2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Awesome Corvette
By Pat on 06/10/06 18:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Corvette. The overall quality is impressive, the performance and handling is world class and awesome. We recently completed a trip from WA. State to AZ and back, 28+ MPG, cruise set at 90+. Very comfortable on the long trip. I read comments by others giving a negative to the interior and I disagree. They need to look at the other cars out there and compare, I drove the Porsches, MB and BMW. This care is at least comparable in quality and fit, but far exceeds them in performance and value.

Wow! 505hp Super car
By Bob Burns on 05/26/06 15:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned fast cars, but this car is in the super fast class. What a fun car to drive everyday. Driving slow or fast this car will make you very happy. If you can find one.....Buy it!

Ron's Z06
By CorvetteRon on 05/26/06 14:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

My Velocity Yellow 2006 ZO6 is my 14th Corvette and is the best of the group by far. I owned a couple of ZR1s and 3 Z06s and there is no comparison to this beast. Chevy keeps improving the Vette with each generation and each model year. The car is as tame or as wild as you want it to be. It is great around town or on the road.

Best yet!
By SAJ on 05/25/06 11:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my fifth Corvette and is the best yet. With magnetic ride control, it corners perfectly flat and yet the ride is extremely smooth. Acceleration is almost frightening and yet I've gotten 29 mpg on the open road. Interior quality, an issue in the 97, has been upgraded significantly. And there's something about the sound of the engine when starting the car that none of the older Corvettes had: it has a low growl that reaches a place in your soul.

My First Vette
By MIke on 05/19/06 10:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought an '06 Coupe, blue/tan, 3LT, nav, magnetic suspension, dual roof, paddle shift. I've put about 500 miles on it, and it is a fantastic car. A few minor faults - small rattle here & there, cowl shakes a little with the roof off, etc. No major problems at all. Nav system is terrific. Mag shocks are great. Paddle shift is a little tough - the Italians do a much better job at it. For the money, it is the best "super" car out there. Don't buy a Z06 - adds $20k, way too bouncy, noisy, & hot. Porsche? I've owned them - a lot more money & only marginally better on build quality. Italians? Same thing. Save your money & get a Vette.

Two Months with a New Corvette
By aproforoyou on 05/17/06 17:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I should have made this purchase several years ago. The power is awesome, yet tractable, and the fit and finish is much better than most true sport cars. The transmission with the clutchless shifter is so quick that you need the headsup display before you run afoul of the law. Definitely an American value.

'06 Vette Convertible
By Bart on 05/16/06 09:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is a superb automobile. Very impressed with build quality and ride. Personally, I think the interior is excellent. Car is so fast it is almost scary! Handling is excellent. This is one sweet roadster!

A great sports car
By TJ Becker on 05/10/06 16:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This Corvette is by far the best sports car that I have ever owned. I have many things from a Porche to a Ferrari, but this tops them all. It has the perfect amount of manuvuability and performance to satisfy anyone's needs. It is the ultimate sports car. I would recommend it to everyone.

My fourth Corvette and best
By Bill on 04/24/06 11:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the ultimate Corvette. I had an '03 Z06 which was nice but couldn't hold a candle to the 427 rocket.The folks at Chevy have given us a vehicle that I don't mind paying sticker for. This is the "baddest" Vette ever. I can't say enough nice things about this car. My wife thinks this car is to powerful. Keep it comming Chevrolet.

Super Car by Anyone's Definition
By Chip Cochran on 04/22/06 15:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car is unbelievable! One stomp on the gas at 3,500rpm or higher is the thrill of a lifetime - under 3,500 - fun and tame! Great gas mileage and the power is extreme if you demand it. Fabulous build quality and design. I have never had a car I enjoyed more. I will keep this the rest of my life as a weekend fun machine. Can't believe I actually got one - 2nd one my dealer got. Only waited 7 months.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.