2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
My First Vette
By MIke on 05/19/06 10:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought an '06 Coupe, blue/tan, 3LT, nav, magnetic suspension, dual roof, paddle shift. I've put about 500 miles on it, and it is a fantastic car. A few minor faults - small rattle here & there, cowl shakes a little with the roof off, etc. No major problems at all. Nav system is terrific. Mag shocks are great. Paddle shift is a little tough - the Italians do a much better job at it. For the money, it is the best "super" car out there. Don't buy a Z06 - adds $20k, way too bouncy, noisy, & hot. Porsche? I've owned them - a lot more money & only marginally better on build quality. Italians? Same thing. Save your money & get a Vette.

Two Months with a New Corvette
By aproforoyou on 05/17/06 17:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I should have made this purchase several years ago. The power is awesome, yet tractable, and the fit and finish is much better than most true sport cars. The transmission with the clutchless shifter is so quick that you need the headsup display before you run afoul of the law. Definitely an American value.

Great performance, not much else.
By Paul on 04/18/06 20:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

First Corvette, 42 years old, have wanted one since I was a kid. Have driven friends and relatives C3, C4, C5 Vettes but the C6 is of course the best to date. The positives: Awesome power and acceleration, great exterior styling. The negatives: poor build quality and realiability. Hard to get in and out of even at my age. Road noise premeates the cabin. Been to the dealer twice in four weeks of ownership; wipers stopped working/a wire got cut by the wiper assembly itself, popping sound from the rear. Both issues were fixed by the dealer. Great car for the $ in exchange for the performance and acceleration you get, overall quality is not there though.

C-6 vs SL55 - had both, kept C-6
By PHIL on 04/17/06 20:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Corvette ,2 C-5's & now C-6. This is one high quality, comfortable, high performance machine. I did not get the nav system although I here it is very good. Until I sold it a few weeks ago, I also had a Mercedes SL55. Feature for feature, the C-6 can match the SL55 and while it is not as smooth or quite, it is actually more comfortable. I sold the SL55. Lost the status, but not the pleasure [I drove my C-5 convertible 85% of the time and the SL just set in the garage. Fit and finish are excellent. Interior is improved but still needs to be improved. Overall, why would anybody buy a Porsche for twice the price.

1st Vette
By ted piwko on 04/07/06 17:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

1st Vette I ever bought and it was worth the wait. The car is just a blast to drive and the C6 is the best looking Vette

C6 Is a Great Corvette
By Jeff on 04/03/06 18:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

No surprise, you are buying an engine. They have just done a great job with the LS2. Performance-wise, the C6 is about as close to an engine stand with wheels as you can get. What will surprise you is how liveable the C6 is day to day. Driving it all most too much at the moment, but can't seem to get myself back into the other car. The other surprise is value. For the price, there really is nothing else. The options will undo this quickly, so just get what you need.

Wonderful Car
By Wonderfull Car on 03/22/06 04:37 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have had over thirty new cars. This is the best I have every had. It not only is a pretty car it is fun to drive. I knew we were going to buy it the minute my wife drove it. We are both in late 60's. Of course we have always loved performance cars so I thought I would like the GTO. I traded the '04 GTO on the Corvette. Can't believe how much better quiality is in the Corvette. This is our first Vette and can't understand why it took us so long to try one.

Riding on a cloud
By Vettbabe2006 on 03/20/06 06:30 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I recently traded my 1998 Corvette for a new 2006 Victory Red Coupe and I must say, Chevrolet has hit another one out of the park with the C6! The Corvette just keeps getting better with each new class. Driving my new C6 is like riding on a cloud. I love my new car and I would recommend it to anyone considering a luxury sports car.

Senses Beware
By Brian on 03/13/06 22:21 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

With 300 miles on the odometer, I came to rest at a familiar intersection. I then proceeded to roll the left window down of my monterey red 2006 Corvette. As the window disappeared within the door, I stuck my head out and screamed...."Thank God for the engineers that created the Vette!" With the window now up and the light now green, the emotions of excitement, gratitude, and disbelief of how wonderful a car could be begins to build yet again. In short, unbelievable acceleration, comfort, exacting heritage and beauty is the 2006 Corvette. Definitely in a class all its own.

Best bang for the buck!
By Jamie V. on 03/03/06 06:54 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first Corvette. I have had a Viper, NSX, Lotus and many others and this is a first class sports car. With 400 hp and great design this is a winning combanation, and dont leave out quality and the reviews show it is very dependable. My next one with be a Z06! Thanks Chevy for a awesome car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.