Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Fun and comfort
By Fred Kraus

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

We traded a 2002 coupe for a low mileage 2006. They are two different cars. The 2002 was fun and fast, but not as smooth as the 2006. The 2006 is blindingly fast and very comfortable on long rides. Two trips from FL to NY, and one trip to Bowling Green. Room for two carryon size bags, one ice chest and one tolietries bag. 28 MPG avg. 85mph=2000RPM. Lots of waves and thumbs up. Can't stop grinning

Keyless ignition and entry, I never have to dig in my pocket.

Change sattelite radio to SIRIUS. Over- ride GPS lock if the passenger seat is occupied, eliminate the need for "Zones" to plan route.

C6 Corvette Coupe
By Volocty

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my car now for almost 2 years and it is hands down the most exciting car I've ever owned. Power, style, and even the fuel mileage is fantastic. We just came back from a 3400 mile road trip, avg 27.2 mpg, it was so comfortable, no complaints. Passing power & it drives like it's on rails. The coupe offers the best of both worlds, as the roof comes off and stows in the back, when ever you're craving a little wind in your hair. I have the 6spd Auto w/Paddle shiffting and we used it aevery time we came across some twisty roads. I can't wait for the next road trip... (yeah I'm still smiling)

Power w/fuel mileage that is unbelievable. 6Spd Auto trans. Styling is just hot!

Better sound system. Corvette logo stiched on the seats would be nice too.

More fun now than when new.
By Steve Lathrop

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car drives like a dream. It is fast, it corners like its on rails and has a surprisingly comfortable ride. I have had the car 18 months and planned on using it on weekends only. However, I have recently started driving it every day and I will be selling my Lexus and driving just the Vette. It actually has more storage space for my son's hockey gear than my Lexus, and it gets better mileage.

The heads up display. I always know how fast I am going, and keep myself out of trouble with tickets.

Fun at Any Speed
By JG

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The vehicle is absolutely perfect for the price. Got lucky and financed $2K below dealer invoice (family plan)! I always look forward to driving the car. Have the LeMans Blue with Comp Grey wheels and it looks "tuff." My only regret is not having the ability to find a dealership willing to participate with the ZO6 but rest assured, I'll be trying very soon. This car rocks and I know we C6 owners are aware that we are driving one of the best sports cars on the road. A real intimidator if necessary.

400 HP, we know the "twist" and 6 SPD w/Z51 Pkg.. need I say more?

Honestly, I cannot think of any.

No Regrets!
By jdmdzk

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Usually with significant purchases of any kind there is at least a little "Buyer's Remorse". There is absolutely none regarding our 2006 Vette. I would buy a second one if I could talk my wife into it!

Aggresive but very clean exterior body style. XM radio. HUD. The "looks" and "comments" our '06 Vette receives from people whom we don't know is absolutely cool.

Beef up Bose speakers or better align the amp watts with what the speakers will support. I have a right rear speaker that is already rattling because I like it loud when going down the highway with the targa top off. Isn't that one of the many reasons for buying a Vette ;-)