Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

No Regrets!
By jdmdzk

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Usually with significant purchases of any kind there is at least a little "Buyer's Remorse". There is absolutely none regarding our 2006 Vette. I would buy a second one if I could talk my wife into it!

Aggresive but very clean exterior body style. XM radio. HUD. The "looks" and "comments" our '06 Vette receives from people whom we don't know is absolutely cool.

Beef up Bose speakers or better align the amp watts with what the speakers will support. I have a right rear speaker that is already rattling because I like it loud when going down the highway with the targa top off. Isn't that one of the many reasons for buying a Vette ;-)

Where's the fun?
By DGP123

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

A great car in every sense but difficult to find the "fun quotient". The paddle shifter is not nearly responsive enough. There is a definite lag between gears when upshifting. Downshifting is better but not great. I regret having a vehicle with 400 foot lbs of torque that will not lay rubber in any gear. Perhaps the standard transmission is more responsive. To date I have not found a place to drive this car to its limits. I would dearly love to have access to a track where I could test the advertised top end of 186 mph but alas that is not the case. It's not nimble enough to drive in the canyons and the run flat tires are a disaster - a lotus would be better. I waited a lifetime but.

Great power at a price.

More responsive paddle shifter. Lags between shifts are annoying. Regular speed rated tires not run flats.

The Last Vette I will ever own
By JefftheGreat

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2006 C6 in July. Two weeks ago the rooftop flew off while I was driving on the freeway. I waited for 6 weeks for a replacement rooftop, and could only get it expedited - once the accident happened. Chevy Cust Serv - useless. They did nothing to care of me. Because of the defective roof panel, I requested a glass rooftop at no cost be installed - GM said no. This is my 2nd Vette and will be my last. Be prepared for a huge dissapointment when this car breaks down - and it will. The last American car I will ever own.

You will like the speed, forget about anything else.

Pay more attention to the customer. If your gonna spend $55k on a car, save yourself grief and spend it elsewhere.

Great car but...
By Tom Beames

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Awesome performance but having problems with shifting from 2nd-3rd and 1st-2nd. Seems as though shifting linkage is not lined up. Some body work needed to be done by dealer. Poor alignment of right front fender, headlight, wheel well liner, etc. There also is a very noticable "mold" seam in left rear fender. Dealer wanted to buff it out and repaint. I said no. Lots of minor paint imperfections. Car is black so it shows everything. But, Lord it is fun!

Runs like a scalded dog. Very quick, very fast. I wondered if there was much difference between my C6 and my C6 ZO6. The answer is "YUP".

Pay more arrention to detail. Raise the price some if necessary but get it right the first time.

Love My ZO6
By Big Gar

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first Vette.It is truly unbelievable. It cruises the highways smoothly with no effort at all, then downshift and hold on it is gone. MPG is great, as I have made several long trips and averaged 26.7 mpg. Who needs a hybrid? The heat of the center console is tolerable for a while, then move your leg, just too hot. The faster I went in this rocket the better the handling felt. Taking mountain roads with signs saying 25 mph or 35 mph on tight curves and even hairpins at twice that speed was nothing for this car. Have had two other makes of American built so called rockets back down from this car.

The exhilirating speed and handling. Overall looks. It's a head turner. The milage it gets.

Change the small wing on the trunk lid. Improve the insulation around the center console.