Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Second One
By Travis

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

What a great car, this is the second Corvette I have owned. The first was a C5. This is a great car to drive. Wow can it move and turn heads. Plus I get 27 miles a gallon going 80.

Favorite Features

Styling, performance, and color.

A great car!
By Bob

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I had a 2002 before purchasing the 2006. And while I liked the old one, there were a few little things that really annoyed me with it. The new one is really a great car! It has better quality interior, better ride/handling, nicer instrument panel, nicer closing doors, better fit and finish, less road noise, faster, the list goes on! Also, the new xenon headlights are great. I noticed the handling difference in the car (better) immediately leaving the dealer. I have the 6 spd manual. I took it on a 600 mile trip and got 31.4 MPG. I don't think there's another car made where you'll get this type of performance/mileage combination. I'm extremely happy with this one:)

Favorite Features

I really like the xenon headlights, they are really bright ( 80% brighter than the old ones) and they aren't in your way like the old flip up ones were. Also, I got the chromed wheels which are really sharp.

Suggested Improvements

The shifting that occasionally forces you to go from 1st to 4th is somewhat annoying, but you can live with it.

Sweet Action
By Jeffthegreat

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had this C6 for 5 days now. It is my 2nd Vette, and im so glad to be back in one. I traded in an '06 BMW 330i which was really beyond boring. While practical I just had no fun it. The heads up display, the seats, the obnoxious roar of the engine - cannot be topped by any other manufacturer. The only complaint I have is with the cheap plastic interior. Come on Chevy, get rid of it. The pick up on this beast is beyond anything I expected. The C5 I had was really powerful and fast, this one blows it away. If you're looking for an exciting car, something to put a smile on your face...get one! You will not regret it.

Favorite Features

The heads up display is awesome! The seats are out of this world comfortable. Its like driving while sitting in a lazy boy!! BMW has very comfortable seats. The C6 seats are simply in another league. The engine and sound of the exhaust..eye/ear candy. The slick new design..beautifully done

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the plastic. I paid $10k less for the 06 330i I had - there was hardly a lick of plastic in it. For a $55k car - plastic should not be visible. Plan more leather and wood trim interior. Please for the love of God include Corvette Floormats with a new car purchase. The standard ones stink

1 BAD 3LT C-6
By 1BAD C6

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Always wanted a Corvette. When the C6 came out to play I knew it was time to get one. From the test drive we were sold. Not many new cars off the assembly line have the performance, handling and comfort that the new corvettes have.We ordered ours with the Z-51 package. All my friends said it would ride rough. To theirs and our surprise it rides smoother than we expected. The creature features in the interior will keep you busy for a few hours trying to learn and remember. The exterior? What can you say? I call it Eye Candy. It looks so good!! Come on guys and gals we have 400 ponies to feed - don't expect to get 35 mpg. Remember you have to pay to play, OH what fun. We love it!!

Favorite Features

The whole vehicle!

Suggested Improvements

More low end rumble out the pipes. The Corvette emblem on both seat head rests would be nice. Maybe a Z-06 look alike package. (Front air intake scoop, side rear brake cooling vents.)

Disappointed
By Pedro

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I live in South Florida and had a black 99 C5 which I traded for this silver coupe with paddle shift, onstar, heads up display navigation and the Z51 racing package. The car gets lots of looks and has great accelerating power. One of the reasons for trading my old C5 was the top which at times leaked during very strong thunderstorms but to my surprise driving my new 2006 vette on the Florida Turnpike at high speed my roof peeled off and I was very lucky the roof flew high and swerved right into a ditch without hurting any of the drivers behind me. It is a shame that in a 56k dollars automobile we find such a poor quality. I will trade this vehicle primarily for safety reasons.

Favorite Features

The touch screen radio is pretty good in combination with the heads up display

Suggested Improvements

The top needs to be fixed, very dangerous! One incident like mine is one too many. Also the dash and the door panels need better quality materials. the door handles are rubber made and scratch easily if you wear a ring, hurting the car resale value.