster, the list goes on! Also, the new xenon headlights are great. I noticed the handling difference in the car (better) immediately leaving the dealer. I have the 6 spd manual. I took it on a 600 mile trip and got 31.4 MPG. I don't think there's another car made where you'll get this type of performance/mileage combination. I'm extremely happy with this one:)

I really like the xenon headlights, they are really bright ( 80% brighter than the old ones) and they aren't in your way like the old flip up ones were. Also, I got the chromed wheels which are really sharp.

The shifting that occasionally forces you to go from 1st to 4th is somewhat annoying, but you can live with it.

• SUV