2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
Second One
By Travis on 08/03/06 15:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

What a great car, this is the second Corvette I have owned. The first was a C5. This is a great car to drive. Wow can it move and turn heads. Plus I get 27 miles a gallon going 80.

A great car!
By Bob on 07/18/06 19:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I had a 2002 before purchasing the 2006. And while I liked the old one, there were a few little things that really annoyed me with it. The new one is really a great car! It has better quality interior, better ride/handling, nicer instrument panel, nicer closing doors, better fit and finish, less road noise, faster, the list goes on! Also, the new xenon headlights are great. I noticed the handling difference in the car (better) immediately leaving the dealer. I have the 6 spd manual. I took it on a 600 mile trip and got 31.4 MPG. I don't think there's another car made where you'll get this type of performance/mileage combination. I'm extremely happy with this one:)

Sweet Action
By Jeffthegreat on 07/16/06 17:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had this C6 for 5 days now. It is my 2nd Vette, and im so glad to be back in one. I traded in an '06 BMW 330i which was really beyond boring. While practical I just had no fun it. The heads up display, the seats, the obnoxious roar of the engine - cannot be topped by any other manufacturer. The only complaint I have is with the cheap plastic interior. Come on Chevy, get rid of it. The pick up on this beast is beyond anything I expected. The C5 I had was really powerful and fast, this one blows it away. If you're looking for an exciting car, something to put a smile on your face...get one! You will not regret it.

1 BAD 3LT C-6
By 1BAD C6 on 07/04/06 09:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Always wanted a Corvette. When the C6 came out to play I knew it was time to get one. From the test drive we were sold. Not many new cars off the assembly line have the performance, handling and comfort that the new corvettes have.We ordered ours with the Z-51 package. All my friends said it would ride rough. To theirs and our surprise it rides smoother than we expected. The creature features in the interior will keep you busy for a few hours trying to learn and remember. The exterior? What can you say? I call it Eye Candy. It looks so good!! Come on guys and gals we have 400 ponies to feed - don't expect to get 35 mpg. Remember you have to pay to play, OH what fun. We love it!!

Disappointed
By Pedro on 06/28/06 20:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I live in South Florida and had a black 99 C5 which I traded for this silver coupe with paddle shift, onstar, heads up display navigation and the Z51 racing package. The car gets lots of looks and has great accelerating power. One of the reasons for trading my old C5 was the top which at times leaked during very strong thunderstorms but to my surprise driving my new 2006 vette on the Florida Turnpike at high speed my roof peeled off and I was very lucky the roof flew high and swerved right into a ditch without hurting any of the drivers behind me. It is a shame that in a 56k dollars automobile we find such a poor quality. I will trade this vehicle primarily for safety reasons.

True American Sports Car
By John on 06/23/06 09:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great for long trips w/ upwards of 30mpg or 500 from an 18 gallon tank. Not enough side support for cornering in the seats but still holds on to the road well. Inside a little cheap, they could have used aluminum for the trim instead of aluminum-colored plastic. Engine bay not as nice as previous generation and hard to keep clean. Could have gone with a better sound system but all around this car beats out even European cars for the fun to price ratio.

Fun car
By jerry on 06/19/06 15:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love pretty much everything about the car, handling, speed, style, the look of course, and for the price, it clearly is the best sports car in value. Enough said. Speed

Best Corvette , {Ever}
By Stan Phillips on 06/12/06 08:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 2005 C6, is the 5th Corvette that I've owned. It is also the best one I have owned. Design, workmanship, handling, power & overall driving is great. I was a little disturbed with the new body style, at first, {but}, after having it for a couple of weeks, you really see that it's a great design, with all the sculptured front fender style, rear styling etc. I liked the C5, & was going to purchase a C5, but after studying the new C6, realized that it is a {MUCH} better car. The engineering of the it is the best ever. I'm very happy with The C6 & give it a 10 rating. Chevy top engineers really did a fine job with it. Very nice Corvette, Especially for the money. Other sport type cars with it's performance,{like the Ferrari}, & Porche, cost much more.& really don't perform that much greater, or as good. I highly recommend the C6, as I'm very happy with mine.

Awesome Corvette
By Pat on 06/10/06 18:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Corvette. The overall quality is impressive, the performance and handling is world class and awesome. We recently completed a trip from WA. State to AZ and back, 28+ MPG, cruise set at 90+. Very comfortable on the long trip. I read comments by others giving a negative to the interior and I disagree. They need to look at the other cars out there and compare, I drove the Porsches, MB and BMW. This care is at least comparable in quality and fit, but far exceeds them in performance and value.

Best yet!
By SAJ on 05/25/06 11:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my fifth Corvette and is the best yet. With magnetic ride control, it corners perfectly flat and yet the ride is extremely smooth. Acceleration is almost frightening and yet I've gotten 29 mpg on the open road. Interior quality, an issue in the 97, has been upgraded significantly. And there's something about the sound of the engine when starting the car that none of the older Corvettes had: it has a low growl that reaches a place in your soul.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.