2006 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:
The Best Corvette I Ever Owned
By Kirby on 03/04/06 14:28 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 15th Corvette (first one, a '57, in 1959). It is without any question the best in every category. Performance is awesome, and my gas mileage is above the published values.

Over the top
By blemley on 03/02/06 08:39 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third Z06. I must say that I have been very surprised by the level of quality in the whole car. Every feature has been tweaked, improved or replaced. The interior is top notched. Every surface feels better to the touch. Since this one is based on the coupe it will now will allow me to carry larger items in the back which is amazing for a super car. This car is very efficient, comfortable, fast, affordable and athletic. The list of exotic materials in this car is simply amazing. The powerplant is this car is built with incredible strength and ability. I drove other cars in its performace range but the Z06 out shines them overall.

Problems with owning an '06 Z06 Corvette
By alenatasevich1 on 02/07/06 20:33 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have had nothing but problems with this car. Starter needs replacing. I had on road assistance called twice because the car didn't start. 2 & 1/2 months of owning this car and I'm informed that the "engine is cracked". I speak with mechanics & the dealership and I'm informed that this happened on installation at the factory as there was overtorquing that cracked the lower engine block. I was shown the problem visually. It's as clear as day which is another testimony to GM's & Chevrolet's quality control which is anything but. Nevertheless, they refuse to replace the car although its obvious that the car was delivered defective. GM is willing to replace the engine.

Unreal
By ELEANOR on 12/07/05 19:08 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

What an experience! Just picking up this beauty at the dealership was an experience. Had to go to NY to get this baby, was too much over list here in Miami. Drove car straight through overnight back to Miami from NY to avoid snowstorm. This is the car I have been waiting for my whole life. Had the 1969 427 with trips - brand new when I was young. What a difference between a 69 with the SAME 7 liter displacement and this new beauty. Don't know how they got the mileage from this new LS7 engine, remember very POOR mileage on my first Vette. Got so many stares and looks and the SOUND is INCREDIBLE! Every stop during trip home, found people standing around admiring the car. SOOOOO HAPPY!

Jim's 2006 z06
By Jim on 11/05/05 10:43 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

My car is a Black 2006 Z06. I drove the car off the showroom in Long Beach Ca to Modesto CA. 300 miles of fun. A very cool car. Looks great and other people always looking at it. It drives like a race car. Very powerful. The car will take off. Very comfortable interior and the touch screen navigation/stereo is very fun

Straight shooter
By IcesStraight on 10/28/05 22:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car pulls no punches and I love it! The steering wheel is too close to the driver's head and is sure to send many to the hospital when the airbag deploys.

Z06, a race car for the street.
By Terry on 10/21/05 01:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

427 cubic inches with 505 horsepower and 475 ft. lbs. of torque in a 3100 lb package. The car is absolutely awesome in acceleration, braking, handling. I have owned 6 Corvettes in the past. This is by far the baddest production Corvette produced so far. The torque of the engine is seamless from idle to it;s 7,000 rpm redline.This vehicle's performance is spectacular. It is almost unbelievable this car is so docile and easy in bumper to bumper traffic as it is right at home on the race track doing 150mph plus. The 6 piston calipers up front with 14" rotors and the 4 piston calipers with 13.5" rotors making stopping unbelievable. On the race track there is absolutely no fad.

Bad machine
By PATRICK on 10/20/05 13:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my fifth Vette, 61,66,78,96 & 06 and this is the best overall. Speed, performance, looks, and good ole American muscle. Compared to foreign cars this one is a steal and a head turner. Congrats to gm and more importantly the corvette division. Great job, keep ‘em coming and make the Vette live on, for ever and ever.

Excellent Corvette
By justin on 09/13/05 18:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car is the best car I have ever had. It drives like I want it to, but the only thing I don't like about it is the personal design of the car. Thanks for making such a car I love it I hope y'all will one day come up with even a better design than that is.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.