Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Definitely a 10
By Lipps

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I owned a beautiful white 2005 coupe with Z51 and 6 speed manual and put over 6000 miles on it before I decided I really needed a convertible. Although the Z51 was a monster, it was still very pleasant to drive, and a lot of fun when pushed to the limit. Then I bought this beautiful black convertible with 6 speed paddle shift auto and magnetic select ride. Wow .. what a difference! As smooth riding as a Cadillac with performance like the Z51 .. and bonus - 25 mpg! This Corvette is the first car I have ever bought, and I have owned many, that is absolutely perfect. The difference between this Corvette and the last one is like the difference between .. well, black and white!

Automatic transmission with paddle shift, magnetic select ride, power and performance, power top, Bose stereo, .. but most of all .. the way it looks. WOW

Perfect as is thank you.

2006 Corvette Convertible, 6 speed MT
By romieb

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the best Corvette I have ever driven. I have a lot of mobility problems yet I have no problem getting in or out of this vehicle. I have driven every generation of Corvettes and though all were fun, this one has been a pleasure to own. I think they finally got it right. Minor problems with the battery and power top.

The tremendous acelleration and the 6 speed manual.

Built in pad in trunk to cover the rear end due to the high liftover.

I'm Hooked!
By John

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've finally been able to buy my first Vette! Now I'm hooked, and I know that there will always be one (or more) parked in my garage. The power, handling, versatility, comfort, styling, and stereo are simply an amazing combination. I'm still not used to the admiring stares from other drivers, and people saying "nice ride" in parking lots , etc. I'm 6'-5", and am happy to report that I fit very well in the coupe & convertible. Alas, the Z06 "real" hard top has frame struts that prevented me from fitting into my true desire. Oh well, I probably would've got mare tickets with that baby...

The six speed auto (solid as a rock) & paddle shift, and the stereo (no aftermarket needed).

Put alternate auto shift on the console too. Paddle shift is difficult in tight corners, and intersections... Add iPod interface.

Fun car to own and drive
By vett owner

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Just back from Florida and had a blast driving it. It's yellow so you can't miss it and it seems like everyone saw it both on the road and off. No matter where I stopped people walked over to look and ask questions.

It's just plain fun to drive and enjoy.

The interior should be better.

Astonishing
By satyajit

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Excellent with all the features which i was looking for and i dont think any other car can compete with this one. Good Job. Keep it up!