Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

No Regrets!
By jdmdzk

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Usually with significant purchases of any kind there is at least a little "Buyer's Remorse". There is absolutely none regarding our 2006 Vette. I would buy a second one if I could talk my wife into it!

Favorite Features

Aggresive but very clean exterior body style. XM radio. HUD. The "looks" and "comments" our '06 Vette receives from people whom we don't know is absolutely cool.

Suggested Improvements

Beef up Bose speakers or better align the amp watts with what the speakers will support. I have a right rear speaker that is already rattling because I like it loud when going down the highway with the targa top off. Isn't that one of the many reasons for buying a Vette ;-)

Power for the Daily Drive
By deacon

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Car has had no problems other than the removable roof panel that GM replaced at no charge. The car gets abour 23 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the freeway with comfort, power, and style. It has handled the dust and heat of the Arizona summers (the A?C works very quickly even in 110 degrees). Great daily driver.

Favorite Features

The powerful engine, great gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Replace the stock Goodyear tires with a better quailty tire like Michelin.

sexy vette
By Kathy

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My vette is sexy but I do believe it is not worth the asking price if you were to buy it new. I am having issues with the rubber molding and some electrical. If you buy a 2006 vette today (summer 2009) you will get a good deal on a pretty darn sexy car! It is fast enough to get out of anyones way because other cars do not see you very well. I did spin out one night turning on a left arrow to fast, ended up facing the same way I just came from! That was a little scary and could have been the end for the vette but the traffic was minor, I am sure I gave then a show! My back window is tinted which makes it look really nice with the tinted roof glass but the visual is not great.

Favorite Features

The looks...need I say more? Any Corvette owner will tell you, this car is hard to beat! It is a looker! Dude magnet, in my case!

Suggested Improvements

better molding, smoother ride, better sound system, lower the price of replacement parts and maintenance, it is pretty expensive to keep this care running perfect.

Only 1 Regret...
By Joey G

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

can't afford the ZR1... yet. i've had the car for over 3 years and approaching 50K miles and aside from the noisy roof, clutch pack replacement for the "diff," leaking water pump and dead battery - all taken care of during the warranty period - this car is solid as a rock! It's my DD - still enjoy driving it as well as looking at it in the garage.

Favorite Features

Z51 package, 6sp. 2LT... Nothing bothers me about this car. For the money, i got exactly what i expected: fast unadulterated FUN.

Suggested Improvements

Just One: never discontinue this model.

C6 Corvette Coupe
By Volocty

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my car now for almost 2 years and it is hands down the most exciting car I've ever owned. Power, style, and even the fuel mileage is fantastic. We just came back from a 3400 mile road trip, avg 27.2 mpg, it was so comfortable, no complaints. Passing power & it drives like it's on rails. The coupe offers the best of both worlds, as the roof comes off and stows in the back, when ever you're craving a little wind in your hair. I have the 6spd Auto w/Paddle shiffting and we used it aevery time we came across some twisty roads. I can't wait for the next road trip... (yeah I'm still smiling)

Favorite Features

Power w/fuel mileage that is unbelievable. 6Spd Auto trans. Styling is just hot!

Suggested Improvements

Better sound system. Corvette logo stiched on the seats would be nice too.